Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

AV
May 9, 2020

It is a fabulous course.During the Entire Course I feel A Great Enthusiasm in my own.I loved this course..Thanks to profesor Louis A. Bloomfield & University of Virginia For there great contribution.

MS
May 6, 2020

Mind blowing.. excellent study by Prof. Bloomfield. Hatsoff to you sir. Very excellent representation of physics concepts by taking interesting examples. Good Pesonalited Professor i have ever seen .

101 - 125 of 695 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By Dante E P M

Apr 8, 2017

This is a great course, sometimes in the college you do not understand some things, some concepts that are easy but sometimes in school the proffesors are not able to communicate the idea.

I will recommend this course to all people who enjoy to learn how things work.

Sorry about my English

By Karime A C

Apr 27, 2020

What an amazing course! the teacher have a huge passion about Physics and to teach about it, he shows that in class and make you have the same feeling by explaining everything in an easy, fun and dynamic way! I cant wait to see the second part of this course... I even bought his book!

By Catherine C

Jul 20, 2020

Really concise coverage of basic physics content! Great for people looking for an overview of physics without getting overly involved with mathematical calculations and super complex theory. Great instructor who clearly knew what he was doing and was excited about the material.

By Karmanyaraj S Y

Apr 17, 2020

I loved it, this course was engaging throughout and I actually tested out a lot of experiments shown by the professor. The quizzes were pretty captivating and allured me through the course. The scope of this program really helped me out with my high school curriculum as well.

By Daniel A V M

Sep 17, 2020

He's such an amazing teacher, I'm not a native english speaker, however I was able to follow the class without subtitles because his pronutiation is clear and fluent. I highly recommend that you take this course to learn about Mechanical Physics applied to the real world

By Lloyd K P H

Sep 29, 2020

A great course overall. Even for me that has little attention span, this course was able to pique my interests. The lessons are entertaining and fun. The course was able to explain so that even people that has little to no background of physics would understand it.

By Manmohini M T

Jul 31, 2019

I loved this course and specially the enthusiasm and energy with which Mr.Lou conveyed the videos. It was a little challenging at first but, thank you for simplifying physics. I am a total Physics person now.Also, is it possible to share Mr.Lou''s email ID? Thanks

By Sergio B

Jul 2, 2020

Very interesting course to follow! I loved the videos and clear explanations. As a student with an engineering background, the course helped me review a lot of Physics principles that are very useful to understand. Thank you for your time and dedication, Lou!!

By Geetesh G

May 8, 2020

It was an amazing journey of physics through this course. It changes my perception about physics and also helped me to understand the physics behind our daily life routine. I would be glad if i can join season 2 of this course or courses like this. Thank you

By Gihan I

Jun 18, 2020

Prof Louis Bloomfield is just outstanding for an online course such as this, His knowledge of Physics and ability to demonstrate it in this Coursera Presentation is phenomenal in how he breaks up the fundamentals of Physics. It was a great experience for me

By Shah M A R

Dec 28, 2020

This is a great course to learn physics in a great way.The Lecturer of This course was very happy minded and in the whole course was very much informative.I really enjoy the whole and wish for Part 2 of this Course or Specialization .

Over all - 5/5

☆☆☆☆☆

By Nabil K

Jun 30, 2017

Absolute gem. Truly magnificent. The teacher is very funny and easy to follow. He uses language very clearly and the knowledge is SO useful. I have applied much of the knowledge in real life and can now cycle 3km ph faster by limiting air friction. haha!

By Vennela V

Oct 28, 2020

Professor Lou is amazing at what he does, and how he explains concepts. I especially love how he constantly puts himself on the verge of getting injured just to make us understand, though I was constantly worried about him falling off the skateboard.

By Sk S I

Jul 21, 2020

The course materials are easy and entertaining, especially the theories fed through the use of daily equipments. Its a really entertaing course.

A lot of respect for you Prof.Lou Bloom Field . I have revised majority of theoritical basic within 8 week

By Jan V

Nov 15, 2015

Hi Lou,

thanks for the course. I have really enjoyed it and looking forward to season 2. My suggestion how to make the course even better - please provide correct answers with explanations to quizzes.

Thanks again and greetings from the Czech republic!

By s v v

Jun 24, 2020

It was fantastic experience of learning the method of teaching to the students. My dream is to be a good teacher in Physics to teach the students in an interesting way, Prof. Bloomfield made my interests ignited. Thank God for this wonderful course.

By Kunal C

May 8, 2020

Dear Sir, This course helps me a lot to understand the basics of Physics which is useful in everyday life. I earn a great concept of fundamentals of Physics from this course. It will be helpful for students from class 8 to even graduates in Physics.

By Christina H

Jan 12, 2021

I absolutely loved this course! It really helped me to understand the "why" behind certain physical quantities rather than focusing on mathematics alone. Professor Bloomfield is amazing at teaching and I wish he was my Physics professor at school.

By Karen G

Jan 5, 2021

Excellent course. Very informative and educational and a pleasure to audit. Very knowledgeable presenter. It would have been so much more beneficial while auditing the course to have had access to the quiz answers in order to track ones progress.

By Judeil M

Sep 5, 2020

I definitely gained an in-depth knowledge in this course, Physics. It was really helpful to be able to have access to such fun and real-life videos explaining how things really work around us. I enjoyed it so much! Thank you for this opportunity!

By Samarth A

Nov 25, 2015

Love this course ! Be it for beginners or for people who want to brush up on the basics I think you are at the right place to learn how simple everyday things work !!

The lecturer is just amazing and I have already learnt so much from this course.

By Esther M

Jul 23, 2018

The instructor does a great job of explaining physical concepts without using much math. It allows the student to learn how things work without getting side-tracked by math issues. It's a good course. Easy to understand, but not simplistic.

By John R D H

May 14, 2020

I am not a Physics type of person but I enjoyed this course very well. I learned a lot of things and a great advantage for me as a teacher. Coursera gave me opportunities to grow and be someone who is knowledgeable to my peers. Thanks a lot.

By yucel o

Aug 25, 2015

It's really great program to understand environment which surround us and performance of the professor is quite remarkable sample for other professors for their approach to their students while teaching so complex issues like these are .. :D

By Ledvin J G V

Jul 26, 2020

It is a good intoductory course, it explains physical concepts in a creative way whith a lot of questions and a bunch of examples and demostrations. It is not extremelly basic neither too complicated, good instructor and good video quality.