Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

AV
May 9, 2020

It is a fabulous course.During the Entire Course I feel A Great Enthusiasm in my own.I loved this course..Thanks to profesor Louis A. Bloomfield & University of Virginia For there great contribution.

MS
May 6, 2020

Mind blowing.. excellent study by Prof. Bloomfield. Hatsoff to you sir. Very excellent representation of physics concepts by taking interesting examples. Good Pesonalited Professor i have ever seen .

101 - 125 of 742 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By Lawrence M

Aug 31, 2017

The course is an examination of simple physics concepts. It is excellent for preparing someone for a more math-intensive physics course, and for refining your understanding and appreciation of the physics principles that govern day-to-day events and interactions. Professor Bloomfield promises to teach you how things work, and delivers nothing less.

By Christopher R

Sep 5, 2018

Professor Bloomfield was great, this is a perfect class for reviewing concepts or for someone like myself as an introduction to physics I missed in high school and junior college. I really needed the course to improve my physics terminology more than conceptual understanding, though I am certain I improved both. Thank you Professor Bloomfield!

By Abdul W

Jun 13, 2020

Very interesting and enjoyment course taught by the Dr. Louis A. Bloomfied,. I really enjoyed that course and I recommended my all fellows to registered in this course for enjoyment the Physics of how things works. Thank you very much Sir Dr. Louis A. Bloomfield and the University of Virginia teams for offering such interesting course.

By Lauren W

Jun 21, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Thanks to Lou, I can now have a conversation with my friend who did physics at university and I am able to understand what she is talking about (most of the time, at least, haha!). I have enjoyed learning for my own pleasure very much and I would love to do a part two of this course if one is made.

By Jillian A

Jun 25, 2020

This was a great intro to physics course! The methodology behind how the course is structured is perfect for really building an understanding of all of the basic concepts, and the ties to everyday life and objects help to cultivate a more authentic learning experience. I personally don't enjoy physics, but I did enjoy this course!

By Pratham S

Aug 27, 2017

This is an amazing course with fundamental details towards physics and on How Things Work! It helps you learn how to use Physics in Daily Day-to-day lives and it sure did help me on my skills towards Physics and in Science. Along with that, there is a great and funny professor, who teaches you about Physics and in How Things Work!

By Anika S G

Jan 15, 2018

This is one of my favorite courses on Coursera so far. Lou explains how things work in a visual way that I believe would be interesting to all learners. He is very passionate and excited while teaching and that makes watching his videos ten times better. I recommend this course to anyone wanting to learn basic physics knowledge.

By Huey N L

May 16, 2017

An excellent course by an excellent professor! Professor Bloomfield is passionate and enthusiastic about his work. The real life demonstrations with everyday objects made understanding the science of physics so easy and accessible. 10/10 would recommend to anyone wanting to gain a better understanding of the world around them.

By Carl R

May 23, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. I am at novice at online courses but experienced in general study courses. The lecturer really makes the course material interesting with real life scenarios and his energetic approach. Really enjoyed the course and if time allows it would like to consider taking the follow up. Thank You LOU!!

By bhakti p

Apr 23, 2020

The course is so well explained by examples, as rightly said by Albert Einstein "examples isn't the another way of teaching, examples is the only way of teaching"

I learned, how, when and where to apply which law of physics with this. Thank your very much coursera and the resourceful persons attached with it

By simon d

Oct 19, 2015

Very useful course as an introduction to how things work. Louis Bloomfield is fantastic. The enthusiasm and way he explains things are a credit to him and the university. If only all teachers/lecturers/instructors could be as enthusiastic and animated! Thanks for providing this course. Where is part two?

By Kelly

Nov 1, 2015

Thank you, Lou, for an extremely interesting and informative course. I enjoyed it, and would like to see it continue. You have a way of explaining things for the non-physics-major that FINALLY makes all this sink in. I'm happy to understand the world around me a little better -- it's even helped with a few

By Nidhi R

Dec 28, 2019

As an eleven year old I found this course very interesting. it was clear and I was able to understand the main topics and key facts. the videos were also fun with outdoor activities and real life questions in between. Mr. Louis A. Bloomfield was a great instructor and I really loved the course over all.

By Ketmanto W

Nov 10, 2020

Fun. However, I heard that the good video should be less than 6 minutes ( I forgot the reference, I mean, from the research). Perhaps next time, would Be better to divide all the contents into multiple videos. Otherwise, it’s very boring 😭😂😂. But thanks to professor Bloomfield, it is also fun.

By Paolo F

Dec 30, 2017

A uniqe opportunity for people who do not have science / engineering backgrounds to understand basic physics concepts.

Prof. Bloomfield is amazing in explaining supposedly complicated topics with absolute clarity and passion.

One of the best course I have ever taken. Look forward to part 2!

By Dante E P M

Apr 8, 2017

This is a great course, sometimes in the college you do not understand some things, some concepts that are easy but sometimes in school the proffesors are not able to communicate the idea.

I will recommend this course to all people who enjoy to learn how things work.

Sorry about my English

By Karime A C

Apr 27, 2020

What an amazing course! the teacher have a huge passion about Physics and to teach about it, he shows that in class and make you have the same feeling by explaining everything in an easy, fun and dynamic way! I cant wait to see the second part of this course... I even bought his book!

By Cathy C

Jul 20, 2020

Really concise coverage of basic physics content! Great for people looking for an overview of physics without getting overly involved with mathematical calculations and super complex theory. Great instructor who clearly knew what he was doing and was excited about the material.

By Karmanyaraj S Y

Apr 17, 2020

I loved it, this course was engaging throughout and I actually tested out a lot of experiments shown by the professor. The quizzes were pretty captivating and allured me through the course. The scope of this program really helped me out with my high school curriculum as well.

By Daniel A V M

Sep 17, 2020

He's such an amazing teacher, I'm not a native english speaker, however I was able to follow the class without subtitles because his pronutiation is clear and fluent. I highly recommend that you take this course to learn about Mechanical Physics applied to the real world

By Lloyd K P H

Sep 29, 2020

A great course overall. Even for me that has little attention span, this course was able to pique my interests. The lessons are entertaining and fun. The course was able to explain so that even people that has little to no background of physics would understand it.

By Manmohini M T

Jul 31, 2019

I loved this course and specially the enthusiasm and energy with which Mr.Lou conveyed the videos. It was a little challenging at first but, thank you for simplifying physics. I am a total Physics person now.Also, is it possible to share Mr.Lou''s email ID? Thanks

By Sergio B

Jul 2, 2020

Very interesting course to follow! I loved the videos and clear explanations. As a student with an engineering background, the course helped me review a lot of Physics principles that are very useful to understand. Thank you for your time and dedication, Lou!!

By Geetesh G

May 8, 2020

It was an amazing journey of physics through this course. It changes my perception about physics and also helped me to understand the physics behind our daily life routine. I would be glad if i can join season 2 of this course or courses like this. Thank you

By Gihan I

Jun 18, 2020

Prof Louis Bloomfield is just outstanding for an online course such as this, His knowledge of Physics and ability to demonstrate it in this Coursera Presentation is phenomenal in how he breaks up the fundamentals of Physics. It was a great experience for me