Back to How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics by University of Virginia

An introduction to physics in the context of everyday objects....

AV
May 9, 2020

It is a fabulous course.During the Entire Course I feel A Great Enthusiasm in my own.I loved this course..Thanks to profesor Louis A. Bloomfield & University of Virginia For there great contribution.

HR

Excellent Course for someone who seeks to learn Physics and its applications. Professor Bloomfield is Exceptional as he explains concepts with practical examples. Definitely a highly worthy course!!!

101 - 125 of 709 Reviews for How Things Work: An Introduction to Physics

By Huey N L

May 16, 2017

An excellent course by an excellent professor! Professor Bloomfield is passionate and enthusiastic about his work. The real life demonstrations with everyday objects made understanding the science of physics so easy and accessible. 10/10 would recommend to anyone wanting to gain a better understanding of the world around them.

By Carl R

May 23, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. I am at novice at online courses but experienced in general study courses. The lecturer really makes the course material interesting with real life scenarios and his energetic approach. Really enjoyed the course and if time allows it would like to consider taking the follow up. Thank You LOU!!

By bhakti p

Apr 23, 2020

The course is so well explained by examples, as rightly said by Albert Einstein "examples isn't the another way of teaching, examples is the only way of teaching"

I learned, how, when and where to apply which law of physics with this. Thank your very much coursera and the resourceful persons attached with it

By simon d

Oct 19, 2015

Very useful course as an introduction to how things work. Louis Bloomfield is fantastic. The enthusiasm and way he explains things are a credit to him and the university. If only all teachers/lecturers/instructors could be as enthusiastic and animated! Thanks for providing this course. Where is part two?

By Kelly

Nov 1, 2015

Thank you, Lou, for an extremely interesting and informative course. I enjoyed it, and would like to see it continue. You have a way of explaining things for the non-physics-major that FINALLY makes all this sink in. I'm happy to understand the world around me a little better -- it's even helped with a few

By Nidhi R

Dec 28, 2019

As an eleven year old I found this course very interesting. it was clear and I was able to understand the main topics and key facts. the videos were also fun with outdoor activities and real life questions in between. Mr. Louis A. Bloomfield was a great instructor and I really loved the course over all.

By Ketmanto W

Nov 10, 2020

Fun. However, I heard that the good video should be less than 6 minutes ( I forgot the reference, I mean, from the research). Perhaps next time, would Be better to divide all the contents into multiple videos. Otherwise, it’s very boring 😭😂😂. But thanks to professor Bloomfield, it is also fun.

By Paolo F

Dec 30, 2017

A uniqe opportunity for people who do not have science / engineering backgrounds to understand basic physics concepts.

Prof. Bloomfield is amazing in explaining supposedly complicated topics with absolute clarity and passion.

One of the best course I have ever taken. Look forward to part 2!

By Dante E P M

Apr 8, 2017

This is a great course, sometimes in the college you do not understand some things, some concepts that are easy but sometimes in school the proffesors are not able to communicate the idea.

I will recommend this course to all people who enjoy to learn how things work.

Sorry about my English

By Karime A C

Apr 27, 2020

What an amazing course! the teacher have a huge passion about Physics and to teach about it, he shows that in class and make you have the same feeling by explaining everything in an easy, fun and dynamic way! I cant wait to see the second part of this course... I even bought his book!

By Catherine C

Jul 20, 2020

Really concise coverage of basic physics content! Great for people looking for an overview of physics without getting overly involved with mathematical calculations and super complex theory. Great instructor who clearly knew what he was doing and was excited about the material.

By Karmanyaraj S Y

Apr 17, 2020

I loved it, this course was engaging throughout and I actually tested out a lot of experiments shown by the professor. The quizzes were pretty captivating and allured me through the course. The scope of this program really helped me out with my high school curriculum as well.

By Daniel A V M

Sep 17, 2020

He's such an amazing teacher, I'm not a native english speaker, however I was able to follow the class without subtitles because his pronutiation is clear and fluent. I highly recommend that you take this course to learn about Mechanical Physics applied to the real world

By Lloyd K P H

Sep 29, 2020

A great course overall. Even for me that has little attention span, this course was able to pique my interests. The lessons are entertaining and fun. The course was able to explain so that even people that has little to no background of physics would understand it.

By Manmohini M T

Jul 31, 2019

I loved this course and specially the enthusiasm and energy with which Mr.Lou conveyed the videos. It was a little challenging at first but, thank you for simplifying physics. I am a total Physics person now.Also, is it possible to share Mr.Lou''s email ID? Thanks

By Sergio B

Jul 2, 2020

Very interesting course to follow! I loved the videos and clear explanations. As a student with an engineering background, the course helped me review a lot of Physics principles that are very useful to understand. Thank you for your time and dedication, Lou!!

By Geetesh G

May 8, 2020

It was an amazing journey of physics through this course. It changes my perception about physics and also helped me to understand the physics behind our daily life routine. I would be glad if i can join season 2 of this course or courses like this. Thank you

By Gihan I

Jun 18, 2020

Prof Louis Bloomfield is just outstanding for an online course such as this, His knowledge of Physics and ability to demonstrate it in this Coursera Presentation is phenomenal in how he breaks up the fundamentals of Physics. It was a great experience for me

By Shah M A R

Dec 28, 2020

This is a great course to learn physics in a great way.The Lecturer of This course was very happy minded and in the whole course was very much informative.I really enjoy the whole and wish for Part 2 of this Course or Specialization .

Over all - 5/5

☆☆☆☆☆

By Nabil K

Jun 30, 2017

Absolute gem. Truly magnificent. The teacher is very funny and easy to follow. He uses language very clearly and the knowledge is SO useful. I have applied much of the knowledge in real life and can now cycle 3km ph faster by limiting air friction. haha!

By Luca C

Apr 6, 2021

Professor Bloomfield is a great teacher, the course was extremely interesting and it gave me a better understanding of the physics of everyday objects. I'm italian and I didn't have problems with the english used, it was pretty clear. Great experience!

By susan p

Feb 24, 2021

This was a great first physics class for me!! Lou is a funny guy. Teaching what can be an off putting topic like physics with humor and lots of demonstrations is 100% the way to go. Lou, you make learning fun, and that's a skill. Hope you get funded.

By Vennela V

Oct 28, 2020

Professor Lou is amazing at what he does, and how he explains concepts. I especially love how he constantly puts himself on the verge of getting injured just to make us understand, though I was constantly worried about him falling off the skateboard.

By Sk S I

Jul 21, 2020

The course materials are easy and entertaining, especially the theories fed through the use of daily equipments. Its a really entertaing course.

A lot of respect for you Prof.Lou Bloom Field . I have revised majority of theoritical basic within 8 week

By Jan V

Nov 15, 2015

Hi Lou,

thanks for the course. I have really enjoyed it and looking forward to season 2. My suggestion how to make the course even better - please provide correct answers with explanations to quizzes.

Thanks again and greetings from the Czech republic!