Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG
Jan 4, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR
May 22, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

51 - 75 of 522 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Natalia V

Sep 27, 2020

I am very thankful to Pekin University for the resources in this course. Aside from this course, I bought a second-hand book to practice for HSK and now I have my certificate. For a long time, I really wanted to start learning Chinese but is very expensive where I live and I couldn't afford it. Great course, and resources to make learning Chinese fun and easy! :)

By Victor Y

Jan 10, 2020

The content is explained clearly and progresses at a good pace. I already had one semester of college Mandarin and a year of self study before taking this course, but I wanted a refresher. Even though I'm not quite a beginner, I still gained some new insight on using Mandarin in practical settings. Overall, I would highly recommend this course for beginners.

By Pierre S

Jan 29, 2017

A great course for starting to learn Chinese with the additional goal of learning to pass the important HSK level 1 proficiency test. Instructor is YU Bin is one of most dedicated college professor I have ever meet in my years taking courses at university or Coursera! It really shows in her teaching style and the constant feedback that she provides.

By Chutikarn N

Jun 4, 2020

This course is very useful for beginners who want to learn basic Chinese and would like to test HSK1. The instructor will teach you about basic Chinese words, grammar, and culture. So, you will get a lot of knowledge which is necessary for the examination. Moreover, you can use it for communication in daily life with Chinese friends, too. :)

By Alfia W

Jun 19, 2017

This course is an enjoyable way to prepare for or review the HSK 1 test materials. Teacher Yu Bin is very pleasant and easy to understand. The video dialogues incorporate real-life grammar and vocabulary. Be sure to use the class resources, which include the texts and translations of dialogues, vocabulary lists, and more. Excellent class.

By Oso

Dec 14, 2020

I learned a lot from this course, the basics of the Chinese language from introduction to directions to asking basic questions. The favorite content is the video materials that can be replayed several times enabling to learn the conversations promptly. I am looking forward to learning Chinese, would love to learn HSK2. Xièxiè nǐ lǎo shì!

By Joao F

May 1, 2017

I love it, very well done the teacher explains with examples and inside the videos there are a lot of exercises. The part that I like the most its the listening section, the other Chinese courses don't have that and like the title of the course this is a great step to get to know the HSK test from 1 - 3.2 here with Pekin University

By Wiler R

Jun 17, 2020

I want to congratulate all the people who put a great effort in this course to make it possible for us to learn this amazing language during hard times. I'm pretty sure that I want to keep learning this language for the rest of my life if it is possible. There is nothing more to say just a few words of gratitude.

谢谢,老师.

再见.

By Wallis

Jul 12, 2017

I've learnt a lot from Chinese for HSK 1. Thank you Ms Yu Bin and all mentors as you all made learning Chinese a pleasure. This course is clear, easy to understand and well structured. I will continue until HSK 3. Hopefully, preparation course for HSK 4 will be offered in the near future. Sitting for HSK 4 exam is my goal.

By Steve H

Jan 5, 2019

Excellent resource for preparing for the HSK 1 exam. I used this course as a refresher as I prepare for the HSK 3 exam, working my way up. I will complete the HSK 2 course here as well before taking the HSK 3 course. I am confident that if I continue to apply my study method that I will pass the exams using these courses.

By Cuong H K

Apr 1, 2019

I just say one thing. If you ever wanted to learn Chinese, and struggling about finding the right path to learn it. This series is the right path. You just need to follow the lectures. No textbooks needed, no boring lectures, the two things you need to learn this language is time and passion. Happy learning Chinese!

By Cornelia H

Jan 9, 2018

Very professional course, easy-to-follow and complete. I was amazed by how fast I progressed. After one and a half month only, I could follow basic conversations, read and write almost 150 words and express basic needs in Chinese. The course’s videos helped to get used to the speed of Chinese native speakers.

By mae

Oct 2, 2017

A well made Chinese language course, the course materials are really up to date and helpful for everyday conversation furthermore the course content for each week are well planned and easy to follow. The course taught a few aspects in learning writing, reading, listening and including some of Chinese culture.

By Arnold B

May 21, 2017

A superb introduction to Chinese. I had previously been using Rosetta Stone but HSK 1 is much better for the following reasons: 1) listening to actual dialogs 2) grammar explanations provided 3) details of each dialog including translation and 4) learning to write the characters. Very well done program.

By Rafael B / 하 / 拉

Muito bom o curso! o aprendizado é bem explicado e aplicado de forma organizada, o aprendizado melhora muito. Falo por experiência própria. O curso foi muito bem organizado tanto na parte da plataforma com nas explicações da professora YU BIN. Muito bom, recomendo. Agora, vou em busca do meu HSK 6. rs

By Lauren F

Apr 29, 2019

My spoken and written Mandarin have improved compared to when I was learning exclusively with mobile phone app. I enjoyed the variety of listening and reading exercises in the quizzes. I feel that the study material in this course would help me to be adequately prepared to write the HSK Level 1 test.

By Anik S

Nov 6, 2020

Xiexie laoshi. It was a wonderful journey. I like your teaching style and method. Learned a lot about china throughout this course and hope one day I will visit China and I can easily communicate with everyone. Thanks for your support in my learning quest. This is the best course on Chinese online.

By Alecs S L

Dec 27, 2019

I have taken HSK 1 courses in classroom setting back in high school and college. I took HSK 1 again online as a refresher course. I can honestly say that this course has been very helpful. It provided sufficient materials for the lessons and the program was easy to follow. Thank you so much!

By Olga

Oct 2, 2019

Хорошо структурированный материал. После каждого урока есть маленький тест, и в конце недели-тоже, но с большим количеством вопросов. Это очень удобно. Также есть учебник со всем материалом.

Единственное, звук слишком тихий, когда говорит преподаватель, а звук заставки просто зашкаливает.

By Elena G

Oct 26, 2016

I have enjoyed this course very much so far. The pace is perfectly balanced, while also being challenging and entertaining - the lectures are very clear and the exercises are varied. I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested in picking up Chinese, regardless of the HSK exam.

By Felita C H

Sep 10, 2020

This course is really good, the teacher really teach and explain well (by giving time to practice, to think the answer, etc). The quizzes are really help me to review the material that already give, so it makes me not only 'receive' the material, but also to practice it through quiz.

By Adriana G

Jun 7, 2017

I love it ! I learnt a lot ! The content is well-designed. The teacher is nice. The course is challenging but it has a good pace. Even if you are not taking the HSK, this is an excellent course for learning vocabulary, expressions, grammar and interesting information about China.

By Robert H

Sep 11, 2020

This is an excellent course, both for starting to learn Chinese and for improving it. The course teaches you how to speak, listen, read and write in Chinese. It also teaches grammar. The course is well structured into topics. This course will help you pass the HSK 1 exam easily.

By Kristine M V S

Jul 1, 2020

I highly recommend this course. The content was very structured and the presentation was engaging. I loved the teaching style of the instructor! She explained everything clearly and her pronunciation was very understandable. Thank you so much for this fun and fruitful course!

By Carlos C O

Jan 5, 2019

UN CURSO EXCELENTE. PERMITE CONOCER LAS BASES DE ESTE HERMOSO IDIOMA DE FORMA AMENA, CON DIÁLOGOS ENTRETENIDOS, FRASES DEL DIARIO VIVIR, VOCABULARIO IMPORTANTE Y UNA BUENA BASE PARA PODER DAR EL HKS 1. YO LO DÍ Y ME FUE MUY BIEN, GRACIAS A ESTE CURSO.

ALTAMENTE RECOMENDABLE!!!