Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

AG
Jan 4, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

TR
May 22, 2019

Excellent course, Yu Bin explains the material very well and the content is well organised. I would have liked further explanations on the grammar and additional practice exercises beyond the quiz

76 - 100 of 522 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Erika M K

Oct 5, 2020

All the lessons were very clear and easy to understand. I gained a basic understanding of the use of tones and also I learned several vocabularies that are useful. This course helped me achieve one step closer to my goal and I hope I can continue learning Chinese. Thank you!

By Birke U

Mar 30, 2018

The course is very structured and a lot of tests are included to prepare you for the final HSK-1 Test. The teacher has a very clear pronunciation as also the students in the lectures. Grammar is also included according to HSK level 1 I guess. I enjoy the course. Great work.

By James R C

Jun 23, 2020

I am very pleased with HSK1. Although I have studied Chinese prior to this, I learned a great deal from taking this online course including improving my pronunciation of words as well as sentence structures I had not learned in the past. I heartedly recommend this course.

By SAMARAKOON M P M G

Sep 23, 2020

I like this course so much. this made me feel i should continue further studies in chinese. the overall course was great.lectures ,dialogues ,and specialy audio for listening did a great help to understand well. Lecturer Yu Bin and the team,Thankyou all for everything❤

By Jazmin A C M

May 22, 2020

A very complete course to introduce you into Chinese. I personally had some knowledge but it's been a time since I actually applied it. I loved being introduced again in this way. Everything is made so you can go on your own pace. Heading to the next course right now.

By Seán R M A

May 31, 2018

Very pleased with all aspects of this course. The lessons were well thought out, the presentation excellent, and the level of difficulty increased as the course went on. I feel very prepared to use Mandarin Chinese at a basic level, and plan to continue my studies.

By Santino D M

Nov 25, 2017

I without a doubt recommend this course, everything is explained clearly and teacher Yu Bin is very professional, my cheers also goes to the students who made the dialogue videos. I really feel i learnt the basics and I will definitively jump onto the HSK2 course

By Manuel E

Mar 13, 2017

YU Bin is an excellent teacher and the course was well organized. Our main mentor was also helpful. Of course, time and effort is needed to pass this course. The one thing that needs improvement is the dialogue page which is a complete mess on mobile devices.

By Marco S d P

Sep 3, 2020

I really enjoyed taking this course and learned a lot from it ! Each lecture is never longer than 10 minutes and the contents are interesting. I can confidently say that my level of Chinese is A2 now, and also very proud of it! Thank you for the great course!

By adriana m m

Dec 8, 2020

me encanto el programa. desde la primer unidad esta bien diagramado el aprendizaje de los temas . los diálogos ayudan mucho a conocer pronunciación y la manera de decir las frases! aprendí un montón de chino con este curso y me gustaría aprender mas! gracias

By Jonathan D

Sep 1, 2019

This course does everything it sets out to do, in a very structure and professional manner. I feel quite ready to sit the HSK 1 exam. I already had a bit of beginning Chinese under my belt, and I think my understanding of Mandarin phonology was an advantage.

By Akhmetova M

Nov 12, 2020

Курс очень понравился, все легко и доступно объясняется.

I like this course very much! There are lots of useful information that you can easily learn. The lessons explained by the teacher in very simple form so you can understand it easily! Great lessons!

By Thin T M

Oct 26, 2020

It's a wonderful course. The design of presentation and teacher's explanation make us easy ,comfortable and interested. After this course , I feel happy and wanna keep on learning Chinese . This course will make your leisure time effective and precious.

By Jan J B C

Aug 31, 2020

The course is a bit challenging if one does not have an initial background on Chinese. However, how it is structured is very helpful especially for those who would like to pursue HSK certification or would just like to learn practical/everyday Chinese.

By James B

Jan 14, 2019

Overall, this course is fantastic! The final test is a bit cumbersome because of the layout, and some of the recordings are excessively loud compared to the others, requiring one to adjust the sound, but the content and delivery are very professional.

By Beyers S

Aug 13, 2018

The impossible happened – a massive transformation in my "Western" (Germanic) mindset in learning the basics of Chinese in HSK1. Many thanks to Peking University (YU Bin & team) and Coursera for their excellent platform! Now for the next course!

By Monica G

Aug 12, 2018

Very well structured: new words and grammar points are read and explained by the teacher, who reads also all the dialogues. The teacher is very motivating and nice, she explains the items clearly and the exercises she suggests are very useful.

By POORVI T

Feb 17, 2019

I think it is one of the best resources available online to start off with your Chinese language learning. It allows you to learn the language in a very structured manner, which is much needed in the beginning stages of learning any new skill.

By Glorisel A G C

Aug 24, 2020

It's been such an amazing and gratificating experience to learn the Chinese language through this course, I do recommend it, It really worth to try it, you'll enjoy the growth and new knowledge acquisition and will want to keep learning more.

By Alba d J K A

Jun 16, 2019

I am refreshing my Chinese and this is a great course that I wish was available a few years ago when I was starting, HSK1 and beyond I would say, it has important grammar points and many exercises very helpful to anyone new to this language.

By Craig R

Mar 2, 2020

I loved this course! The video practices and quizzes were very helpful and the explanations were easy to understand and enjoyable. After studying Chinese for a year, I found this course to be the most helpful boost in my language learning.

By 李俊一

Dec 2, 2017

This is a good course.I'm a Chinese postgraduate student in Xi'an .Everyone who want to learn Chinese face to face by Internet connect me.I will try my best to help you.I can speak a little English.My email is arthurlijunyi@gmail.com.

By Joseph C

Aug 7, 2017

This is a great course with clear examples and explanations, the teacher works at just the right pace to let a beginner build their confidence and knowledge base; furthermore, all of the content is essential to daily life in China.

By Héctor P T

Dec 27, 2019

I've studied Mandarin for a couple years and still found many new and clearer concepts in this course. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't taken a more traditional approach following a University kind of course.

By Britney C

Dec 7, 2019

Me ha encantado este curso porque he aprendido mucho en poco tiempo, es muy flexible y se adapta a mi horario. Además que ofrece ayuda económica, es muy bueno para las personas que como en mi caso no podemos costearnos un curso.