Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

TN
Feb 20, 2017

Ce cours me permet de me familiariser l'audition ainsi que l'écriture des caractères chinois.\n\nMerci beaucoup à l'équipe HSK Level1 ainsi que la professeure Yu Bin pour le contenu et les ressources.

AG
Jan 4, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

51 - 75 of 546 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

May 4, 2020

Thank you so much for the opportunity to fill in some of my gaps! I have lived in China now for over 7 years but have always struggled with my listening and speaking skills [as well as not knowing many of the characters around me]. You have already gone a long way towards plugging up those pesky holes and helping me grow some confidence again in trying to learn Chinese :) God bless to you all!

By Maria I F A

Aug 31, 2020

I loved the course. I had started learning Chinese a year ago but had stopped studying for a while. This course helped me to get back on track and it helped me to remember many words and grammar structures I had forgotten about. I loved the dialogues, exercises, and quizzes. Thank you very much for this great course. I plan to take the next course and continue learning Chinese.

By Virginia H

Aug 25, 2020

This course was a great introduction to Chinese, and also provided optimal exercises similar enough to the actual HSK test. The content for each lesson is appropriately divided by categories, making it easier to find what you're looking for when you don't remember something well. Having an HSK mock exam as the final test will also prove very useful when taking the real version.

By Suchaya P

Jun 4, 2020

I tried to study Chinese when I was 10 years old and I gave up since then.

This course have changed my mind!! I gain a lot of basic knowledge that we need to know in this course including how to read pinyin, plenty of vocabularies, grammars and conversations.

Thanks to Ms.YU Bin and teams. I definitely will continue the other courses. It really help me in my career!

By William D S C

Nov 28, 2020

It has been an amazing experience for me. I started with the Chinese for Beginners course, and now I completed the HSK 1 Course. I want to thank Peking University for the quality of these courses, my only suggestion would be to improve some of the dialogues because some of them have to much echo and this makes harder the process of understanding the conversation.

By Natalia V

Sep 27, 2020

I am very thankful to Pekin University for the resources in this course. Aside from this course, I bought a second-hand book to practice for HSK and now I have my certificate. For a long time, I really wanted to start learning Chinese but is very expensive where I live and I couldn't afford it. Great course, and resources to make learning Chinese fun and easy! :)

By Victor Y

Jan 10, 2020

The content is explained clearly and progresses at a good pace. I already had one semester of college Mandarin and a year of self study before taking this course, but I wanted a refresher. Even though I'm not quite a beginner, I still gained some new insight on using Mandarin in practical settings. Overall, I would highly recommend this course for beginners.

By Pierre S

Jan 29, 2017

A great course for starting to learn Chinese with the additional goal of learning to pass the important HSK level 1 proficiency test. Instructor is YU Bin is one of most dedicated college professor I have ever meet in my years taking courses at university or Coursera! It really shows in her teaching style and the constant feedback that she provides.

By Chutikarn N

Jun 4, 2020

This course is very useful for beginners who want to learn basic Chinese and would like to test HSK1. The instructor will teach you about basic Chinese words, grammar, and culture. So, you will get a lot of knowledge which is necessary for the examination. Moreover, you can use it for communication in daily life with Chinese friends, too. :)

By Alfia W

Jun 19, 2017

This course is an enjoyable way to prepare for or review the HSK 1 test materials. Teacher Yu Bin is very pleasant and easy to understand. The video dialogues incorporate real-life grammar and vocabulary. Be sure to use the class resources, which include the texts and translations of dialogues, vocabulary lists, and more. Excellent class.

By Oso

Dec 14, 2020

I learned a lot from this course, the basics of the Chinese language from introduction to directions to asking basic questions. The favorite content is the video materials that can be replayed several times enabling to learn the conversations promptly. I am looking forward to learning Chinese, would love to learn HSK2. Xièxiè nǐ lǎo shì!

By Joao F

May 1, 2017

I love it, very well done the teacher explains with examples and inside the videos there are a lot of exercises. The part that I like the most its the listening section, the other Chinese courses don't have that and like the title of the course this is a great step to get to know the HSK test from 1 - 3.2 here with Pekin University

By Wiler R

Jun 17, 2020

I want to congratulate all the people who put a great effort in this course to make it possible for us to learn this amazing language during hard times. I'm pretty sure that I want to keep learning this language for the rest of my life if it is possible. There is nothing more to say just a few words of gratitude.

谢谢,老师.

再见.

By Wallis

Jul 12, 2017

I've learnt a lot from Chinese for HSK 1. Thank you Ms Yu Bin and all mentors as you all made learning Chinese a pleasure. This course is clear, easy to understand and well structured. I will continue until HSK 3. Hopefully, preparation course for HSK 4 will be offered in the near future. Sitting for HSK 4 exam is my goal.

By Steve H

Jan 5, 2019

Excellent resource for preparing for the HSK 1 exam. I used this course as a refresher as I prepare for the HSK 3 exam, working my way up. I will complete the HSK 2 course here as well before taking the HSK 3 course. I am confident that if I continue to apply my study method that I will pass the exams using these courses.

By Cuong H K

Apr 1, 2019

I just say one thing. If you ever wanted to learn Chinese, and struggling about finding the right path to learn it. This series is the right path. You just need to follow the lectures. No textbooks needed, no boring lectures, the two things you need to learn this language is time and passion. Happy learning Chinese!

By Cornelia H

Jan 9, 2018

Very professional course, easy-to-follow and complete. I was amazed by how fast I progressed. After one and a half month only, I could follow basic conversations, read and write almost 150 words and express basic needs in Chinese. The course’s videos helped to get used to the speed of Chinese native speakers.

By mae

Oct 2, 2017

A well made Chinese language course, the course materials are really up to date and helpful for everyday conversation furthermore the course content for each week are well planned and easy to follow. The course taught a few aspects in learning writing, reading, listening and including some of Chinese culture.

By Arnold B

May 21, 2017

A superb introduction to Chinese. I had previously been using Rosetta Stone but HSK 1 is much better for the following reasons: 1) listening to actual dialogs 2) grammar explanations provided 3) details of each dialog including translation and 4) learning to write the characters. Very well done program.

By Rafael B / 하 / 拉

Muito bom o curso! o aprendizado é bem explicado e aplicado de forma organizada, o aprendizado melhora muito. Falo por experiência própria. O curso foi muito bem organizado tanto na parte da plataforma com nas explicações da professora YU BIN. Muito bom, recomendo. Agora, vou em busca do meu HSK 6. rs

By Lauren F

Apr 29, 2019

My spoken and written Mandarin have improved compared to when I was learning exclusively with mobile phone app. I enjoyed the variety of listening and reading exercises in the quizzes. I feel that the study material in this course would help me to be adequately prepared to write the HSK Level 1 test.

By Anik S

Nov 6, 2020

Xiexie laoshi. It was a wonderful journey. I like your teaching style and method. Learned a lot about china throughout this course and hope one day I will visit China and I can easily communicate with everyone. Thanks for your support in my learning quest. This is the best course on Chinese online.

By Alecs S L

Dec 27, 2019

I have taken HSK 1 courses in classroom setting back in high school and college. I took HSK 1 again online as a refresher course. I can honestly say that this course has been very helpful. It provided sufficient materials for the lessons and the program was easy to follow. Thank you so much!

By Olga

Oct 2, 2019

Хорошо структурированный материал. После каждого урока есть маленький тест, и в конце недели-тоже, но с большим количеством вопросов. Это очень удобно. Также есть учебник со всем материалом.

Единственное, звук слишком тихий, когда говорит преподаватель, а звук заставки просто зашкаливает.

By Elena G

Oct 26, 2016

I have enjoyed this course very much so far. The pace is perfectly balanced, while also being challenging and entertaining - the lectures are very clear and the exercises are varied. I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested in picking up Chinese, regardless of the HSK exam.