Back to The Importance of Listening

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Importance of Listening by Northwestern University

In this second MOOC in the Social Marketing Specialization - "The Importance of Listening" - you will go deep into the Big Data of social and gain a more complete picture of what can be learned from interactions on social sites. You will be amazed at just how much information can be extracted from a single post, picture, or video. In this MOOC, guest speakers from Social Gist, BroadReader, Lexalytics, Semantria, Radian6, and IBM's Bluemix and Social Media Analytics Tools (SMA) will join Professor Hlavac to take you through the full range of analytics tools and options available to you and how to get the most from them. The best part, most of them will be available to you through the MOOC for free! Those purchasing the MOOC will receive special tools, templates, and videos to enhance your learning experience. In completing this course you will develop a fuller understanding of the data and will be able to increase the effectiveness of your content strategy by making better decisions and spotting crises before they happen! MOOC 2 bonus content in the paid toolkit includes access to Semantria's analytics engine to extract some data on the markets you are developing and have it analyzed. As a student in this course, you are being provided the opportunity to access IBM Bluemix® platform-as-a-service trial for up to six months at no-charge with no credit card (up to a $1500 value). NOTE: By enrolling in this course, given access to IBM's Bluemix technology for one month for free as well as Lexalytics' Semantria tool. For those earning a Course Certificate, you will be given an additional five months of Bluemix and three months of Semantria at no cost with a special key code. By enrolling for a Course Certificate for this MOOC, you are acknowledging that your email will be shared with Lexalytics for the sole and express purpose of generating your individual key code. After the key code has been generated, Lexalytics will delete your email from its records. Additional MOOC 2 faculty include: * Steve Dodd (SVP Business Development, Effyis - dba BoardReader and Socialgist - Global Social Media Content Access) * Seth Redmore (CMO, Lexalytics, Inc.) * Chris Gruber (Social Media Analytics Solution Architect, IBM) * Russell Beardall (Cloud Architect, IBM) * Tom Collinger (Executive Director Spiegel Research Center and Senior Director Distance Learning, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern) * Tressie Lieberman (VP Digital Innovation, Taco Bell)...

WL

May 26, 2018

I am enjoying the journey. I anticipate being a better digital marketer than ever before. Thank you for helping me to be better all the way around: personally, academically, and professionally.

SJ

Apr 02, 2016

I love the real-world and practical examples given for social listening. I think the descriptions of exactly how the social listening tools actually work help me with getting my own work done.

176 - 200 of 233 Reviews for The Importance of Listening

By Borkica I

Jan 06, 2016

the course is interesting, but i honestly enjoyed the first course more

By Alan E A

Aug 31, 2017

Much better than the first cours. In my opinion they should be merged. Level 1 didn't have that much information.

By Saverio L

Jul 12, 2016

A really interesting and useful course!

By SUN.Xizi

Mar 10, 2017

Very constructive and helpful

By Yolanda N P

Mar 03, 2016

The Bluemix video wa a bit confusing and my promo code didn't work and I never received a reply on how to get it to work.

By Paras A A

Apr 14, 2016

Learned a lot through the course. Will recommend it to anyone who wants to understand how to be effective in social media

By Lionel G

Jun 18, 2016

Great follow-up from the What is Social, with lots of practical examples. I have enjoyed this course and strongly advise to follow it

By Jumana S

Feb 03, 2016

i

By Shelli

Dec 05, 2015

This class provides great tools and approaches to power you social marketing efforts. Hands on and supportive to get you going.

By Marcy

Apr 23, 2016

Great content and wonderful presenters.

By Josh G

Jun 20, 2016

Thank you. Excellent information.

By Sarah I

Dec 04, 2015

Parts of it seemed a bit salesy, but I really enjoyed the insights from Tressie Lieberman.

By Steph L

Mar 14, 2016

This course was informative. I especially loved the interview with Tressie from Taco Bell. I feel like I learned a lot from her. The only part I did not enjoy from this course was the Peer to Peer assignment. Don't get me wrong, the assignment was very informative. I love the concept of peer to peer assignments because I get to learn so much more in different sectors. However, socialmention.com was NOT working for me. It was very slow and I could not even load the page. I had to go to a cafe with high speed internet in order to load my keywords, hashtags, and influencers, but I couldn't until the last day (which is why I handed in my assignment late). Other than that, this course was (probably) better than the first one.

By Kevin B

Jul 25, 2018

This course is very hands on. It taught me practical skills I could use immediately. Might need to be updated in a few places.

By Sumit C

Jun 01, 2019

Great Course!

The tools that were provided act as leverage to gain knowledge about how Social Monitoring is done and how to maximize your brand's reputation by knowing the competition in the market.

By Mark V

Oct 01, 2019

Very good. Very useful. I only drop a star because many instances were not up-to-date. Provides a lot of free tools!

By Michelle S

Nov 22, 2019

Great course, but a little dated. Needs some updates.

By kirti s

Dec 09, 2019

Very good course, covers and give most of the important information.

By Isaac T

Apr 03, 2016

We all hear about big data and it's core role at information society. This course helped me understand how we actually use big data to interact with people. I also realised that we don't need to be part of a big company to work with big data. There are tools available for every person, some of them for free.

By Shivangi c

Dec 06, 2019

This is course is very useful for me, I have learned so many things from this course and its very beneficial for my future career.

By Mohamed y a

Nov 21, 2017

you must believe data no matter your guts tell you , social monitoring tools are the only thing you must build your entire assumption on it not your biased brain searching on google .

the whole science of business is built to decrease the risks of losing your money and time and social data monitoring is one of those decrease losing tools so don't hesitate to spend some money on it for the long run benefit .

By Luz E P A

Sep 28, 2016

Great really useful!

By Fiorenzo C

Nov 24, 2018

The first two weeks were very useful, because I gained insights about many interesting Social Media Analytics platforms, but them the content stopped being relevant and up-to-date.

By Emma H

Nov 03, 2016

Great course. Felt a little salesy at times, with all the monitoring products features (some which wouldn't work due to changes in UI or incompatibility with my computer). But overall a great overview of monitoring software and the importance of understanding your audience.

By Gavin B

Apr 20, 2017

Lots of application that are discussed within the course have been updated, so the tutorials are not longer relevant. This made it challenging to utilize the applications to the full extent.