Back to Inferential Statistics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inferential Statistics by Duke University

This course covers commonly used statistical inference methods for numerical and categorical data. You will learn how to set up and perform hypothesis tests, interpret p-values, and report the results of your analysis in a way that is interpretable for clients or the public. Using numerous data examples, you will learn to report estimates of quantities in a way that expresses the uncertainty of the quantity of interest. You will be guided through installing and using R and RStudio (free statistical software), and will use this software for lab exercises and a final project. The course introduces practical tools for performing data analysis and explores the fundamental concepts necessary to interpret and report results for both categorical and numerical data...

MN
Feb 28, 2017

Great course. If you put in a little effort, you will come out with a lot of new knowledge. I recommend using the book after you have seen the movies. It gives a deeper picture of how it works. Great!

ZC
Aug 23, 2017

This course by Professor Çetinkaya-Rundel is awesome because it is taught in a very clear and vivid way. Lab section and forum are so dope that I love them so much! Definitely strong recommendation!!!

76 - 100 of 358 Reviews for Inferential Statistics

By Scott K

Sep 9, 2020

Very thorough course, and at the same time not overwhelming. The combination of the text, the videos and the practical use in R, reinforces the learning in a great way.

Aug 1, 2018

Un curso de inferencia muy completo. La instructora explica de forma muy clara todos los conceptos, incluyendo ejemplos interesantes de las Ciencias Sociales y la Salud.

By Giulia T

Nov 12, 2019

Nice follow up from the previous course in the specialisation. The teacher is clear and the main concepts are reminded throughout the course and explained in good depth

By Yogesh A D

Aug 7, 2016

The best course for beginners in Inferential Statistics. The concepts are explained very clearly. Each and every statement made in the lectures are clearly justified.

By Guannan G

Nov 15, 2016

The course is very good to acquire a basic knowledge of statistics, however, the final exam is not very easy to standardize to show the master of the materials.

By Maksym B

Nov 21, 2016

Great course with great lectures! I liked the quizzes. But the most I liked an exam. The exam assignment was very interesting and peer grading was very useful!

By Brandon F

Oct 1, 2017

Great foundational class in stats analysis -- would like more time spent on ANOVA and some of the non-T test related analyses as these felt a bit brushed over

By Federico C

Jun 13, 2016

Great course. Very clear and informative. There are lots of examples that are interesting and easy to understand. The assignments make it absolutely worth it.

By 海鹏 李

Dec 10, 2018

This cours helps me a lot to understand the mechanism under the numbers and statistic, I really recommend u to follow it if you wanna to be a data scientist!

By BATUYONG, J (

Aug 4, 2020

i'm going back to this course. pandemic keeps me from learning, data analysis courses will give me that last skill on a list of things that make me useful.

By yaw o a

Jan 2, 2017

Great introduction to inferential statistics. Its helped me understand the course well. The lectures were great and the assignments wonderful. Thanks a lot

By Andrew L

May 23, 2017

An accessible, thorough introduction to the core skills needed to understand the most common tools in inferential statistics and how to apply them with R.

By Lotachukwu I

Jul 7, 2020

This course is awesome (Course 1 & 2 have been great so far). You get better at using R while also learning Inferential Statistics. Would 100% recommend.

By Srinivasan K

Jun 12, 2017

I have found relevant examples which has explained the concepts very good. Even though the subject is heavy the instructor has kept it very interesting

By Arvind M

Aug 2, 2017

One of the best courses on statistics available online. Exercise/Assignment at the end of each module is quite hands on and helps to implement leanings.

By Badrinath J

Apr 8, 2017

The instructor is amazing. I wish I had such instructor in my school. I love this course. 5/5. I am new to stats, and I feel like I have strong basics.

By Magdalena B

Nov 24, 2020

I liked the course very much. Statistics is not easy (at least for me), but I found that the lectures were very well prepared, organized and explained.

By Erik F

Jun 19, 2017

While there is a lot of material in this course, it was taught very well and had good learning material in the accompanying book and practice problems.

By Luv S

Jun 11, 2018

Great course. Professor Mine is amazing as usual. She has a really good knack of breaking down difficult concepts and drilling it into your brain.

By Ripple S

Apr 25, 2020

I can feel that the tutors put lots of effort into the course. I learnt a lot from it. Thank you so much. Looking forward to your other courses.

By Tomasz J

Jul 9, 2017

Very good. There could be more about creation of contingency tables in R which is required for summary statistics in EDA and in the final test!

By Gencay I

May 9, 2018

Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel is one of the greatest instructor that I'have ever met in online coursing.Her English is ver clear and descriptive.10/10

By Yashu S

Sep 23, 2017

Best place to strengthen your basic concepts of inferential statistics. It has been a year since I took this course and I still refer it often.

By Christopher T

Feb 21, 2017

Overall great course. The videos were extremely helpful in learning the material. The labs and project were well put together to help learn R.

By Pamela W

Dec 15, 2016

This course really helped set up a foundation in inference that I feel like I've missed in other classes I've taken. This was great! Thanks!