Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

VL
May 28, 2017

The best python course i ever had thanks to the teachers therereally awesome, and the classes are very pleasant. if your aout there trying to start with programming, i definitely recommend this course

GV
Apr 24, 2020

it is really a good, and interesting course offered by coursers. the teaching staff and the proffers exp land in a detailed and understandable way and made the course essay to understand and workout.

251 - 275 of 868 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Soaham S

Sep 12, 2018

Excellent course. I like that the assignments actually offer a challenge and make you use your skills like an actual programmer.

By Adrian G

Jan 18, 2018

The course is very well presented and organized. It was a pleasure to do the sometimes challenging assignements. I learned tons!

By Alex B

Nov 26, 2017

Hands on right from the start. No BS.

User friendly working environment. No need to download any fancy text editors or heavy IDE.

By 唐雷

Sep 14, 2017

The best course ever! It's really appropriate for you to get to know Python and use it to create something amazing by yourself!

By Yiqing W

Oct 1, 2018

It's a good elementary class to help you start the study of Python. And writing some little game is interesting and fantastic.

By JULIO D

Aug 31, 2017

Even dough I don't have any background in computer sciences at all I found this course very useful, friendly, and resourceful.

By Antonio V

Apr 29, 2020

I find it a fairly suitable course for beginners in the world of programming, focused on interactive programming with Python.

By Filip Z

Mar 18, 2019

Excellent course! I think this is the perfect continuation after finishing Dr. Chucks introduction to Python specialization.

By kayinglau

Jun 29, 2020

I am an architecture student and had little foundation of programming. This course helped me start a new journey of coding.

By Dinh P T

Oct 26, 2016

Great course, I have already had previous experiences with coding but the instructors made the course so enjoyable for me.

By Anna-Kristina P

Dec 13, 2018

A great introduction to using python and with really interesting mini projects that make you want to complete the course.

By sunwen

Oct 19, 2017

Very good class! Not too hard but very interesting. I feel very excited when I see the games that I wrote is working out.

By Dimitris P

Aug 8, 2016

Excellent lesson, gave in a gamified reason the basic principles of computing.

Congratulations for the inspired projects!

By Christian R

Oct 25, 2017

very entertaining and highly informative. learning curve has an appropriate slope. 5 stars and hence 100% recommendable

By Carly T

Oct 2, 2017

I like this course so much. it was funny by making game every week that really inspired my interests of studying python.

By McWelling H T

Sep 19, 2017

Rice university is lucky to have Warren and Rixner. I highly recommend this course for anyone looking to pick up python.

By HJ P

Sep 13, 2018

This is the perfect course to improve programming skills in python. Especially, mini-projects were awesome! Had fun! :)

By tian t

Apr 12, 2017

Amazing course! I love the projects are designed. One really has to do some practical exercise to improve coding skills

By Kaushiki

Apr 20, 2020

I really liked this course as every assignment contained an interesting game and I learned Code Skulptor tool as well.

By Moyang L

Nov 3, 2019

Thanks for the professors and advisors designing and contributing to this course! I learned lot through the projects.

By Дилбарян А Р

Oct 25, 2018

Great!! I can tell, it was the best experience in my life! I'm thrilled to continue study Python and other languages.

By Sharath R

Aug 8, 2017

Very good course.....very helpful.....starts from scratch and end in a very professional manner.....thank you so much.

By Bockelmann, G

Sep 12, 2019

The course was very nice. It started from zero knowledge and the learning curve was good. It is highly recommendable.

By Christian T

Sep 14, 2018

Great professors, very dedicated, talented and knowledgable. Clearly experts. Very clear instruction. Will Recommend!

By Derk-Jan W

Dec 1, 2016

Excellent and fun course (part1+2), thank you very much! It has given me the head start in Python I was looking for.