Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

VL
May 28, 2017

The best python course i ever had thanks to the teachers therereally awesome, and the classes are very pleasant. if your aout there trying to start with programming, i definitely recommend this course

GV
Apr 24, 2020

it is really a good, and interesting course offered by coursers. the teaching staff and the proffers exp land in a detailed and understandable way and made the course essay to understand and workout.

126 - 150 of 856 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Andrew W T

I loved this class and already enrolled for part two! The professors are excellent, the lectures are excellent and the mini-projects are very, very fun. Highly recommended if you want to learn software development using Python.

By Carmit B

Jan 17, 2019

Great course! I highly recommend this series to anyone who wants to get started with programming. The instruction is great and clear! This course is interesting and motivating because it focuses on learning by problem solving.

By Aitken G

Apr 10, 2018

This course is great. I loved the detailed explanations and the constant challenge.

Miniprojects are really fun too, particularly liked the different levels of support, so you serve of all the resources to finish your projects.

By Domenico M

Nov 30, 2020

Fun to follow to learn the basics of python. Helps given on topics other than pure programming are useful.

Excellent idea of having subtitles in the original language and other languages, especially for non-native speakers.

By Dawn G

Jan 8, 2019

Loved this course! It was challenging, fun and interactive. I moved at my own pace and had plenty of reference material to guide me in driving to my solution. Great approach and opportunity to leverage the knowledge gained.

By Matthew S

Dec 29, 2020

A well-structured and accessible introduction to both Python and computing in general. There's enough challenge to make the course interesting and worthwhile, but not enough to overwhelm and discourage. Highly recommended.

By Louisa N

Jan 24, 2018

Enjoyed learning through games and the challenges put up. they make you practice a lot which is good when trying to grasp new concepts.The course is quite interesting and easy to spend a lot of time on without realizing.

By Miguel D D

Jan 9, 2018

This has been the very best course of introductory Python I've ever seen! The instructors are very friendly and the course is pretty good structured, it teaches the important things but doesn't keep the things boring!

By Hugo O C R

Jul 25, 2017

So far as I can tell, this course covers a wide range of basic Python subjects, and brings challenging exercises, which is pretty stimulating and comes in handy considering the amount of things one can learn by doing.

By 张鑫淼

Dec 17, 2019

Great course!I really learn a lot about interactive programming with python.The course has a wonderful teacher team who will patiently explain the principles,show the implementations hand by hand.Thanks for coursera!

By Evgeny T

Jul 27, 2016

Nice course for beginners. Would recommend "Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)" as a prior specialization to this one, as it sometimes may seem a little bit difficult for a complete beginner.

By Paula B

Best course experience I've had! Being able to take the courses on my own time helped me retain more information here than I have in other classes. I also thought all the professors were excellent. Onto Part 2!

By Andrew F

Jun 19, 2017

An excellent introduction to Python to those with now previous experience, the course is paced perfectly to introduce new concepts and then test your ability to use them - and it's fun too! Highly recommended!

By Aušra A

Nov 18, 2020

The course is very interesting to present, easy to understand for a beginner. Tasks are understandable, fun. Lecturers know how to be interested, speak clearly. Thank you for starting into the world of Phyton.

By Calvin B

Jul 19, 2020

This course was a wonderful intro to Python and programming as a whole. I learnt a great deal of practical knowledge. I look forward to continuing this series, and the Fundamentals of Computing specialization.

By Eduardo S m

Jul 3, 2020

i have no words to describe, this course! excellent material and professors! all body that wants to know compuation have to check this course! congratulations, to joe, scott and john to be very good teachers!

Mar 9, 2018

I have dabbled in proggraming ever since , the 5-inch floppy, but this is the first course/guided study book were I feel I am making traction and looking forward to building some software in the near future .

By ALOK Y

Oct 19, 2018

It's been a great course for me.I would like to thank all the teachers, without their valuable advice I will not be able to complete this course.Coursera is a great platform to learn many things.

By RUBANKUMAR D

Nov 20, 2020

Useful to a great extent. Learnt major concepts of application of python in code sculptor.

If some one is reading this review in an idea of taking this course then you are fortunate and try this for sure.

By Zhujun L

Nov 4, 2018

The structure of the course encourages students to write code on their own, which is the best way to learn a programming language.

The professors in this course explain concepts clearly, and they are fun!

By Do H L

Mar 9, 2016

One of the best, most fun introductory Python course on Coursera. You'll create games!!! You create then you play to entertain yourselves and your fellow friends! What else do you need??? It's super fun!

By Lien C

Dec 24, 2018

BEST TEACHERS EVER!

Thank you so much for putting in so much effort in creating this amazing course and the specialisation!.

I have learnt so much about programming and had great fun all the way through!

By Yanliu L

Jul 27, 2018

This is my first programming course, a little difficult but those mini projects are so interesting! The attracted me to try my best to finish the course! I felt a huge development of programming skills!

By Venkateshwaralu

Jun 26, 2016

This is less of a course on a programming language and sounds more like a mindset for programming. Glad that I have enrolled for the specialization and looking forward to go through the whole journey :)

By Victor l