Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

VL
May 28, 2017

The best python course i ever had thanks to the teachers therereally awesome, and the classes are very pleasant. if your aout there trying to start with programming, i definitely recommend this course

CD
Jul 12, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

851 - 875 of 885 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By caifangfang

Nov 16, 2016

interesting and not too easy

By 曾力

Jul 1, 2016

none

By Santhosh C

Jun 21, 2020

Good course. I became fluent with solving simple coding problems. Course content is good and lot's of problems to gain practice. Dont agree with grading policy. I feel I was treated unfairly. My code for Pong works perfectly on my computer but I received feedback saying some parts of it do not work and I lost points. I was also trolled by one person who gave me zero points for my mini-project.

By ANNE M

Jun 2, 2019

This is a very frustrating class. the lectures are great, and it's fun doing the examples and projects. The quiz/tests on the other hand are awful. example week 4. in no lecture have we discussed time.time or the epoch. I found it, but the point is, you are not testing the students on what they are being taught! I'm very disappointed in this.

By Matteo P

Apr 12, 2019

Very good approach...Maybe to much mathematics things on programming language. I would prefer some cases and algorithms referring to "normal life". and... I don't agree 100% with the choice to use only codeskulptor. in particularly program graphic interface I would prefer to use standard graphic python library.

By John f

Mar 11, 2019

This is a beginner level course. that being said i came to this course as a true beginner programmer. I picked up the subject matter well enough but felt like some of the lectures glossed over some subjects and there was not enough practice work to become truly proficient with all the subjects.

By Chris

Aug 20, 2020

Good overall. Some of the levity from the instructors was a little distracting. I had some difficulty getting a peer-review project graded in Week 4. The course helped me understand the basics of using modules to write GUIs into python programs.

By Ahmed G

Jun 27, 2020

not appropriate with the beginners, because it doesn't cover all the details and all the fundamentals. It just gives you the important things

By Daniela N A

Jul 15, 2019

We should have learned about oop first before doing GUI stuff, but I guess they thought otherwise :(

By Asad J

Nov 7, 2019

The audio quality of the instructors is poor and hard to understand.

By Vivaswan S

Mar 13, 2020

Out-Dated Course

By Engy K T

Sep 6, 2021

By Yuri K

Apr 11, 2021

Outdated version. Valid principles. Still, study of Python 2 is a sheer loss of time.

Pity.