Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

101 - 125 of 666 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Kwon Y

Oct 08, 2018

good!!!

By ALOK Y

Oct 19, 2018

It's been a great course for me.I would like to thank all the teachers, without their valuable advice I will not be able to complete this course.Coursera is a great platform to learn many things.

By Soaham S

Sep 12, 2018

Excellent course. I like that the assignments actually offer a challenge and make you use your skills like an actual programmer.

By Hae-Ji P

Sep 13, 2018

This is the perfect course to improve programming skills in python. Especially, mini-projects were awesome! Had fun! :)

By JARLINTON M Z

Aug 19, 2018

Good course for review some fundamentals knowledge

By Christian T

Sep 14, 2018

Great professors, very dedicated, talented and knowledgable. Clearly experts. Very clear instruction. Will Recommend!

By Amir Y

Sep 14, 2018

The way I see it, this course has been carefully crafted to assist the beginner with developing practical proficiency in building things in Python. I love the fact that this course doesn't leave you hanging with so many references to sift through and go "figure out" on your own as other training platforms tend to do. That leaves beginners confused and lost, and demotivated. But because there is more handholding, yet the perfect balance to give the confidence needed to actual build in python, I think this course is a masterpiece so far. Looking forward to completing the course.

By Jingxia P

Sep 11, 2018

the best Python intro ever

By Kacyn R

Sep 26, 2018

Was actually a very interesting class! I feel most computer programming classes should be structured like this. Learn a hell of a lot more actually programming rather than taking tests and quizzes.

By LeeMinGyu

Sep 27, 2018

i am learn a lot

By Malwina K

Sep 30, 2018

I am 34 yo physiotherapist and I did it. You can really start with 0 knowledge about programming and finish the course. Just be stubborn and persistent :)

By Asfandyar M

Sep 30, 2018

Beneficial.

By Hao W

Oct 02, 2018

Completed

By Yiqing W

Oct 02, 2018

It's a good elementary class to help you start the study of Python. And writing some little game is interesting and fantastic.

By Jayden

Oct 06, 2018

This is a excellent course for you to start programming in Python

By Andres H

Oct 22, 2018

This course its a little hard walk through in the programing basic concepts, although the concepts are very funny to learn they lead to a deep understanding of programming essentials

By Luis B

Oct 22, 2018

Is amazing the way Im learning thru this class...

By Дилбарян А Р

Oct 25, 2018

Great!! I can tell, it was the best experience in my life! I'm thrilled to continue study Python and other languages.

By Sharon C

Aug 28, 2018

Very helpful, the mini-quizzes in between each episodes forces you to pay attention and keep wake ;P

By Martino F

Jul 23, 2018

It's perfect if you follow the part 2 course. It's a gentle but firm start to program in python!

By Kelly Q

Aug 18, 2018

Em, I feel really grateful to have participated in this course. It's quite fun, a little bit challenging yet useful and most importantly gave me great sense of achievement .

I want to express my sincere thanks to Joe, Scott and John who give me this lesson. Thank you a lot and I will join the part 2 soon.

By Ed M

Aug 30, 2018

Awesome, great for beginners

By LIM C S

Jul 25, 2018

Good lecture. Especially, it was nice to be able explain the python programming in an easy to understan