Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

VL
May 28, 2017

The best python course i ever had thanks to the teachers therereally awesome, and the classes are very pleasant. if your aout there trying to start with programming, i definitely recommend this course

CD
Jul 12, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

101 - 125 of 861 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Jordan Z

I went into this course knowing very little about python coding. I found their teaching style to be very accessible and the projects to be both fun and challenging. Even after taking all 7 courses, I still have a lot to learn, but I feel like I gained a lot from this specialization.

By Milos P

Jun 24, 2018

Wow! What a well-done, interesting, and fun course. This turned me on to interactive programming and has inspired me to continue on to the second course. The professors are great and have fine-tuned their pedagogy to make this class accessible to programmers from all walks.

By Filip B

Dec 20, 2017

I cannot really say how good it is for learning Python from scratch because I knew something already, but to me it seems it is just a little bit more difficult than other courses but with great exercises. Examples are really challenging (but not too much) and inspirational.

By Haris M

Sep 7, 2017

This course in my opinion is an introduction to gaming with python. Its a fun course. By making games, not only will you learn python but also the fundamental programming concepts and logic building techniques that you can apply in any other programming language as well.

By Jose D

Sep 28, 2016

Excelente taller para iniciarse sin mayor experiencia e inclusive para aquellos que alguna vez han desarrollado y no lo hacen desde hace mucho tiempo, tal como es mi caso. Altamente recomendado para ampliar las competencias y capacidades de desarrollo de soluciones.

By Megan R

Nov 19, 2016

Great introduction to Python, the dev environment makes me feel as though the lessons may not be 100% transferable but it is a great course for fostering an interest in Python and structured very well to keep learning engaging and challenging but not overwhelming.

By Olivio A C J

Nov 2, 2019

Wonderful course. One of the best courses I have ever taken at Coursera. The activities are very well thought out and well dosed. It starts from the basics and explains everything very well. I recommend it to everyone who wants to learn Python and programming.

By Kuznetsova G O

Mar 7, 2019

Everything in the course is explained clearly and thoroughly and the tasks are very useful. I would recommend this course to everyone who has weak knowledge in programming and would like to start with some course. Thanks to all lecturers. They did a great job!

By Raúl G

Feb 15, 2018

This is an amazing course!! It really helps you learn in the environment of really cool teachers. Loved every lecture, including the programming tips.

Also, look for a lot of fun when the teachers play with each other.

And expect a lot of games... and ties!

By zc52rd

Aug 20, 2017

Reliable instructors teach in an attractive way. It's awesome having put the all the knowledge I wanted into the learning process where I even have not felt a little tired.

Really enjoy learning in this class, the experience is fantastic and unforgettable.

By Roberta A M

Aug 31, 2020

I loved every part of this course! The content is really good and the experience so enjoyable thanks to the amazing work of the instructors! i have learned a lot and can't wait to attend the rest of the courses in the 'Fundamentals of Computing' program.

By Yehoshua K

Feb 7, 2018

An excellent course. I've been away from Python for a while, but am now reviewing it prepatory to doing the entire specialization. There are a few technical hiccups, but the teaching is so well thought-out that I'm willing to deal with those issues.

By Maksim U

Nov 17, 2018

I have never had any experience with programming before this course. It was a pleasure to complete the course, the material is well-structured and the tasks are reasonably challenging. I would really recommend this course to all newbie programmists.

By Heba I

Oct 14, 2018

I really enjoyed watching and rewatching the videos xD the instructors are fun and the mentors on the forums are alert and helpful .

About the content : it teaches python as well as some mathematical in different way , Gamification ,and i like that .

By Marcel-Jan K

Nov 4, 2016

I've gained great enthusiasm for the language Python from this course. I like the fun the professors put in this course.To make games as a programming assignment is one elements that keeps you going.

I likely will follow part II in the near future.

By Dean S

May 12, 2016

I would like to see the end date of the course linked to the start date of the next course (Part 2) without a few week time lag, or a one week lead time. It would nice to have the option to keep going while the material is still fresh in my mind.

By Hamza a

Mar 21, 2018

One of the best course but not for those who are afraid of programming because this course is bit pacey in terms of defining things i will recommend Python for Everybody course first then after that you will fell comfortable in this course .

By Oliver B d L

Jan 12, 2021

Really enjoyed the course. The progression throughout the weeks is very well structured and the lecturers are great. They crack some lame jokes, but I really appreciate them trying to add fun to lectures. I would 100% recommend this course!

By Gitesh C

Aug 28, 2017

Excellent delivery of topics ! I did this course back in 2013 when part 1 and 2 was a one single course. I not only learnt python but got an amazing game "Spaceships" to my resume as well. Plus, it was so much fun making that video game.

By Lasarenko V

Jan 18, 2021

Great course! I really recommend it to all of you! I had a lot of fun. Tasks were not difficult but really interesting and effective! You'll have to use Python 2, but this course there was almost no difference from Python 3. Good luck!

By Peter D

Feb 15, 2017

Excellent introduction to Python and programming. The Python concepts move at a gentle pace, but the assignments are quite challenging. This makes a great introduction to programmatic thinking and problem solving in addition to Python

By sayed m

Jan 24, 2021

I really enjoy the course, and the instructors are very friendly and skillful too, on top of that I really admire the way they present the course with an easy and simple ideas such rock paper scissors lizard Spock :)

By Edward W

Jun 20, 2020

Very enjoyable course. Even though I had already done an introductory python course (University of Michigan) I learnt a new way of thinking from this course. The game design concept makes event driven programming easy to understand.

By Kamya

Aug 11, 2019

It's one of the best beginner courses when it comes to Programming in Python. As someone who is from an entirely non-technical background, I was able to understand most of the material and have enjoyed the learning process entirely!

By Jinru Y

Nov 17, 2017

A very useful course, and I had so much fun doing it!

I really like the professors, they successfully made me get interested in computing.(I hated computing for actually no reasons before and I'm so glad I decided to try this course)