Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

VL

May 29, 2017

The best python course i ever had thanks to the teachers therereally awesome, and the classes are very pleasant. if your aout there trying to start with programming, i definitely recommend this course

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

151 - 175 of 818 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Nurullah K

Mar 22, 2019

It is a perfect course to start with.You can improve your python ability with interactive programming and fun assigments.It is definitly gonna improve your problem solving skills.

By Abhishek J

Aug 22, 2019

Thank you so much for such a wonderfully structured course to explain the concepts of Python programming. I can't wait to start the Part 2 of this course to finally make the game!!

By Amanda A

Mar 17, 2018

This class is great for brushing up on Python skills! The instructors provide all the tools to be able to complete projects and the course is challenging enough to stay interesting

By Quentin L

Sep 14, 2016

Good course to learn the concepts deeply and make it registered by the brain, especially if you test and think things in parallel by yourself. Starting the second course right now.

By Kareem Z

Jul 23, 2020

Great Course. Amazing instructors. I really thank all people who have exerted efforts to create such a high-quality course and I thank Coursera for giving us this chance to learn.

By Joeway B

Sep 26, 2019

Pretty good! I do find it very challenging when it's at the mini-project but with a little research and trial&errors they usually end up well!

Thanks for making this course! :)

By YI

Dec 11, 2016

like it.

like the mini project a lot. it really helps you build up what you have learned and put it into practice. and also it benefits a lot from examine other peers assignment.

By Dreycey A

Jan 19, 2019

This introductory course into interactive programming in Python was absolutely amazing. There's no better way to learn how to code than to do it with a particular goal in mind.

By Florecita R

Feb 17, 2017

I enjoyed this course a lot! They really accomplish to make it fun :D The explanations are very clear and concrete, simple but not boring. I can't wait to learn more in part 2.

By Sara D T

Apr 11, 2016

I really enjoy how this course is setup. There is no need to install anything, and the codeskulptor is a great learning tool. Also, the videos are entertaining and informative.

By MacMike

This course is presented well, the quizzes are written well and the programmes we write are cleverly chosen to develop familiarity with coding in python - what's not to like?

By Anna L

Jun 16, 2018

This was an incredibly rewarding and all-around fun course! I would definitely recommend this course to any beginners who want to learn a little Python in an interesting way!

By Zi Y J

Jun 07, 2016

Good design and very informative. I would just like to see maybe a tab or easier way to access all the links given in the video without having to go through the video again.

By Oswaldo S J

Sep 14, 2016

This course teaches the basics of programming in a very accesible way, and the professors adopt a cool and easy to grasp way of teaching.

10/10 - Would take the course again

By avinash a

Jun 27, 2017

The course starts with building your foundations in python. It is really basic and anyone with basic knowledge of computing can finish this course. It is really enjoyable.

By Nigel K

Nov 17, 2019

I was very impressed with this course. The teaching was good (and appealed to my sense of humour) and I am happy with the projects that the course enabled me to complete.

By Muskaan C

Apr 03, 2017

Good level of programming. But for submitting your assignments you need to purchase the course only that is a negative point for this course. But the learning is awesome!

By Kyung J L

Jan 14, 2018

I am aware that this is an introductory course but I can't erase the feeling that too much of the work is done for us. The lectures / assessments were very good though.

By Ayush S

Jun 20, 2018

Amazing course, A must-do for novice programmers, or one's looking to have a firm grasp on the fundamentals. Excellent exercises, no mugging up, legit problem solving.

By James K

Jun 03, 2020

Fantastic course, it takes something I was finding challenging to learn and builds up your knowledge at a steady pace. Im delighted with the progress over the 5 weeks

By vasanth K R

Mar 17, 2017

excellent course to get a good introduction to programming in python. Mini project based appraoch ensured I got hands on training throughout the course of the project

By John C

Jun 26, 2017

Excellent hands-on way to learn Python, from instructors who love the topic and made the course fun and low-key, but still rigorous. It's a commitment that pays off.

By Adam B

Jul 07, 2020

Very fun and interesting course. The workload is well balanced and the projects are explained in a way that makes them challenging but achieveable with some effort.

By Ikseon K

Mar 06, 2018

Professors really tried to teach us in more fun and more interesting way. Thanks for their support and help with our understanding Python and computer science. :)

By Chenguang Z

Aug 09, 2017

A great class, which make me have a basic knowledge of Python and I think I will keep learning python since it is a interesting language! Thanks all the teachers!