Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

201 - 225 of 666 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Petr E Y

Jun 22, 2017

A fantastic course with a very professional teachers and lots of fun moments. Totaly enjoided it!

By McWelling H T

Sep 20, 2017

Rice university is lucky to have Warren and Rixner. I highly recommend this course for anyone looking to pick up python.

By Joshua C

Jul 12, 2017

Very well taught. All of the video lectures help tremendously in the learning process, I plan on taking all 7 courses because of this teaching method.

By Anshul P

Aug 08, 2017

Really helpful

By Jonathan S

Mar 11, 2018

A challenging yet rewarding introductory course to computer science. Highly recommended!

By Rita C

Sep 29, 2017

This is a very good course! I love it!

By Jaehwi C

Sep 22, 2017

I think this the best course for learning Python!

By Zequn L

May 12, 2017

Great as an introductory course.

By Mohana D

Jun 24, 2017

Interesting, challenging and Fun. :-)

By Pablo S G

Apr 28, 2017

Este curso me ha enseñado mucho y muy bien. También me ha aportado la motivación que hace falta para seguir aprendiendo más cosas por mi cuenta.

By Qing Y

Jul 17, 2017

This cours gives me a brief introduction to python! I would keep following this course!

By Sanjeev M

Aug 16, 2017

The course is very good. Especially it will be great for learners new to programming.

By JULIO D

Aug 31, 2017

Even dough I don't have any background in computer sciences at all I found this course very useful, friendly, and resourceful.

By Gleb L

Nov 19, 2017

Great course, couldn't recommend more

By Ramesh A

Oct 19, 2017

really great course

By Tracy X

Jan 27, 2018

Very clear lectures, good exercises, and interesting projects for which I'm actually proud of! Thanks!

By PAUL H

Dec 03, 2017

Absolutely terrific! I especially appreciate the downloadable code that reproduces what's shown in the videos. It allows me to do for myself what the lecturer has just said. Allows me to play with the code to try alternatives and see what works and what doesn't. N.B. Be prepared to spend more than the suggested time on the lectures, exercises and miniprojects. But it's well worth the investment.

By Nicholas B

Apr 14, 2016

These guys make programming much more approachable.

By Vaduva R

Jun 20, 2016

Very interesting course and the learning process is easy to follow, i recommend it.

By Francisco d J G A

Feb 04, 2017

It's a great course. Teachers are awesome since they're capable of getting your attention 100% of the time by keeping motivation up and making the learning curve really smooth. Thanks!

By Brett A C

May 20, 2018

This is a good introduction to the language and some of the principles of CS. If you have experience with coding, this course won't be too challenging.

By Mehari G