Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

401 - 425 of 666 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Immadi N V S S

Jun 26, 2016

The best course I have ever taken online. FYI this was my first course online too.. A year ago. But till date this is the best course I have ever taken. It taught me valuable programming skills. I was the kid who knew nothing about programming before this course. Now I am taking third part of this Specialization.

By Dinh P T

Oct 26, 2016

Great course, I have already had previous experiences with coding but the instructors made the course so enjoyable for me.

By Frank S

Sep 28, 2017

Great Course!

By Pankaj K

Jun 28, 2016

Wow i have just started and i am beginning to love it.

print "it's exciting"

By Judy Y

Apr 12, 2018

Clear instructions and practical projects!

By 张晓东

Oct 01, 2017

awesome

By 赵忆冬

May 02, 2016

Very nice! I really learned a lot from it ,it's very interesting!

By Gillian J

Sep 15, 2016

I learned a great deal in this course, whilst enjoying the lively lectures and interesting, fun projects. Definitely highly recommend for those interesting in computer programming, whether new to the field or (like me) refreshing old skills. Thanks to all the lecturers for this great introduction - I'm looking forward to the rest of the specialisation. :)

By Kayla G

Dec 19, 2017

This class was SO HARD. Every assignment left me staring blankly at the screen, before running back to check the documentation or re-watch the relevant lecture. But then, as I started writing, I would realize I could do it! It's a lot of work and a lot of time, but the instructors are obviously committed to helping students actually learn real-world skills, instead of just getting more Coursera clicks with an easy class.

A+ and thank you to all the instructors for such a well-designed class. Can't wait to continue on with the specialization!

By Jeong S K

Jun 03, 2018

Course really gets you involved and it wasn't what I expected. I thought this would be another straight cut class but it's very through.

By 关凌云

May 30, 2017

很有趣

By Emil D

Aug 31, 2017

I think this is well designed course and also enough challenging . I was surprised that it is possible to learn that much on an online platform.

By Mohamed G A S

Apr 21, 2017

Very useful course

By Tao Y

Jan 12, 2018

Very good class! Professors are really smart and codeskulptor is convenient to my python study.

By Grace

May 08, 2017

Great! The professors are adorable and the content is easy to understand.

By Bill C

Apr 12, 2016

Great course, great instructors, was hard, but the community of learners was fantastic and helped out a lot. Pace is face, be ready to commit time to it.

By 郜梦蕊

Nov 27, 2016

This course is very funny and useful, and don't worry about the homework, the teachers will give you basic train of thought which will help you a lot!

By Prakhar D G

Jul 25, 2016

Very nicely taught. Well structured and content was very apt. A big thanks to coursera team. Extremely satisfied. :)

By Gabrieller

Jul 28, 2016

Nice course! And really fantastic teachers!

By Cristobal G R

Apr 11, 2018

Great for beginners and a very supportive group.

By Mohamed S

Feb 16, 2017

Excellent course, very rigorous and makes you work hard but if you put in the effort you really learn a lot.

By 伯韬 胡

Sep 24, 2017

Really a great course for people who are new to Python!