Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 2)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 2) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 2 of this course, we will introduce more elements of programming (such as list, dictionaries, and loops) and then use these elements to create games such as Blackjack. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Asteroids". Upon completing this course, you will be able to write small, but interesting Python programs. The next course in the specialization will begin to introduce a more principled approach to writing programs and solving computational problems that will allow you to write larger and more complex programs....

IS
Jun 22, 2016

This course is the best course I have ever taken. It covers all the topics very well. And importantly I love the treat at the end of every week. The ultimate showdown between the two best instructors.

JG
Apr 1, 2020

A very elegant yet fun way to explain python. I have used the skills learned here and build very useful scripts and python-based micro-services in my current company that have enabled many use cases.

126 - 150 of 282 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 2)

By Abhishek J

Sep 23, 2019

Thanks for this wonderful and interactive course. I thoroughly enjoyed learning python here.

By Ivan

Jul 8, 2020

I've finally understood classes! Very well done course. Done with love and professionalism.

By Russell W

Jul 3, 2021

V​ery good course for learning OOP. Projects helped to solidify my understanding of OOP.

By Mendy H

Apr 26, 2018

Great course organization and entertaining coursework! I really like this Python course!

By Jayadev H

Apr 13, 2018

Very good.

Doing the peer assessment can become slightly tedious.

Thank you professors!:)

By Igal P

Jul 21, 2017

Thank you so much!!! Great and interesting course that makes learning to program fun!!!

By Stanley C

Sep 29, 2016

It's really easy to learn Python while students follow the instruction step by step.

By AN-HUNG ( T

Aug 26, 2018

Just amazing ! I will definitely complete the rest of the specialization courses.

By Americo J D C

May 27, 2016

It was a though one but I finally completed this course. Instructors are awesome!

By Rawan A S

Oct 10, 2020

it was perfect but some time i think i need more information about the curse

By Olga T

Jun 24, 2018

I was enjoying to build the game and getter understanding of games physics

By Daniel O

Feb 6, 2017

Great introduction to programming, made interesting and easy to everyone.

By Prakhar C

Nov 17, 2016

Loved this course! Thank you so much for making this course available.

By tim101

Feb 12, 2019

Very well designed course which teaches the concepts in a fun manner.

By Ivy H

Jan 18, 2017

Great class with useful knowledge! Professors are awesome and so fun!

By Eiaki M

Aug 17, 2020

Only programming course I finished so far, now I know basics of OOP.

By Abhishek C

May 21, 2017

Awesome course. Perfect for beginners with a healthy learning curve.

By Mengmeng Y

Dec 23, 2016

Love this course, my introduction course to python, learned a lot

By Zhao Y

May 2, 2016

Very nice! I really learned a lot from it ,it's very interesting!

By Andrés F M

May 18, 2016

An awesome course, I would like to take another course like this

By Jeffrey C

Sep 18, 2019

Good two part series to learn basic principles to learn Python.

By Frank S

Mar 21, 2018

Great Course. Excellent Professors and challenging assignments.

By sunwen

Oct 20, 2017

good course!Worth the time! The teachers are so nice and funny!

By Nikos A

Jan 22, 2018

Understanding how an interactive game is built. The right way.

By Arthur-Lance

May 19, 2017

thanks a lot! the course is very good, it make me happy!! haha