Back to Journalism, the future, and you!

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Journalism, the future, and you! by Michigan State University

You will learn about the career paths that are available in journalism, and what opportunities the skill sets of a journalist can offer in other fields. You will explore areas such as being an international correspondent, self-publishing in journalism, as well as how to freelance in the field. You will be empowered to develop your own path in journalism, from being an active and informed consumer, to being a journalist. The worlds of business, communications, politics, education and marketing all utilize elements of journalism. This course also examines how to keep the trust of audiences through ethical, and responsible, journalistic practices. Sometimes, journalists need to be aware of their own safety. We will intelligently discuss how journalists around the world handle pressure, threats and other dangers while doing their jobs. Journalism - and journalists - are agents of change. Are you ready to become one too?...

SR
Jun 29, 2018

Fantastic Class! I have a BA in Journalism and I felt the Coursera/MSU SoJ Classes were indeed tougher and give a much better example of 'real world' than you will find in most class rooms.

VS
Dec 6, 2016

Genuine course, which makes budding journalists aware about the dangers involved, dedication required, & precautions to be taken, as well as importance of business aspect in journalism.

26 - 50 of 92 Reviews for Journalism, the future, and you!

By Michaela H

Jun 10, 2020

I learned a lot about methodic. I had opportunity to practice my english, which is always useful. Thank you

By Israel G

Oct 17, 2020

Even though I have 20 years of experience, it was refreshing, I learned some new stuff I'm thankful for!

By Sirio M

Feb 28, 2017

My journey continue, this is my fourth step. Learning a lot with the professors I'm honoured to work.

By Marie V

Jun 11, 2016

I really enjoyed this class because it really hit on international issues for those who are abroad.

By Robert B S M

Apr 30, 2019

Excellent course. This information will come in handy for the freelancer...like me!...thanks...

By Alfonsus G

May 12, 2020

Great because I can know the implementation and challenges of journalist work. Recommended.

By Lucy G O

Sep 17, 2019

I enjoyed every bit of the lecture i received . The instructors all did a wonderful job.

By PANAGIOTIS B

Feb 23, 2021

Thank you again Journalism School of Michigan State Univerity. Coursera and OAED.

By Hajera R

Jul 1, 2020

This was a great lesson i had. Thank you Coursera and Michigan State University.

By José A V R

Jun 29, 2020

Thanks to Coursera, I'm able to make this specialization. Thank you, Coursera!

By Pamela G

Apr 21, 2020

Definitely more challenging than the previous ones but more rewarding as well!

By Preeti S

Apr 22, 2020

Teachers are best! They're teaching pattern is also best! Thank you so much!

By Juan A F M

Nov 9, 2019

Assignments were really helpful to show the understanding of the content.

By Jose A

Jul 5, 2020

The activities are really good to cement the knowledge from the videos.

By Ruben G

Apr 4, 2018

I am forever grateful. Thank you, my professors. You taught me a lot!!!

By priscilla k

Mar 25, 2021

Thank you so much Coursera & Michigan State University! I'm so happy

By K

Apr 23, 2020

Great course! The professors make it fun and a worthwhile course.

By Mensa-Addo K W

Mar 5, 2021

I have learnt a great deal out this course. Thank you Coursera

By LIVYA A

Oct 24, 2020

This is very helpful to me ....I enjoyed the sessions..loved it

By Rebeca R

Mar 12, 2021

To be a journalist with professionalism but above all humanism

By Atta R

Dec 20, 2018

excellent course. I learnt valuable information through videos

By Sadia A P

May 2, 2020

They try to teach easily and their videos are so informative.

By Soumithra B

Dec 22, 2019

Incredibly helpful throughout your professional journey!

By Aditi B

Aug 11, 2020

learned so many new things. The course is very helpful.

By ing. L M O

Nov 25, 2019

Very good as it was prepared by expert leaders ;-)