Back to International Organizations Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Organizations Management by University of Geneva

This course provides an introduction to International Organizations and the United Nations, and explores how business and management tools can be applied in these settings to achieve better, more effective results. With a focus on cross-sector partnerships in a changing world, the course offers you insights into the inner workings of international organizations and the challenges they face today. It will introduce you to effective, state-of-the art management tools and principles to help you lead change in this world – taught by senior staff of international organizations themselves. This is an introductory course offered by the International Organizations MBA (IO-MBA) of the University of Geneva, an executive program for change-makers in international organizations, NGOs and social ventures....

AA

Jul 06, 2020

This is definite one of the most interesting g course I have ever taken. The instructors are well grounded in the field with lots of experience in International Development and United Nations system.

MD

Mar 06, 2020

It is quite a good course. I am happy that I learnt something about International Organisations Management. I convey my thanks to the Team Coursera and the teaching team of the University of Geneva.

226 - 250 of 290 Reviews for International Organizations Management

Jun 13, 2020

great

By Ramil K

Apr 07, 2020

Good

By 임지윤

Apr 15, 2019

g

By Reka K

May 02, 2020

This course is a great introduction to the world of international organizations. The lectures with Bruce Jenks are a clear highlight, they are thought-provoking and give an excellent insight into the dilemmas of UN leadership. I particularly liked the stories (e.g., about Dag Hammarskjöld and Jim Grant) and concrete examples that he linked to the theory. On the other hand, I expected more from the PPP section: it remained very theoretical and focused on generic frameworks. I expected a lot more case examples and detailed analysis of those.

Some of the readings in the whole course could be more interesting, too. I generally preferred video content and exercises over long articles (e.g., great TED talk in the branding section!)

By Alejandra M M

Dec 26, 2018

I am happy to have participated in this course. A the beginning my expectations weren't that high, specially when it comes to the last topic: marketing, but after completing the course I was surprised by all the new perspectives that I found here.

The name of the Professor on Strategic Communication and Marketing is confusing because somethimes she introduces herself as Claudia Romo, and sometimes as Claudia Gonzalez, and other she uses her husband's last name, Isn't it a incoherence with the content of the segment where it stresses the importance of coordinating one message?

By Rabina G R

Sep 25, 2019

This course has guided me to internalize and enhance my knowledge to best utilization of the transition period of seeking challenging job opportunities in Nepal and abroad; in the Sectors of International Organization Management and its Core Elements to Operations since the beginning of the UN and International Organizations History, Actions, Contributions, Achieving Common Vision, Values, Norms through the Public Private Partnership, Marketing Plan, Fund Raising, Media and Communication Tools with practical examples and so forth.

By Davi T

It was a fantastic experience! The course is very concise and well developed. It allowed me to review and rethink several aspects of my professional life. Marketing in particular, with Claudia Romo Edelman was really good and productive! I am definitely putting in practice a lot of what I learned from her. The partnership part was also really good! If the more theoretical bits from the first weeks could be less orthodox and hegemonic, it would be more interesting. But since it is a short course, it was appropriate.

By Cameron C

Aug 06, 2020

I enjoyed the course as a whole, particularly the final module. There were however a few issues that might be reviewed in the provisions of the course going forward. First of all, the transcript of the lectures is riddled with errors, and would perhaps benefit from some editing and review. Second, a number of the links to reading materials did not in fact link to the document in question, or linked to expired websites. Besides that, I learned a lot and thank you for the opportunity to take this course!

By Adriano D

Apr 06, 2020

The course is really interesting and it provides basic knowledge about the UN and its functioning. However, some links have to be replaced, because once you click on them you receive a 404 error. There are some videos in which the subtitles stop or are not provided at all and some questions that refer to knowledge that is explained later on. However, these are technical issues and they have nothing to do with the quality of the course itself, which I recommend as it is very interesting and useful!!

By Jamie C

Jul 02, 2020

This was valuable, maybe slightly different than what I expected. Unfortunately I was interrupted due to attempted international travel whilst doing the corse due to COVID and quarantine etc.. so it was a bit fractured for me. Though I believe that the course is great. I really liked the lecturers, they were very relatable. I will be looking into more studies with the University of Geneva.