Back to Internet History, Technology, and Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Internet History, Technology, and Security by University of Michigan

The impact of technology and networks on our lives, culture, and society continues to increase. The very fact that you can take this course from anywhere in the world requires a technological infrastructure that was designed, engineered, and built over the past sixty years. To function in an information-centric world, we need to understand the workings of network technology. This course will open up the Internet and show you how it was created, who created it and how it works. Along the way we will meet many of the innovators who developed the Internet and Web technologies that we use today. What You Will Learn: After this course you will not take the Internet and Web for granted. You will be better informed about important technological issues currently facing society. You will realize that the Internet and Web are spaces for innovation and you will get a better understanding of how you might fit into that innovation. If you get excited about the material in this course, it is a great lead-in to taking a course in Web design, Web development, programming, or even network administration. At a minimum, you will be a much wiser network citizen....

TR
Aug 11, 2020

This course was awesome. A combination of the history, sociology and practical architectural / implementation elements of modern digital and internet technology. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks Chuck!

SB
Jan 6, 2016

This is an extremely important course. I would love to see it taught in high schools or in the first year of university. We should all understand how the Internet was developed and how it functions.

576 - 600 of 628 Reviews for Internet History, Technology, and Security

By Jeevan K

Aug 27, 2020

I am very happy to take this course and Mr.Chuck I felt I have learnt many things new. Thank you Mr. Chuck

By Jakob P

May 25, 2017

A basic and good introduction to internet history, technology, and security. The pace is very laid back.

By Dale G

Oct 12, 2016

I learned a lot about the under pinning of the internet and how various things worked together on it.

By Sarthak P

Jun 5, 2019

Best historical information about internet technology . I surprised when reads and watch new videos.

By Aniruddha C

Mar 31, 2019

It was a great learning session. Special thanks to Dr. Chuck for describing all the topics clearly.

By Jorge O A C

Nov 9, 2015

It was a really fun course. I Learn a ton even though was already familiar with the topics covered.

By Nivedha S

Apr 24, 2018

Great brief on the history of internet with interviews from the people who actually worked for it.

By Ildiko Z

Apr 22, 2017

I really liked this course , I only rated it 4 stars, because I think the history part was too big

By Marcos M

Aug 19, 2015

The course is teached with good humor and an easy to understand method. Congratulation Dr. Chuck.

By Ajay K

Oct 26, 2019

It is nice course. I enjoyed learning this course. This course is very long duration but nice.

By Judith P

Mar 16, 2016

Very informative course if you want to learn the basics of internet technology and security.

By yassine m

Aug 18, 2015

I recommand this Course for any one who want to know the history of Internet and technology.

By Aadster

Aug 17, 2021

Great content, but the subtitles have many errors and can speed up in front of the video.

By Kausik D

May 6, 2018

A great course to have general overview and understanding of Internet and its security.

By Chad L

Oct 15, 2015

Absolutely love this course, I remember when the internet was becoming a big thing.

By KAIMAL S S

Aug 8, 2020

Best course. But could have shown more details in application and transport layer

By Paula S

Nov 16, 2015

I strongly recommend this course, it is very well explained. very engaging.

By Jos F

Sep 2, 2015

Nice course,

good video's

ive been int he IT since 84 and seen most of it...

By 2k15se03 A k

May 3, 2020

i love this course and now i know something about computer network .

By abhinav n

Feb 9, 2016

Learnt a lot of stuff and had a great time! thank you Dr.Chuck

By Koushik S

Mar 9, 2020

More focus on Internet Security would have been better.

By Mariam G

Feb 27, 2018

A great course provided by an incredible instructor.

By Octavian C

Nov 16, 2015

The course is very interesting, even for IT pros.

By bhupesa p

Apr 29, 2020

This course clear the and understand the basics.

By Mathurshan V

Oct 7, 2015

Good stuff. Informative overview and fun teacher