Back to Internet History, Technology, and Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Internet History, Technology, and Security by University of Michigan

The impact of technology and networks on our lives, culture, and society continues to increase. The very fact that you can take this course from anywhere in the world requires a technological infrastructure that was designed, engineered, and built over the past sixty years. To function in an information-centric world, we need to understand the workings of network technology. This course will open up the Internet and show you how it was created, who created it and how it works. Along the way we will meet many of the innovators who developed the Internet and Web technologies that we use today. What You Will Learn: After this course you will not take the Internet and Web for granted. You will be better informed about important technological issues currently facing society. You will realize that the Internet and Web are spaces for innovation and you will get a better understanding of how you might fit into that innovation. If you get excited about the material in this course, it is a great lead-in to taking a course in Web design, Web development, programming, or even network administration. At a minimum, you will be a much wiser network citizen....

TR
Aug 11, 2020

This course was awesome. A combination of the history, sociology and practical architectural / implementation elements of modern digital and internet technology. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks Chuck!

SB
Jan 6, 2016

This is an extremely important course. I would love to see it taught in high schools or in the first year of university. We should all understand how the Internet was developed and how it functions.

226 - 250 of 612 Reviews for Internet History, Technology, and Security

By Olli O

Dec 27, 2018

Extremely educational course on the foundations, history and core principles of the Internet!

By Tiago D

Jan 2, 2016

Great course with a great teacher! I recommend it for people that like Networks and Security!

By Martyn J

Oct 4, 2015

Great course and great tutor. Provides with great background to Internet history and present.

By Justin C

Aug 13, 2017

Interesting course that introduces you to 'what's under the hood' of how the internet works.

By Sarah G

Aug 30, 2015

Very interesting content, good level of difficulty each week, and very entertaining teacher!

By Michał K

Jan 31, 2016

Dr. Chuck is awesome. He makes that hard and difficult technical stuff really recognisable.

By Grant W

Aug 14, 2015

Learned more than I had expected to and didn't have to pay a dime. I love Coursera. Thanks!

By Steve B

Nov 11, 2015

Very Interesting. Learnt a lot.

Enjoyed the interviews with central characters to the story

By Claudia F G

Aug 29, 2015

Professor Charles Severance is very clear on his lectures, making this a wonderful course!

By Adith R K

May 9, 2020

Really good course with good content. Thanks to Dr.Chuck for this amazzing online course.

By Youssef A R

Apr 24, 2017

Very nice and exciting course. The security part is very important and promising. Thanks.

By Akshat A

Dec 13, 2015

Great course . Very Informative. Provides a great in depth understanding of the Internet.

By HÜSEYİN T

Aug 8, 2015

This has been a very useful course for me so thank you for providing such an opportunity.

By Vasileios K

Apr 8, 2017

Very informative course that explains how a lot of the things we see today were created.

By Hsiao-Wen C

Apr 2, 2017

I really appreciate Dr Chuck using the creative way to teach us the history of internet.

By Ihor B

Nov 1, 2015

Thank you for the course. Very informative. It was the first time I finished the course.

By Sachin K

Feb 7, 2019

This course is too good recommended for the students those are interested in Internet.

By Karl T

Dec 8, 2015

great use of the online media for teaching. I felt like I was in the class with Chuck!

By LAURENT P A

Aug 20, 2015

Really interesting to get the information directly from the people who invented it all!

By Amedly B

Sep 21, 2020

The Professor kept me engaged throughout the lessons. Great for an introductory class.

By SHIBISH.K.T.P.

Aug 12, 2020

wonderful course and it gave me to learn a lot of technical stuffs in a simple way!!!

By Elio A L R

Nov 7, 2016

Very good and a must for all the people interested on IT and Telecommunications field!

By John S

Sep 23, 2015

Great mix of video's from first-hand experts; white-boarding and lecture. Well done!

By Pietro T S

Jan 30, 2017

Great course, amazing teacher and a walk through history of internet. 100% recommend

By David M

Nov 3, 2015

Really enjoyable and makes you appreciate how far we have come in such a short time.