Back to Internet History, Technology, and Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Internet History, Technology, and Security by University of Michigan

The impact of technology and networks on our lives, culture, and society continues to increase. The very fact that you can take this course from anywhere in the world requires a technological infrastructure that was designed, engineered, and built over the past sixty years. To function in an information-centric world, we need to understand the workings of network technology. This course will open up the Internet and show you how it was created, who created it and how it works. Along the way we will meet many of the innovators who developed the Internet and Web technologies that we use today. What You Will Learn: After this course you will not take the Internet and Web for granted. You will be better informed about important technological issues currently facing society. You will realize that the Internet and Web are spaces for innovation and you will get a better understanding of how you might fit into that innovation. If you get excited about the material in this course, it is a great lead-in to taking a course in Web design, Web development, programming, or even network administration. At a minimum, you will be a much wiser network citizen....

TR

Aug 11, 2020

This course was awesome. A combination of the history, sociology and practical architectural / implementation elements of modern digital and internet technology. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks Chuck!

SB

Jan 6, 2016

This is an extremely important course. I would love to see it taught in high schools or in the first year of university. We should all understand how the Internet was developed and how it functions.

251 - 275 of 643 Reviews for Internet History, Technology, and Security

By Vasileios K

Apr 8, 2017

Very informative course that explains how a lot of the things we see today were created.

By Hsiao-Wen C

Apr 2, 2017

I really appreciate Dr Chuck using the creative way to teach us the history of internet.

By Ihor B

Nov 1, 2015

Thank you for the course. Very informative. It was the first time I finished the course.

By Sachin K

Feb 7, 2019

This course is too good recommended for the students those are interested in Internet.

By Karl T

Dec 8, 2015

great use of the online media for teaching. I felt like I was in the class with Chuck!

By LAURENT P A

Aug 20, 2015

Really interesting to get the information directly from the people who invented it all!

By Amedly B

Sep 21, 2020

The Professor kept me engaged throughout the lessons. Great for an introductory class.

By SHIBISH.K.T.P.

Aug 12, 2020

wonderful course and it gave me to learn a lot of technical stuffs in a simple way!!!

By Elio A L R

Nov 7, 2016

Very good and a must for all the people interested on IT and Telecommunications field!

By John S

Sep 23, 2015

Great mix of video's from first-hand experts; white-boarding and lecture. Well done!

By Pietro T S

Jan 30, 2017

Great course, amazing teacher and a walk through history of internet. 100% recommend

By David M

Nov 3, 2015

Really enjoyable and makes you appreciate how far we have come in such a short time.

By Mohamed A E

Nov 22, 2017

it was a very helpful course for understanding how internet work and basic security

By Itzbe R C

Feb 21, 2017

It is an excellent experience and it shows the effort of the teacher. Thanks a lot.

By Sokratis M

Oct 25, 2015

I am so excited about the course, i am sure since the week 1 that deserves 5 stars.

By Lucy H

Aug 15, 2015

Very interesting and a great start for learners with little knowledge of the field.

By Ilya K

Apr 6, 2020

A very engaging course that inspires correct thinking about technology innovation.

By Antonina P

May 1, 2018

Have learnt great deal of new things about technology that I use on a daily basis.

By vignaux

Jan 2, 2018

Basic but smart course to understand the web. Thanks Dr Chuck. Great great course.

By Maria K

Feb 9, 2017

Fascinating. I loved the interviews (pioneers that are now known to broad public).

By José A N M

Sep 18, 2015

This course should DEFINITELY offer an Statement of Accomplishment! It's awesome!!

By Brad B

Aug 6, 2015

Great course for any skill level wanting to learn more about tech and it's history

By Ankit G

Oct 14, 2017

IT is very good course. Question related to this course was good and informative.

By Carlos G D B

Aug 29, 2016

Excellent course

All networking professionals should take this course once in life

By Nimra.

Dec 2, 2015

This is brilliant lecture i have ever had. Glad to be the learner of this lesson.