Back to Introduction to Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cyber Attacks by New York University

This course provides learners with a baseline understanding of common cyber security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks. An overview of how basic cyber attacks are constructed and applied to real systems is also included. Examples include simple Unix kernel hacks, Internet worms, and Trojan horses in software utilities. Network attacks such as distributed denial of service (DDOS) and botnet- attacks are also described and illustrated using real examples from the past couple of decades. Familiar analytic models are outlined such as the confidentiality/integrity/availability (CIA) security threat framework, and examples are used to illustrate how these different types of threats can degrade real assets. The course also includes an introduction to basic cyber security risk analysis, with an overview of how threat-asset matrices can be used to prioritize risk decisions. Threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks are examined and mapped in the context of system security engineering methodologies....

HI
Mar 3, 2020

I'm so glad I could complete this course as I look forward to continuing other courses on Cyber attacks. Its been helpful as it gave me the background knowledge as to what is needed in Cyber Security.

PH
Jun 27, 2020

Ed is a very engaging instructor and tries to make the content applicable and understandable. I would recommend this course for anyone who is looking for an introduction to the world of cybersecurity!

476 - 488 of 488 Reviews for Introduction to Cyber Attacks

By saurav k

May 7, 2021

yhfdzcxz

By Yaki M

Aug 10, 2020

I gave it only two stars because of the exams- especially the final exam:

The exams did not contribute to understanding the subject and the final exam is a total BS. Judging from the forum- I am not the only one with that comment.

The course itself is good & informative. I specially liked the fact Dr. Edward stands and talk and not just presents PowerPoint slides.

By Manfred K

May 22, 2021

The tools and techniques in this course were good, but there were misspellings, broken links, and fairly old videos. I feel that no one is really monitoring and updating this content. I am a little upset to pay for a course that is not well maintained. Doubt I would recommend.

By Tarun G

Dec 5, 2018

The content this course has provided me regarding cyber security is very less.The course on cyber security in according to my point of view has to very elaborated and theoretical.Many concepts are like which is not taught properly or we can say in complete depth.

By Thalia H

Aug 13, 2020

you need extra books with this course since they are referred to many times.

By Viva B

Mar 23, 2021

No practical just theory

By Tracy S

Jan 12, 2021

This rating is really for Coursera and not for this particular course. Unfortunately, I can find no mechanism on the site where I can leave feedback for Coursera itself. The only place I see to leave feedback is here, so this will have to do.

I signed up for this course to show a friend how to do it. When I came back a couple of days later to unenroll, I can't. I can get to the screen that has the button to unenroll but when I click that button, nothing happens except the button briefly highlights. I tried in two different browsers with the same result. I'm able to click the "Cancel" button, I'm able to click to leave this rating, but I'm unable to unenroll from the course.

So, one star. My apologies to New York University and the instructors.

By Igor C

Not for beginners. You need to be aware of coding and programming Poor videos, quite short, unimaginative and unhelpful. Suggested material leads you to Amazon to buy the books.

By Bud A

As a beginner, I was hoping to get an overview of this field - I found this course to be full of jargon and word trickery.

By Faith W M

Sep 4, 2020

This Course seemed different from other cybersecurity courses i have tried learning.

By Heto E