Back to Introduction to Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cyber Attacks by New York University

This course provides learners with a baseline understanding of common cyber security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks. An overview of how basic cyber attacks are constructed and applied to real systems is also included. Examples include simple Unix kernel hacks, Internet worms, and Trojan horses in software utilities. Network attacks such as distributed denial of service (DDOS) and botnet- attacks are also described and illustrated using real examples from the past couple of decades. Familiar analytic models are outlined such as the confidentiality/integrity/availability (CIA) security threat framework, and examples are used to illustrate how these different types of threats can degrade real assets. The course also includes an introduction to basic cyber security risk analysis, with an overview of how threat-asset matrices can be used to prioritize risk decisions. Threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks are examined and mapped in the context of system security engineering methodologies....

PH
Jun 27, 2020

Ed is a very engaging instructor and tries to make the content applicable and understandable. I would recommend this course for anyone who is looking for an introduction to the world of cybersecurity!

HI
Mar 3, 2020

I'm so glad I could complete this course as I look forward to continuing other courses on Cyber attacks. Its been helpful as it gave me the background knowledge as to what is needed in Cyber Security.

76 - 100 of 466 Reviews for Introduction to Cyber Attacks

By Sandaï P

Dec 25, 2019

I am just starting in cyber and I am very happy to have start with this module.

The approach in cyber is so easy and full with understandable exemple that even I can make sense out of it. I was also able to identify what I need to learn and improve before going further in cyber.

By Donald B

Oct 1, 2018

This course was very good for an introductory into the Cyber Security field. Although I already have 3 years of experience I definitely learned something each week. I love the training style of the professor and will continue the 4-course specialization program.

By Nikola A

Jun 20, 2018

Great course, thank you!One thing that could be improved is the course material, in the sense that I found some of the papers area a bit too technical for starting into the topic. Also a videos and tasks on fundamentals on IP protocolls etc. could be helpful.

By Ronnie L P S

Jul 10, 2019

Great course and outstanding instructor. I need some additional studying on Risk Management and Cyber Security. So, I will continue with this course. My be at the end of the course, I will have a better understanding of Cyber-security and Risk Management.

By DarkHeroO

Aug 17, 2020

This course is great. It explains the basics of Cyber Security to beginners. I knew some of the things and some other things I didn't even know they existed, so this course has helped me a lot into learning different types of things in Cyber Security.

By Alexandre G

Aug 20, 2018

The course change my view of security, before the course i thougth that this topic was only to hackers and super inteligente people, but the course show a structured way to prevent cyber attacks that anyone with enough interest can follow.

By Brendon K

Aug 8, 2020

VERY great instructor, kept me wanting to listen to the lectures because of how engaging the virtual classroom felt compared to other instructors. learned a lot, gained a lot. thank you for helping me jumpstart my own path in tech :)

By Joel K A

Aug 6, 2019

I found this course to be a solid introduction to Cybersecurity. It has really shaped my view and understanding of cyber. It really takes more than penetration testing to understand what cybersecurity is all about. Thank you.

By Tony S

Feb 17, 2020

This course is amazing, it provides a very good intellectual and practical foundation for cybersecurity and cyber attacks, as well as useful interviews so that we get an insider perspective of those working in the industry.

By Chris W

Oct 28, 2018

Excellent introduction comprising theoretical as well as practical elements. I do recommend it for anybody interested in learning about cyber security in general as well as cyber attacks and risk assessments in particular.

By Victor M

I've enjoyed a lot this course. The way the teacher explains the different concepts is very clear and easy to follow. Also, i've learned how to approach a security analysis in an enterprise. Recommended course, indeed.

By Zoleka M

Apr 5, 2018

Course was well presented , simplified for clear understanding, i enjoyed the examples used in topics and the interviews and extra reading given,it gave clear definition and extra explanation of what was thought.

By Antonios S

May 6, 2018

what an amazing professor. fantastic rhetoric that streams from solid theoritical and practical experiences.in all my academic carreer i hardly came across someone who could deliver such a learning experience.

By jeff

Dec 22, 2018

Provided a great foundation to what cyber attacks are and the different ways to assess and manage the risk associated to such attacks. I look forward to the next courses to complete the specialization.

By Spencer B

Feb 21, 2021

Great course, I really enjoyed the teacher and the assigned materials. I had no idea about cybersecurity before starting and it was very informative and the graded quizzes helped cement the ideas.

By Alfiana E S

Oct 31, 2020

Good introduction for someone that are new to cyber security to look fundamental aspect of cyber security itself which provide high level understanding rather than dive into technical details.

By Ralph-Oliver K

Apr 10, 2020

This course was given by a very strong presenter. :-) The content and the time required for the course were well balanced. I esp. liked the supportive material, e.g. the links to TED Talks.

By Luis A C B

Jul 30, 2020

El curso de introducción ha sido realmente excelente, me ha gustado porque me ha permitido abrirme el panorama respecto a la seguridad cibernetica que hoy en día estamos expuestos todos.

By Isha J

Sep 21, 2019

The course is exceptionally well structured and taught. Ed sir is such a good teacher who made learning fun. I am looking forward to the next course in this Specialisation. Thank you !

By SWARAJ S D

Apr 24, 2018

its a awesome course.it fills us with knowledge and also spread awareness about different types of cyber attacks and how to prevent ourselves. it also adds my skills list to my resume.

By Robera W

Dec 16, 2019

It was a really good introductory course. I have had a great insight into the cybersecurity field and also to the business side of cybersecurity. And Ed is a really great instructor

By Aaron M

May 1, 2020

Brilliant course! The instructor is authentic,very funny and he absolutly knows what he is talking about. That's a good combination to get a full understanding of this course.

By Thomas C

Dec 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this my first course on Cyber Security. Thank you Ed. for a very engaging course. I now look forward to continuing to the next course in the specialisation.

By Dzaharudin B M

This was a great introduction that helped put a structure to my general understanding of cybersecurity and how to address this key challenge in an increasingly digital world.

By Гавриш Б

May 20, 2018

Ed Amoroso's approach to educational process is fascinating! The course is brilliant. Highly recommended to everyone intrested in both fundamental and applied cyber security.