Back to Introduction to Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cyber Attacks by New York University

This course provides learners with a baseline understanding of common cyber security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks. An overview of how basic cyber attacks are constructed and applied to real systems is also included. Examples include simple Unix kernel hacks, Internet worms, and Trojan horses in software utilities. Network attacks such as distributed denial of service (DDOS) and botnet- attacks are also described and illustrated using real examples from the past couple of decades. Familiar analytic models are outlined such as the confidentiality/integrity/availability (CIA) security threat framework, and examples are used to illustrate how these different types of threats can degrade real assets. The course also includes an introduction to basic cyber security risk analysis, with an overview of how threat-asset matrices can be used to prioritize risk decisions. Threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks are examined and mapped in the context of system security engineering methodologies....

PH
Jun 27, 2020

Ed is a very engaging instructor and tries to make the content applicable and understandable. I would recommend this course for anyone who is looking for an introduction to the world of cybersecurity!

HI
Mar 3, 2020

I'm so glad I could complete this course as I look forward to continuing other courses on Cyber attacks. Its been helpful as it gave me the background knowledge as to what is needed in Cyber Security.

76 - 100 of 488 Reviews for Introduction to Cyber Attacks

By Ahmad B

Oct 4, 2020

I really enjoyed studying this course, and I like Edward Amaroso's way of teaching. I'm looking further to studying more cybersecurity courses with him.

I know I didn't enroll to just talk about management and matrices, but Dr. Amaroso made it fun.

I have nothing I'd like to add in the course, its perfect.

By Francesco C

Dec 19, 2020

Edward is a incredible trainer; his course is engaging, the material presented is accurate, sometimes not up to date but still great to increase your security knowledge. The course and the suggested ebook provides you a good deal of information to build a security assessment for an organization.

By Atharva H

Oct 14, 2020

Very helpful and informative course. It teaches you how to assess the threats and find the risk of any system in real life situations. It has a great base and eases you into the world of cyber security.

I personally loved the instructor Ed Amoroso and enjoyed his style of teaching very much.

By Noubar F

Dec 27, 2020

Despite I am new in learning cyber security, this course specially through the videos, helped me to get the informations needed to start exploring system security, cyber security and etc, and will proceed with the learnings, to know about softwares, cryptography ... Thank you so much

By Alfredo J L H

May 3, 2018

Maravilloso, Curso me encanto el enfoque y la temática, mas que técnica permite entender la dinámica en la vida real de como se realiza un análisis de riesgo de seguridad y gestión de los riesgos de seguridad. Excelente Curso, mis felicitaciones al Profesor Amoroso y todo su equipo.

By Sandaï P

Dec 25, 2019

I am just starting in cyber and I am very happy to have start with this module.

The approach in cyber is so easy and full with understandable exemple that even I can make sense out of it. I was also able to identify what I need to learn and improve before going further in cyber.

By Donald B

Oct 1, 2018

This course was very good for an introductory into the Cyber Security field. Although I already have 3 years of experience I definitely learned something each week. I love the training style of the professor and will continue the 4-course specialization program.

By Nikola A

Jun 20, 2018

Great course, thank you!One thing that could be improved is the course material, in the sense that I found some of the papers area a bit too technical for starting into the topic. Also a videos and tasks on fundamentals on IP protocolls etc. could be helpful.

By Ronnie P

Jul 10, 2019

Great course and outstanding instructor. I need some additional studying on Risk Management and Cyber Security. So, I will continue with this course. My be at the end of the course, I will have a better understanding of Cyber-security and Risk Management.

By DarkHeroO

Aug 17, 2020

This course is great. It explains the basics of Cyber Security to beginners. I knew some of the things and some other things I didn't even know they existed, so this course has helped me a lot into learning different types of things in Cyber Security.

By Alexandre G

Aug 20, 2018

The course change my view of security, before the course i thougth that this topic was only to hackers and super inteligente people, but the course show a structured way to prevent cyber attacks that anyone with enough interest can follow.

By Brendon K

Aug 8, 2020

VERY great instructor, kept me wanting to listen to the lectures because of how engaging the virtual classroom felt compared to other instructors. learned a lot, gained a lot. thank you for helping me jumpstart my own path in tech :)

By Joel K A

Aug 6, 2019

I found this course to be a solid introduction to Cybersecurity. It has really shaped my view and understanding of cyber. It really takes more than penetration testing to understand what cybersecurity is all about. Thank you.

By Mónico B

Apr 20, 2021

As a Cyber Security learner I liked this course. Because Its content gives me the big picture related with the Cyber Security and the CIA model to try to reduce the cyber treats in any company. Thanks Edward Great course !

By Tony S

Feb 17, 2020

This course is amazing, it provides a very good intellectual and practical foundation for cybersecurity and cyber attacks, as well as useful interviews so that we get an insider perspective of those working in the industry.

By Chris W

Oct 28, 2018

Excellent introduction comprising theoretical as well as practical elements. I do recommend it for anybody interested in learning about cyber security in general as well as cyber attacks and risk assessments in particular.

By Rosario C

Apr 10, 2021

Making this course was a very beautiful and significant experience. With the simultaneous, the sympathy and humilta of Dr. Edward amorously comes easily incorporated. I am honored to have participated in this NYU course

By Victor M

I've enjoyed a lot this course. The way the teacher explains the different concepts is very clear and easy to follow. Also, i've learned how to approach a security analysis in an enterprise. Recommended course, indeed.

By Zoleka M

Apr 5, 2018

Course was well presented , simplified for clear understanding, i enjoyed the examples used in topics and the interviews and extra reading given,it gave clear definition and extra explanation of what was thought.

By Antonios S

May 6, 2018

what an amazing professor. fantastic rhetoric that streams from solid theoritical and practical experiences.in all my academic carreer i hardly came across someone who could deliver such a learning experience.

By jeff

Dec 22, 2018

Provided a great foundation to what cyber attacks are and the different ways to assess and manage the risk associated to such attacks. I look forward to the next courses to complete the specialization.

By Maureen W

Apr 14, 2021

The Instructor was Incredibly knowledgable, and the videos were excellent. I was able to understand what he was talking about given my very little knowledge of cyber security prior to this course.

By Alfiana E S

Oct 31, 2020

Good introduction for someone that are new to cyber security to look fundamental aspect of cyber security itself which provide high level understanding rather than dive into technical details.

By Ralph-Oliver K

Apr 10, 2020

This course was given by a very strong presenter. :-) The content and the time required for the course were well balanced. I esp. liked the supportive material, e.g. the links to TED Talks.

By Luis A C B

Jul 30, 2020

El curso de introducción ha sido realmente excelente, me ha gustado porque me ha permitido abrirme el panorama respecto a la seguridad cibernetica que hoy en día estamos expuestos todos.