Back to Introduction to Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cyber Attacks by New York University

This course provides learners with a baseline understanding of common cyber security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks. An overview of how basic cyber attacks are constructed and applied to real systems is also included. Examples include simple Unix kernel hacks, Internet worms, and Trojan horses in software utilities. Network attacks such as distributed denial of service (DDOS) and botnet- attacks are also described and illustrated using real examples from the past couple of decades. Familiar analytic models are outlined such as the confidentiality/integrity/availability (CIA) security threat framework, and examples are used to illustrate how these different types of threats can degrade real assets. The course also includes an introduction to basic cyber security risk analysis, with an overview of how threat-asset matrices can be used to prioritize risk decisions. Threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks are examined and mapped in the context of system security engineering methodologies....

HI
Mar 3, 2020

I'm so glad I could complete this course as I look forward to continuing other courses on Cyber attacks. Its been helpful as it gave me the background knowledge as to what is needed in Cyber Security.

PH
Jun 27, 2020

Ed is a very engaging instructor and tries to make the content applicable and understandable. I would recommend this course for anyone who is looking for an introduction to the world of cybersecurity!

101 - 125 of 488 Reviews for Introduction to Cyber Attacks

By Isha J

Sep 21, 2019

The course is exceptionally well structured and taught. Ed sir is such a good teacher who made learning fun. I am looking forward to the next course in this Specialisation. Thank you !

By SWARAJ S D

Apr 24, 2018

its a awesome course.it fills us with knowledge and also spread awareness about different types of cyber attacks and how to prevent ourselves. it also adds my skills list to my resume.

By Robera W

Dec 16, 2019

It was a really good introductory course. I have had a great insight into the cybersecurity field and also to the business side of cybersecurity. And Ed is a really great instructor

By Aaron M

May 1, 2020

Brilliant course! The instructor is authentic,very funny and he absolutly knows what he is talking about. That's a good combination to get a full understanding of this course.

By Thomas C

Dec 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this my first course on Cyber Security. Thank you Ed. for a very engaging course. I now look forward to continuing to the next course in the specialisation.

By Dzaharudin B M

This was a great introduction that helped put a structure to my general understanding of cybersecurity and how to address this key challenge in an increasingly digital world.

By Алексей И

May 20, 2018

Ed Amoroso's approach to educational process is fascinating! The course is brilliant. Highly recommended to everyone intrested in both fundamental and applied cyber security.

By RAGHAVENDRA N V

Jun 20, 2020

It was a great course to begin with.Only the last assignment which is project I was not satisfied with the grading for the test as answers may vary as per students thinking.

By Vasudharini M R

Jun 5, 2019

Great Course! I really liked the fact that instead of long videos, there are shorter but many videos. It doesn't make one feel exhausted after watching it. Thank You Dr. Ed!

By Michał M

Jan 2, 2021

I must say I love this course and I love Dr. Amaroso and his ability to explain the topic, to keep my attention and inspire me to learn more Cyber Security. Kudos!

By CARLOS A D L

Apr 5, 2019

This course brought me new light about cybersecurity. Although a beginner level, for me it was a little bit hard, but I loved it. I will keep studying the subject.

By Debangshu S

Jun 23, 2018

This course is one of the best Introductory courses for Cyber Security. Mr Amorosso is always captivating and his style of teaching is amazing and highly engaging.

By Madhav M

Mar 23, 2019

Awesome and informative course to get started with the basics of Network Security, concepts are taught in simplest way possible and with good real life examples.

By Esteban J E

Nov 2, 2018

Very good introductory course for cybersecurity. The explanations provided by professor Amoroso were very clear and with a very practical view. 100% recommended

By Ekoja J

Jan 12, 2021

This course is awesome and powerfully presented. Ive learnt a lot and look forward to doing more and learning more. Coursera the best platform to learn online.

By Ryan B

Jun 24, 2018

Great course - I love the instructor, he is extremely knowledgable, very interesting and engaging, and makes the course fun and relevant. Absolutely recommend!

By Luis J R L

May 7, 2018

Hello, my name is Jonathan Ramos from Colombia. the course was very interesting but it would be good if it were in Spanish or subtitles in Spanish. Thank you

By Diogenes A X S P

Dec 27, 2017

This course is very informative to Cyber security experts and practitioners. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in cyber security. Great job!

By Mateus N

Aug 8, 2020

The instructor is very good, has great teaching and a lot of experience. He explains complex concepts step by step, making the subject easy to understand.

By Francesco B

Jan 7, 2020

Very interesting course, the approach on cybersecurity is very professional and complete.

Dr. Amoroso explain very well and his speaking is clear.

By Asha A K

Oct 28, 2019

ED is a superb mentor I just loved watching and listening to him.the concepts and examples from real life are really helpful and knowledgeable.

By Brian D

Oct 14, 2020

Great Course - Dr. Edward G. Amoroso is an excellent lecturer, and I will complete the rest of his courses in this field of study on Coursera.

By Jo A P M

Jul 2, 2020

Thank you Dr. Amoroso,

For explaining the course in a way that someone without any IT experience at all, could grasp and still follow along. :)

By David G

Dec 18, 2017

Very instructive and explained in a clear and easy way. Ed, the lecturer is funny, professional and explains things very nicely. I recommand!

By Ree A

Jan 21, 2021

this course gave me an amazing trip over cyber security as well as new york university big thanks to all. i rate this course a solid 10\10