Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

MT

Jun 04, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

ED

Apr 05, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

651 - 675 of 686 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Onyekachi A

May 06, 2020

it's a great course, had fun and learnt a lot

By Mboungou, P D M

Sep 06, 2015

I enjoy the Course :) and i learn new things.

By Akshay P

course content and everything was great!!!

By SUNNY K

Jun 18, 2020

Learn alot have a great experience!

By Zeeshan A R

Mar 27, 2020

Very Good keep up the good work!

By shubham s

Sep 18, 2018

Love the way they taught me

By Ahmed K

Aug 20, 2020

perfect

By kayvan K F

Aug 30, 2016

good

By Rendra P

Apr 02, 2016

good

By Tauha I

Apr 30, 2020

By Kristine R

Sep 22, 2020

A very interesting and interactive course with helpful quizzes and questions throughout the modules. The two project assignments were really fun to try out, especially the game assignment. I do see the pratical benefits of students reviewing eachothers projects as this would be an impossible task for staff to undertake (lectures not given in real time, no funding for this, etc) but I have a gard time accepting that peers don’t give honest reviews and don’t take the time to double check your code or try out different results in your assignments. If the dishonest reviews are based on hasty half heartened tries or just due to a lack of understanding the English language and the instructions given, I don’t know, but it bothers me that other people’s lack of engagement is what determines your final grade. As for the programming language; Scratch is not something to rely on if you’re Interested in pursuing a career within programming.

By Shashank K S

Apr 30, 2020

This course is ok but it is not providing any certificate .I think certificates motivates us to achieve our goals.It gives courage that Yes!!we have completed this course

But you are not providing us a certificate 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

But we are happy that we have learnt a lot. We will be happier to receive your certificate.

By David S

Sep 02, 2020

This course covered the basics of computer programming and software engineering. Though it use scratch desktop as it programming tool, knowledge from this course can be applied in any other programming language with regards to the approaches to designing a program.

By Brieuc A

Jun 21, 2019

Very clear, easy to understand, and taught with a lot of good humour. A warning, however: if you are serious about programming and want to learn a lot in a short time span, this course will be much too light and superficial for you.

By Sara R

Jul 17, 2020

This course was nice but too childish for my tastes, I could not focus during the lessons, although it is very simple and well-structured.

By Wendy E

Sep 14, 2015

Intresting sinds my volunteering job with Coderdojo Belgium and my teaching job in 8th grade. I only expected more excercices.

By Okoh O S

Apr 28, 2020

Good course. Recommended for those integrated in creating games and and other animations projects.

By Muhammad T S

Oct 03, 2016

This Course is very Good For Children.

By Michael D

Mar 20, 2017

Videos took to long. and uh fnck y=u