Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

ED

Apr 05, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

MT

Jun 04, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

126 - 150 of 665 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By abdulrahman h

Jul 05, 2020

this is the best course i have entered yet! it is really simple and fun, i like how creative and simple scratch is.. i would like to thank all the team for the hard work they did.

By Riya D

Dec 27, 2019

It’s a great course for those who want to start learning coding. Coding terminologies and the basics are all taught in a period of 5 weeks and it’s been a really great experience.

By Kaisa V

May 31, 2018

So easy to understand, wonderful teachers, and excellent video quality. Never struggled to understand the concepts presented even though I knew nothing about computer programming!

By Satyajeet M

May 16, 2020

Very good course , I would say the best for anyone to start programming and very good teachers that emphasized the correct points. I am very grateful to have taken this course

By Zvinodashe M

Mar 15, 2017

A brilliant course that is fun, engaging, thorough and well presented. This course must be made a must for newbies wanting to do computer science and programming related topics.

By Awushie D

Oct 27, 2016

This course is so good, I enjoyed every moment of it and learnt so much. What excites me most is how I can make a start button to start a program, I am thrilled beyond words.

By János A P

May 03, 2020

Hi Areti, you were a motivation and a light during this course. Your positivity shines through the laptop screens. Thank you very much. You are an inspiration. Cheers, Janos

By Josue A G

This is a great course for beginners trying to learn how to code and understanding the basics. I am very satisfied with the lessons and weekly dynamics.

Great work Coursera!

By Priyankar D

I had a lot of fun with this course. A simple game can be created with the help of coded blocks through scratch. I was able to make a simple game at the end of this course.

By Victor H O P

Dec 11, 2015

Muy bien explicado y contenido fácil de entender y comprender, aparte de ser muy ameno y divertido, es genial para los que apenas inician con los conceptos de programación.

By Komal K

Jun 01, 2020

I loved to learn about this game..it was really very good to know about the game that how to create the game project. This is so useful for me.thank you so much Coursera.

By Voldemort L

Jul 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor Manataki explains everything very clearly and thoroughly. I have gained far more knowledge in programming than what I had before.

By Aryan P

Jun 29, 2020

this course is good for beginners like me and in the course, they show how to use Scratch. I used Scratch in India, where I was born. I love this program and the course.

By Noga C

Jun 27, 2017

Wonderful course. Very well built with clear and detailed explanations. The tests and assignments are very good for practicing and ensure you understand what was taught.

By natalia l

Sep 15, 2015

Excellent course! I've just finished it in this week and I'm very happy for it. Was a good experience. I'll continue to study programming because I think it so exciting.

By Sujaree W

I get to learn basic elements of programming and coding in an easy way, along with real projects to test my knowledge and further my understanding. I enjoy it very much

By Mohammad S S

Jul 29, 2020

Great course for learning basic programming in Scratch. Youngers can get better experience of programming through this course. I wish, it will help me a lot in future.

By Kritika S

Aug 15, 2020

Instructor is doing super awesome job. It was fun taking this course. And I am grateful to my peers for giving encouraging and constructive remarks. Thanks Coursera!!

By Kenxin A M

This course makes me can code a simple game in scratch like kinda of broom vs zombies or spaceship games. Amazing for Edinburgh University and it's partner university

By Rebecca

Sep 07, 2016

I loved this course. It taught me how to use this program and I am now able to work with my students at the library to run a robot program that is similar to Scratch.

By Clare B

May 29, 2018

It's very well structured to build up to the final project. It's easy to understand and enjoyable to do at your own speed. The video tutorials are very informative.

By Michael N A

Aug 26, 2020

A great starter for coding languages, python in particular. The instruction was well organized and very fluid. This made coding easy for me and I highly recommend!

By Yang Y

Jul 02, 2017

The course was great! It is fun and easy to understand. It demonstrated clearly about some concepts which I confused for years, such as events, module and so on.

By Pilailuck P

Pretty good course. The projects are really interesting. Even though I have some basic of using Scratch, I still got plenty of new knowledge. Thank you very much.

By Jefferson I C

Oct 09, 2015

Congratulations to teacher Areti for being so sweet, efficient and nice. Thanks to teacher Inés for the interesting interviews.

Jefferson Ivan Corrêa