Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

ED

Apr 05, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

MT

Jun 04, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

76 - 100 of 577 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Nora S

Sep 07, 2015

Having no experience with programming, this course was perfect for the beginner. It was just the right mix of information of why and how coding works accompanied by hands-on creating in a coding platform. I really enjoyed this class.

By Huangkaixin

Oct 13, 2015

The teacher is very good at explaining those difficult ideas and thought in coding and algorithm.

I have really acquired a lot from this interesting lesson.

It's creative,vivid and attractive.

Besides,scratch is a cute tool for coding.

By Sharon R B

Aug 17, 2018

I love everything about this the course and I an excited to start my new project on my own Areti and Ines making it very interested and fun to learn. A big thank you to all those who participate and made this course possible...

By Gianluca L B

Jun 18, 2020

An amazing course to start programming. The Scratch tool is easy to use and the extra videos are amazing resource to understand programming from the point of view of experts and other students who use it in their everyday life.

By Alyssa V

Jul 01, 2017

This is such a great way to learn about programming in a meaningful way. Scratch is so fun to play with, but the things you'll learn will be useful if you decide to continue learning more complex programming languages later on.

By Loralie C

Jun 21, 2020

The course has the right balance of being entertaining and challenging, the lessons were easy to follow. I really enjoyed learning the basic principles on game design, and the bonus interviews were relevant to the course.

By Divya R

Jan 11, 2017

It was an amazing experience with the course instructor, Areti. Though I was not a novice in programming, it helped me learn the ways how beginners should be introduced to coding. Thanks to the team for the good work.

By Nicolás R G V

Jan 08, 2018

Really fun and interesting way of dwelling intro game and animation programming. I was surprised at the end to see the utility this will actually have in my forwarding learning path. I highly recommend it to anyone.

By Joshua G

Excellent class for beginners who are just learning how to code! You will learn how programs are built and how they function, as well as, how the different components of the program communicate with one another!

By Yuvraj S

May 14, 2020

Thanks for Teaching Coding in the easiest and most friendly way possible ,also I would like to personally thanks the creators and educators of the project for providing it free,Lots of Love From a kid from INDIA

By Russell C

May 06, 2020

It was a really good course, the right level of difficulty for a beginner and presented in a fun and engaging way. It gets you thinking about the processes involved in programming should you wish to learn more.

By Jaclyn A L

This was a very well organized course, and I truly enjoyed learning these skills and cannot wait to implement them, and continue to use Scratch and also go on to learn different coding language such as Python.

By Yannick M

Aug 19, 2015

What I like the most in this course was the simplicity. It is designed such that complete noobs (like myself) in software engineering can understand easily. There is also a good balance of theory and practice.

By Nilo

Aug 06, 2017

superb course I like this course sooo much ,I want to give a special thanks to my lecturer because in my view she is the greatest lecturer of all time I want to learn more courses from university of Edinburgh

By Paulo C M N

Jan 21, 2016

Quite liked the didactic way the course was presented, and its objectivity. Both the content for studies and activities were very well prepared, the teachers and all the staff are to be congratulated! Thanks,

By Zena M

Jun 12, 2020

As someone who has never programmed before, I was able to learn a lot from this course. I was very proud of myself after being able to program a game for the second assignment. This course was extremely fun!

By Fabio E S C

Thank you very much for this course! At 34years old, this is the first course on programming I completed. I definitely know that I can learn other programming languages because of this. Thank you very much!

By Charles R

Jun 14, 2020

It has been a really lovely few weeks learning through this course. I am now much more interested in pursuing more knowledge in this area. I will review this course and push on from here, ever-so-grateful!

By Rafaelle d A C

Oct 05, 2015

Excellent methodology and content to learn concepts of software engineering and how to program! Recommended to all who want initiating in programming and even to those who already build their own programs!

By Olfia R W

Nov 29, 2019

This course has helped me getting to know about fundamental things about programming in a fun and interesting way. Thank you for both lecturers and everyone behind the making of this course. I owe a lot.

By Nandivada P E

Apr 24, 2020

Excellent,we learned a lot from you,Dr.Areti mam.The way you taught really helped us to learn basics of programming and a new Programming language Scratch and also will be missing you Dr.Areti mam

By Cristian V

Apr 20, 2020

Thank you so much! It's a very good first approach to programming. The videos are simple and easy to follow and the tests are directly related with the contents. Congratulations and thanks again!

By esranur

Aug 15, 2019

it was a great lesson for me. I learned a lot of new things. Thaks to teachers ı can make some funny things with using scratch and thanks again to teachers ı want to learn more about programming.

By Daniel E A

Sep 20, 2017

Gostei tanto deste curso que é a terceira vez que o faço.

Me gusto tanto lo curso que me enrole nelo pela tercera viez

I'd like it so much I enroll in it for the third time.

Obrigado

Gracias

Thank's

By Manu T

Jun 03, 2020

This is an interesting course on the basics of programming.

I am 8 years old and could learn a lot about how programming works and the best practices to follow.

Thank you very much.