Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

MT
Jun 3, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

ED
Apr 4, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

101 - 125 of 874 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Elena P

Feb 3, 2017

Great course! I very loved this class, although I'm a working game designer. It was useful and gave me much fun and some new knowledges! Thank you very much! I hope, this course will be continued with new materials and more practical tasks and peer assignments.

By NIEL V

Mar 21, 2018

Dr. Manataki has an infections & articulate passion for computer science that translates to the Code Yourself Course. I consider myself lucky to have found this invaluable source of education that has jump started my career in OpsDev! Thank you Dr. Manataki.

By Gamini Y V V

Nov 30, 2020

I have liked this course a lot because it helped me to create my own game with the help of SCRATCH and even the lecture are very good. Thanks for offering this course free of cost. It really helped me a lot to create my own programs and programming game.

By Ng J

The course is well paced and simple to follow. The software Scratch looks simple and simplifies a lot of processes for building game or animation. It is a very good starting point for beginner and people wanting to know and learn more about programming.

By Anita N

Feb 15, 2021

This is a great course. Easy to follow and a positive experience for anyone new to programming. It really helps lay the foundations for not only computer programming but the principles can be applied to all facets of business and process management.

By Santi W

Jun 27, 2020

It is a great course, great teacher, great organizibg, and great contents - I have learnt more than what I expected. This is suitable for learner and teacher - you will get a lot of teahincal knowledge, ideas and initiatives from this course.

Santi

By Can D

Jul 27, 2020

This cours does what it says. It is a introduction to programming. A very positiv Women explains the fundamental aspects about programming, while creating games with a website called Scratch. It is really not hard, so everyone can do it easily.

By Jessica Y

Jul 12, 2020

Thank you COURSERA and Of course Ms. Areti and Ines!!! This course is very helpful for beginners like me. Hope many more will enjoy this course. I will definitely continue programming to scratch and learn other programming language!! THANK YOU!

By Timothy M

Sep 4, 2020

I already have some programming background (industrial ladder logic), and I wanted something to cover basic concepts about object-oriented programming in an easy-to-digest manner. It was a lot of fun and very instructive. Highly recommended!

By Adarsh K O R

Aug 16, 2020

I am student of grade 4 and was so happy to enroll in this course. This course was so fun and I think everybody should learn it. You should do more of these coursera courses for we kids, because we started to love coursera too. Regards, Adarsh

By James W

It's a good course to learn the basis of programming, the reasoning behind algorithms. I think this is aimed at a younger audience but even adults can find some fun in programming. This is a stepping stone into different languages hopefully.

By Noah A

Jul 29, 2020

I love this course so much. It's interesting, easy to learn and more practical. All scratch programs are well explained, backed with good examples and daily life application examples. It's really fun and great to participate in this course.

By Dave

Sep 30, 2017

As a software professional, I took this course to see how and what are they teaching now-a-days as "introduction to software". This Scratch course is indeed, excellent! I wish this is what they taught way back when I started software.

By Urik B d S

Oct 21, 2015

This course is a great opportunity to start in development area, adding concepts and terminologies that are used in routine work of a programmer. The methods, concepts and analogies are simple and useful. Congratulations to the tutors.

By adarsh j

Sep 15, 2015

i was a dot, you moldedme in a line.... :)

happy to join the course

quality of education

play create program repeat,

Instructor is excellent in explaining everything of the course,

thank you Instructor , university of Edinburgh and Coursera

By Nora S

Sep 7, 2015

Having no experience with programming, this course was perfect for the beginner. It was just the right mix of information of why and how coding works accompanied by hands-on creating in a coding platform. I really enjoyed this class.

By Huangkaixin

Oct 13, 2015

The teacher is very good at explaining those difficult ideas and thought in coding and algorithm.

I have really acquired a lot from this interesting lesson.

It's creative,vivid and attractive.

Besides,scratch is a cute tool for coding.

By Игорь В

Nov 16, 2020

I liked the course very much. Consistent, consistent learning is well thought out. The course provides real knowledge and skills on the beginnings of algorithmization and programming. I will recommend the course to other people.

By Sharon R B

Aug 17, 2018

I love everything about this the course and I an excited to start my new project on my own Areti and Ines making it very interested and fun to learn. A big thank you to all those who participate and made this course possible...

By Taha B

Aug 24, 2020

This course is really beneficial for the very beginners! it shows the mentality of programing and initialize the some concepts of programming. I really enjoyed it. The course took me aprx. 10 hours to complete. Thank you Areti!

By Gianluca L B

Jun 18, 2020

An amazing course to start programming. The Scratch tool is easy to use and the extra videos are amazing resource to understand programming from the point of view of experts and other students who use it in their everyday life.

By Alyssa N V

Jul 1, 2017

This is such a great way to learn about programming in a meaningful way. Scratch is so fun to play with, but the things you'll learn will be useful if you decide to continue learning more complex programming languages later on.

By Brian G

Oct 16, 2020

Very effective introductory coding course! Scratch is an excellent program to get your feet wet and the instructors did a great job of conceptualizing the material in a way that can be applied to future programming initiatives

By Zaina T

Jun 19, 2021

Its a very nice and knowledgeable course. It helps me a lot to take the coding fear out of me. Very good lectures and project work to understand the Loops and nested loops.

Overall I enjoyed a lot. Thanks to everyone.

Regards

By Loralie C

Jun 21, 2020

The course has the right balance of being entertaining and challenging, the lessons were easy to follow. I really enjoyed learning the basic principles on game design, and the bonus interviews were relevant to the course.