Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

EA

Jun 3, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

ED

Apr 4, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

176 - 200 of 972 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Prabhat K S

May 20, 2021

I am glad that I did this course. It was fun learning . The best part of it was the projects and peer grading which really kept us engrossed . And the bonus interviews were like icing on the cake.

By Nandivada P E

Apr 24, 2020

Excellent,we learned a lot from you,Dr.Areti mam.The way you taught really helped us to learn basics of programming and a new Programming language Scratch and also will be missing you Dr.Areti mam

By Elena K

Mar 19, 2021

Well explained, course made in a form of entertainment, liked that there were tasks to do the practical work- to program different games. There were theory tests as well! Very good for beginners!

By Cristian V

Apr 20, 2020

Thank you so much! It's a very good first approach to programming. The videos are simple and easy to follow and the tests are directly related with the contents. Congratulations and thanks again!

By esranur

Aug 15, 2019

it was a great lesson for me. I learned a lot of new things. Thaks to teachers ı can make some funny things with using scratch and thanks again to teachers ı want to learn more about programming.

By Bruno A

Sep 26, 2020

Excelente course. Really good, interactive, and entretained. Every thing was really well explained, and it s a good way to introduce people into the world of Programming. Totally Recommend it !

By Daniel E A

Sep 20, 2017

Gostei tanto deste curso que é a terceira vez que o faço.

Me gusto tanto lo curso que me enrole nelo pela tercera viez

I'd like it so much I enroll in it for the third time.

Obrigado

Gracias

Thank's

By Ildar T U

Dec 20, 2020

It is very perfect for the beginners because in this course you can learn how to make you're proper game! This feeling when you're playing the game that YOU made you're self! It was fantastic!

By Manu T

Jun 3, 2020

This is an interesting course on the basics of programming.

I am 8 years old and could learn a lot about how programming works and the best practices to follow.

Thank you very much.

-Eve Thomas-

By Prasenjit M

May 7, 2020

The instructor of this course gives very good explanation, and give right direction to learn the coding. She has shown the similarity between other programming language which encouraged me.

By Lyndell H

Mar 6, 2018

Really good beginner course that has led me to want to learn more and got me thinking about things that are possible through computer programming. Thank you to all involved in this course!

By Ivana P

Feb 15, 2022

I am very satisfied with the content of the course. I learned to program a very interesting video game on my own, in a short time. I would recommend it to all beginners in this industry.

By FGM

May 23, 2020

Congratulations to the instructors. Very well done, very clear and meaningful. All the ingredients to understand and learn the basic concepts of even driven and object based programming.

By Mary M

Jun 25, 2018

Fantastic course for very beginners. I have no prior coding experience, this helped me learn how to think about coding as an exercise and prepares me to learn new programming languages.

By Abhijit M

Jun 12, 2021

it really motivated me to learn more about programming

the concepts are very simple and you learn it from level 0 to higher version of it

thanks for this cours i really apperciatee it

By Fülöp M S

Oct 27, 2020

Well setup, easy to follow videos. They give the student the possibility to stop the video and create the code ahead. The information is provided in an interesting, friendly manner.

By Sandra

What a great introduction to programming logic and problem solving. Also, lots of fun, where you get to practice and create several little games. Awesome material and great educator.

By Hugo C

Apr 25, 2020

Great starting course. Recommended for everyone out there starting their programming journey as it introduces you to the basics of development while keeping you motivated to do more.

By tiyacte h

Mar 1, 2022

i​ love this workshop its not easy but not hard at all yet

g​iving you the common basics and at a pace to the point where your not overwhelmed

f​ive stars from me thank you #coursera!

By Hirali

Jul 18, 2021

As someone who had never touched a programming language apart from the occasional HTML lesson in school, I found this to be an excellent, comprehensive introduction to programming!

By Cynthia M

Mar 31, 2020

I thought this class was great at getting me started. I am now taking a more complicated course and am not having trouble being able to do it. Thank you for offering this course.

By abdulrahman h

Jul 5, 2020

this is the best course i have entered yet! it is really simple and fun, i like how creative and simple scratch is.. i would like to thank all the team for the hard work they did.

By Riya D

Dec 27, 2019

It’s a great course for those who want to start learning coding. Coding terminologies and the basics are all taught in a period of 5 weeks and it’s been a really great experience.

By Kaisa V

May 30, 2018

So easy to understand, wonderful teachers, and excellent video quality. Never struggled to understand the concepts presented even though I knew nothing about computer programming!