Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

ED

Apr 4, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

EA

Jun 3, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

201 - 225 of 973 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By sansa l

May 16, 2020

Very good course , I would say the best for anyone to start programming and very good teachers that emphasized the correct points. I am very grateful to have taken this course

By Zvinodashe M

Mar 15, 2017

A brilliant course that is fun, engaging, thorough and well presented. This course must be made a must for newbies wanting to do computer science and programming related topics.

By Deeksha C

Apr 7, 2022

Perfect beginner course in programming. I was a little familiar with programming but I still found it very interesting. The ideas and projects were creative and fun to work on.

By Raj Y

Jun 28, 2021

This course is very useful , and it's help on understanding of basic programming. This course will increase confidence on programing and also increase interest on programing :)

By Timo d M

Apr 17, 2021

Very much fun to get a feeling with how programming works without actually learning a programming language! I would very much recommend to finish the course if you begin this.

By Awushie D

Oct 27, 2016

This course is so good, I enjoyed every moment of it and learnt so much. What excites me most is how I can make a start button to start a program, I am thrilled beyond words.

By Vrisha S

Oct 4, 2020

I really enjoyed doing something that I used to think of as quite a boring thing to do.

The teachers are really good, plus adding those optional interview was really helpful.

By János A P

May 3, 2020

Hi Areti, you were a motivation and a light during this course. Your positivity shines through the laptop screens. Thank you very much. You are an inspiration. Cheers, Janos

By Josue A G

This is a great course for beginners trying to learn how to code and understanding the basics. I am very satisfied with the lessons and weekly dynamics.

Great work Coursera!

By Priyankar D

I had a lot of fun with this course. A simple game can be created with the help of coded blocks through scratch. I was able to make a simple game at the end of this course.

By Victor H O P

Dec 10, 2015

Muy bien explicado y contenido fácil de entender y comprender, aparte de ser muy ameno y divertido, es genial para los que apenas inician con los conceptos de programación.

By Komal K

Jun 1, 2020

I loved to learn about this game..it was really very good to know about the game that how to create the game project. This is so useful for me.thank you so much Coursera.

By adribeatlemaniac

Mar 27, 2022

Very good course, I didn't know scratch and with clear explanations and examples, not only we learned how to use it but also how programming works. Great job, thank you!

By Voldemort L

Jul 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor Manataki explains everything very clearly and thoroughly. I have gained far more knowledge in programming than what I had before.

By Aryan P

Jun 29, 2020

this course is good for beginners like me and in the course, they show how to use Scratch. I used Scratch in India, where I was born. I love this program and the course.

By Noga C

Jun 27, 2017

Wonderful course. Very well built with clear and detailed explanations. The tests and assignments are very good for practicing and ensure you understand what was taught.

By Natalia G

Sep 14, 2015

Excellent course! I've just finished it in this week and I'm very happy for it. Was a good experience. I'll continue to study programming because I think it so exciting.

By Sujaree W

I get to learn basic elements of programming and coding in an easy way, along with real projects to test my knowledge and further my understanding. I enjoy it very much

By Kyle S

Mar 16, 2022

Very nice course that really shows how coding works. This course breaks down programming in a way that is fun and easy to understand. Thank you for making this course!

By Mohammad S S

Jul 29, 2020

Great course for learning basic programming in Scratch. Youngers can get better experience of programming through this course. I wish, it will help me a lot in future.

By Kritika S

Aug 15, 2020

Instructor is doing super awesome job. It was fun taking this course. And I am grateful to my peers for giving encouraging and constructive remarks. Thanks Coursera!!

By BabahKenxin S

This course makes me can code a simple game in scratch like kinda of broom vs zombies or spaceship games. Amazing for Edinburgh University and it's partner university

By Rebecca

Sep 7, 2016

I loved this course. It taught me how to use this program and I am now able to work with my students at the library to run a robot program that is similar to Scratch.

By Aditya C

Jul 23, 2021

Great intro if you are a beginner and want to learn about coding and software engineering. The instructor's enthusiasm is infectious and the projects are fun to do.

By Clare B

May 29, 2018

It's very well structured to build up to the final project. It's easy to understand and enjoyable to do at your own speed. The video tutorials are very informative.