Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

ED
Apr 4, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

MT
Jun 3, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

201 - 225 of 872 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Martin B

Aug 18, 2017

Pretty good video quality (compared to my next course). Maybe too much drawing in Scratch2 app and there is no reason for it, but otherwise, great course.

By Janet

Jul 14, 2017

Enjoyed the simplicity of this course for a topic that can be daunting and complicated. Also enjoyed the hands on opportunities to create different games.

By Brandy M

Jul 3, 2020

Excellent course! I learned more than I thought I would and was quite proud of what I was able to understand and do at the end of this course. Well done.

By Omer K

Jun 15, 2020

I enjoyed the course, and it was a great honour to meet you, the instructors, and learn with you guys(I joined scratch before Starting the course). Bye!

By Sara F V

Apr 5, 2020

The professors offer a simple language to understand the basic principles of programming. I really enjoyed the course and intend to continue programming!

By Aly S

Mar 19, 2018

Interesting, simple and essential for anyone who needs to build his programming knowledge.

descent instructor who cares to give you the information.

thanks

By Eileen

May 3, 2017

Great course. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to explore their creativity and learn about some development processes. Entry level but really useful.

By Sophie H

Dec 2, 2015

I think it is a great course for everybody, who wants to have a peak inside the world of coding. Lots of fun excercises and a fine balance of homework.

By Saksham k

Jun 8, 2021

I had fun learning and programming with Scratch and I got to learn so many things from the interviews and from my teacher about software engineering .

By Levina S

May 2, 2018

Everyone who is thinking to learn about programming I recomend to do this course. With it we can learn easily how to think to programming by yourself.

By Marek S

Dec 30, 2015

It's not just about Scratch - the course helps to understand the basic principles of programming, regardless of the language you intend to code in.

By Chatzikonstantinou S

Oct 18, 2015

Very well organized course! The tutors were helpful and good lecturers. Easy to follow and understand! I particularly liked the extra interviews :)

By Meaghan F

Feb 1, 2017

Very entertaining and fun course that teaches the fundamentals of programing. The instructor was informative and upbeat. Really enjoyable overall.

By Tanair G

Jan 22, 2021

Dr Areti Manataki is a fantastic teacher! Made it easy to understand and very helpful! I look forward to my endeavors as a programmer!

thank you!

By Jihed S

Aug 21, 2017

amazing i liked the first teacher the way she introduce lessons i finished the first week and i'm so enthusiast to finish the rest of the course.

By peristeria

Jan 3, 2016

its a great course! I had a lot of fun and learned a lot of info. I really enjoyed. Its a first step in my programming life. Thank you very much!

By Shreyas

Jul 20, 2021

This Course is for absolute beginners. Who are trying to get started with programming you are in the right place. take this course and get start

By KASHVI J

Jun 27, 2021

Excellent course. It was a fun filled learning. I thoroughly enjoyed it and grasped the software engineering and coding concepts effortlessly.

By Robin S

Jan 18, 2021

This course was clear and helpful towards explaining what a programmer does. The teachers thoroughly explained concepts and were very helpful.

By Wael A

Apr 2, 2017

it was really a nice experiment and well organised sessions .. i would like to thank the trainer for her good explanation to course materials

By Srisudarat C

Jul 11, 2021

This help me learn the basic of programming and to inspired me to go further on learning more about coding/programming. Thank you very much.

By Emma A

Very good introduction to the concepts of computer programming. It is designed in a very clear and easy way, perfect for complete beginners.

By Alexandra N

May 14, 2020

Areti is a great teacher! I love her enthusiasm and the cheerful approach! It was a pleasure learning Scratch, thanks to both of you, girls!

By Kristina

Apr 24, 2021

I really enjoyed this course and I've learned a lot of good stuff. Thanks to this course, I'll definitely continue to learning programming.

By Jaihari A K

Jun 20, 2021

A very good course for Coding beginners. Very good explanations. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to start learning programming