Back to Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL) by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll walk through installation steps for installing a text editor, installing MAMP or XAMPP (or equivalent) and creating a MySql Database. You'll learn about single table queries and the basic syntax of the SQL language, as well as database design with multiple tables, foreign keys, and the JOIN operation. Lastly, you'll learn to model many-to-many relationships like those needed to represent users, roles, and courses....

NB
Apr 24, 2020

Great course. The amazing thing about the instructor is that you will find something new and exciting in every course and that's why I loved this course and the remaining courses offered by Dr. Chuck.

AM
Sep 21, 2020

Hello ! I am Physics major student in Myanmar.In my university there is no Programming course.I get this course during COVIDE-19 period and I get many knowledge about SQL Programming language.Thanks.

601 - 625 of 763 Reviews for Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)

By Dom M

Dec 19, 2017

GREAT

By RAHUL S D

Nov 22, 2020

Good

By Rakhimbay N

Nov 11, 2020

good

By Shahid K

Sep 25, 2020

good

By Prasanth k k

Aug 21, 2020

good

By Mukesh C

Aug 8, 2020

By Manal D y

Jul 31, 2020

good

By Orijeet m

Jul 24, 2020

By Dr.SANDA S H

GOOD

By SRI C S K

May 6, 2020

By Bhavana R

Mar 23, 2020

good

By Petar

Nov 23, 2019

good

By Krishna M M

Nov 20, 2019

good

By Amit K A

Aug 19, 2019

good

By Sushma R

Feb 27, 2019

good

By Durgamma S

Feb 12, 2019

good

By FAZEEL A K

Jan 31, 2018

Good

By Jack

Jan 7, 2020

Dr Chuck is awesome in the previous and subsequent courses, but I felt the SQL course was a little lacking. I don't know how anyone could learn SQL syntax or how to write queries with only two rushed lectures and not very many table animations. Fortunately I had a formal database course under my belt, but if this is all I had to go by I'd be quite lost. If you want a more comprehensive SQL primer check out:

It's free and includes more practice in writing queries.

That said Chuck does an amazing job explaining one to one/many relations and basic database design so even I got something out of it.