Back to Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL) by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll walk through installation steps for installing a text editor, installing MAMP or XAMPP (or equivalent) and creating a MySql Database. You'll learn about single table queries and the basic syntax of the SQL language, as well as database design with multiple tables, foreign keys, and the JOIN operation. Lastly, you'll learn to model many-to-many relationships like those needed to represent users, roles, and courses....

NB
Apr 24, 2020

Great course. The amazing thing about the instructor is that you will find something new and exciting in every course and that's why I loved this course and the remaining courses offered by Dr. Chuck.

AM
Sep 21, 2020

Hello ! I am Physics major student in Myanmar.In my university there is no Programming course.I get this course during COVIDE-19 period and I get many knowledge about SQL Programming language.Thanks.

76 - 100 of 766 Reviews for Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)

By Asad J

Aug 13, 2018

Its an really good overview of SQL. I have ready about Joins statements a lots of time, but forgot. However after taking this course, I have a clear vision about Joins.

By Abdelkarim J

Apr 14, 2020

This course helped me to understand how database works, and more acknowladge about it. In addition, I taught differents SQL quries and the interacions between tables.

By Ahmad M Y A

Apr 4, 2018

It's really a nice course and i would recommend it for any one want to learn SQL, this course will teach you how to design scalable data model in the most proper way.

By shaikh I R A

Oct 7, 2020

pretty nice course and the instructor is awesome he always tried to make things fun and easy to understand, surely recommended if you wanna learn about sql databases

By 王桢

Jun 17, 2019

Learn a lot about sql including the basic operations and the reason why relative relation databases exist and how to build simple databases uisng different tools.

By Patryk L

Nov 16, 2018

Charles Severance is a great teacher, it was a pleasure to be a part of that amazing course. It provides confidence doing first steps with SQL. HIGLY RECOMMENDED!

By Hayatullah K

Sep 3, 2020

As a beginner in this field, I didn't find any difficulty understanding and going through the course. The Instructor's way of delivering the knowledge is awsome.

By Dian N S

Mar 19, 2020

It's a great course, with great teacher. I am in novice level for programming, yet I enjoy this course very much. Learning about programming become interesting.

By Fahim R

Apr 27, 2020

Very good course especially for the beginners. The most cool part is No use of HTML/PHP or any other language for learning SQL. I highly recommend this course.

By Akash S

Jan 27, 2020

Charles Russell Severance, has a persona which makes it possible to follow through. The contents of Course are easy to understand, Assignments are interesting.

By Patricia L P

Jan 24, 2018

Very good instructor videos, complete note sets. Am taking the rest of the courses in this specialization with this instructor. Very enjoyable and informative.

By sneha s

Jun 9, 2020

The Concepts are clearly explained with relevant examples. This course has great content to understand the primary key and foreign key concepts in specific.

By PRITAM R

Apr 27, 2020

Great experience. Able to do such hands on examples on own helps a lot. Thanks to Professor for his effort to put up such great, enjoyable lecture seasons.

By Dennis

Nov 11, 2020

The course is really beginner friendly and equips you with the sql fundamentals.I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in learning SQL.

By Katarzyna D

Jun 10, 2018

It's just introduction to SQL, so very basic and little amount of material, but I think it's very good introduction, now I feel confident to move forward.

By Vladislav

Feb 20, 2018

Having no programming language background is no problem on this course. Dr. Chuck explanation are very descriptive and accurate. Thanks a lot. Way to go!

By Meet H S

Jun 19, 2019

Great course for beginners to learn about SQL and some of the basic instructions used in it using MySQL, which are usually used in all kinds of queries.

By Brian U

Mar 16, 2019

Dr. Chuck does a great job of walking through both the theory and syntax of MySQL. I feel like I'm now ready to both design and implement SQL databases.

By Ballem S

Apr 26, 2020

It is really easy to understand the concepts and the instructors way of teaching is very nice. I was able to understand the concepts with in no time.

By Aamir K

Aug 17, 2019

Very interactive and good course for beginner. If it would have had more examples like to build some kind of application than i would be really nice.

By Janendra H D A

Jun 7, 2020

This one of the best SQL introduction courses. One of the greatest instructor i met in online courses.He teach the material with great enthusiasm.

By Amit B h

Sep 23, 2020

Excellent Professor teaching a well built introductory course. The assignments are a bit too easy. Nevertheless, Dr. Severance deserves 5 stars.

By SANKET S J

Apr 11, 2020

Best way to learn is to learn and perform experiments, assignments given in this course helped me to keep up with my practice and learn quickly.

By Adam P

Dec 13, 2018

Fun, easy to follow, not super in depth but I undoubtedly walked away knowing significantly more than when I started. Definitely worth the time.

By Rohitesh K J

Sep 23, 2020

I liked the instructor, I like all of his courses he is a nice funny, and intelligent guy.

One of the best instructor on Coursera i guess he is