Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL
Mar 6, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

RR
Mar 23, 2021

A truly wonderful introduction to Classical music. Great course content but perhaps most importantly, Professor Wright is perhaps one of the best teachers I've ever had the pleasure of learning from.

326 - 350 of 1,013 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Murray D

Apr 6, 2016

A brilliant, comprehensive and accessible introduction to classical music. The playful, casual tone and myriad audio examples really helped me understand the concepts covered.

By Kirsten H

Jul 28, 2020

I enjoyed learning about the history of classical music and how composers communicate meaning. Professor Craig Wright’s passion for teaching keeps you interested and engaged.

By Tina S

Jul 17, 2020

Thank you Professor Wright! You are an excellent teacher, full of heart, and most patient and inspiring. You have opened up a new world of music enjoyment and learning to me!

By German J M

Jun 21, 2020

Fue absolutamente maravilloso. Lo disfruté desde el primer momento y hasta su final. A parte, el mejor tiempo utilizado en esta terrible época de pandemia. Infinitas gracias.

May 23, 2016

Excellent, highly relevant and not very technical. Just what I need to get to know and understand and appreciate classical music better as a music lover, not music performer.

By Francisca G V

Mar 24, 2021

A lot of quizes, but now I'm capable of recognize the different styles of classical music, and even some music theory despite being a complete novice. A really great course!

By David M

Aug 11, 2020

Dr. Craig is the best,

his way of communicating love towards music is very emotional

and, his explanations about music theory and historical events were funny and friendly

By Victor B

Jun 24, 2020

Congratulations It exceed my expectations, I love music and as Aron Copland say it's important no only to enjoy the music but to understand it.

Víctor Béjar

By Bulma E R H

Feb 6, 2020

Este curso es uno de los mejores. El Profesor Craig Wright es muy bueno para enseñar. Todo suena tan interesante si el es quien lo explica. Gracias Coursera por este curso.

By Natalie G V

May 1, 2018

A wonderful and comprehensive introduction to Classical music. Excellently delivered by Professor Craig Wright and his team. A must for anyone interested in classical music

By Aaron J

Aug 8, 2017

I took this course in conjunction with another related course. It was much better than my other course. Good content, keeps the user engaged. Still using what I've learned.

By Rafael S

Nov 8, 2016

Absolutely enjoyed every single moment of the course!. It opened my eyes to new possibilities when listening to well loved music. Highly recommendable!. many thanks indeed.

By JR L

Jun 24, 2020

This course led me to appreciate a genre of music I never thought about before. Professor Wright was a delight to learn about music from. I highly recommend this course.

By Yuliia K

Jan 27, 2020

The course is great! I learned how music evolved through history, its intercourse with art and general movements and also some interesting fact :) I enjoyed every lesson.

By Jai F

May 1, 2017

I love the visual aids and the variety of information I learnt about Classical Music... I am interested in looking into the program further because of this introduction:)

By salvatore s

Nov 26, 2016

A wonderful tour through music, a must for both those comfortable and those less comfortable with classical masterpieces. Very engaging, wonderful way of teaching things.

By Arturo T P

Sep 1, 2020

Muy buen curso, provee los fundamentos de la música clásica de una manera comprensible y entretenida, incluso para las personas que no tengan instrucción musical previa.

By Vanessa R G T

Oct 16, 2020

Excelente curso. Traz uma panorama geral da música clássica que é ótimo para quem estuda música (ou não) e gostaria de ter um conhecimento básico da história da música.

By Jan S

Mar 31, 2020

It's a "tasting menu" of classical music - a little bit of everything. A big thank you to the creators (and prof. Wright) for taking us into this fascinating journey! ✨

By Zhuyi W

May 24, 2019

It's wonderful. It improved by understading and asthetic a lot. The choices from each musical era is very representative, and I get the flow and development of music.

By Angela M P A

Jun 19, 2020

Mil Gracias, por los temas expuestos en el curso de introducción a la música, fueron muy valiosos para mi.

Es muy triste que termine pero fue maravilloso.

Mil gracias!

By Jesus I

Apr 29, 2020

Excellent primer on classical music; no music theory needed but some concepts provided throughout.

Took the class during the COVID-19 pandemic; very nice distraction.

By Teh S W

Sep 21, 2021

I've thoroughly enjoyed the professor's lectures and learned quite a lot in this course. My growing interest for classical music is indeed deeper after this course.

By John M H

Oct 28, 2020

I felt like i travelled through time, through all the eras, the great art, great composers and the timeless music . Would recommend it to any musician or music fan.

By Geraldene F

Jul 20, 2020

Wonderfully interesting course, given by an amazingly profoundly learned professor that has enriched my life. i'm very grateful to have been exposed to this course.