Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL
Mar 6, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

EV
Oct 15, 2020

Wonderful course where Craig Wright delves into all eras of classical music and takes you along for the wonderful ride! Craig Wright is one of the best instructors I have come across! Enjoy the ride!

351 - 375 of 1,017 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Geraldene F

Jul 20, 2020

Wonderfully interesting course, given by an amazingly profoundly learned professor that has enriched my life. i'm very grateful to have been exposed to this course.

By Giuseppe P

Jun 4, 2020

Fantastic introduction to Classical Music, with a great professor and a good mix of theory and examples to keep me interested and committed for 9 weeks. A real gem!

By Carlos T

Aug 18, 2018

Excelente curso. Muy completo. Craig Wright es un extraordinario pedagogo. Transmite los contenidos de un modo claro, atractivo y con la profundidad digna de Yale.

By Esmeralda A Q

Oct 14, 2020

I really enjoyed the course, it was the most interesting experience during my quarantine; the classes were easy to understand even for a naive in Classical Music.

By Krista W

Sep 6, 2020

Loved this course learned so much that I have enrolled in the 2 courses that were recommended- Music as Biology and Fundamentals of Music Theory - Thank you!!!!!

By Joyce S

May 10, 2016

I love the lectures, I do not play a musical instrument, but majored in history and you include a lot of that during the course.. I wish there were less tests.

By OZLEM A

Apr 17, 2020

The best thing that I've done during these covid-19 days, is taking this course. With Professor Wright, it becomes a great experience and an amazing journey ...

By Mercedes G

Dec 28, 2020

Gracias, ha sido un gran aprendizaje, me encanta la música y como músico estaba muy muy interesada en saber más de la música clásica, el profesor es el mejor!.

By GOPIKA S

Best one.i really liked it. First of all it is my favourite stream to study. And second I got a opportunity to study this course for free.thanks to Coursera ❤️

By Angel F

Apr 28, 2020

The material, explanation, music and video are all excellent. This is the most wonderful course I have taken in my life. I learned a lot. Thank you very much !

By Noor Y R D

Apr 21, 2021

Great introduction, a good combination of pieces from each time period and style. Classes are informative and not boring, with a heavy emphasis on listening.

By Raquel G

Jan 12, 2021

EXCELLENT!!!

Mr. Wright is the best, congratulations to the team, THANK YOU!

It was wonderful to take this course during the pandemic

Greetings from Mexico City

By Luis S

Jan 8, 2021

Thank you Prof. Wright and staff!

The course is wonderfully pleasant.

I always liked classical music, but now I like it even more.

Thank you very, very much!

By Abdul M A

Mar 28, 2018

This course is perhaps the best intro to music (and quite a lot of music theory) on the internet right now. The instruction is lucid and the content is rich.

By Okunola T

A very great, deep and Educating course on, music. Covers a very vast amount of areas than any single course I have taken. Thanks to Professor Craig Wright

By Paweł S

May 22, 2020

I developed my knowledge about music, art and humanity. It was a great experience in pandemic time. Thank you from a country of Chopin Prof. Craig Wright!

By BeansAndBagels

Oct 2, 2019

Yale's Introduction to Classical Music, taught by Professor Craig Wright, is a thoughtful, stimulating, and challenging survey of Western classical music.

By Andrea S

Aug 9, 2019

Aprendí muchísimo!!!

Estoy muy contenta y agradecida por los contenidos aprendidos y por tener la posibilidad de tomar el curso con sub títulos en español.

By Bill D

Mar 2, 2018

Nice work

This is the best introductory course on classical music and should be required in every department because of the necessary culture it contains.

By Mary P

May 21, 2021

I just wish Prof Wright teach every course offered. I would enroll in them all. He is very engaging and knows how to teach and keep a person's interest.

By monika c

Jun 19, 2017

A very helpful guide to the entry level understanding of Classical Music. You definitely enjoy and appreciate more if you know better! Thanks Professor!

By Beatriz d C R

Nov 9, 2018

The course is really good! I have leaned a lot so far. It is marvelous to have a course that quality delivered to your door, like that. Awesome! Thanks

By Barbara M

Jun 8, 2016

A really enjoyable course, full of iinformation, well explained and clear. My enjoyment of classical music has definitely been enhanced by this course.

By Mardohar B B S

Jun 20, 2020

Wow, I can't say anything else but this is perfect. It is a complete book from the beginning to the end. It's WOW with capital letters and enthusiasm.