Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL

Mar 07, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

ER

Mar 08, 2016

This course has a lot of information. It is well organized, and so many music illustrations. I am really enjoying this course, and will freely recommend it to anyone interested in classical music.

201 - 225 of 749 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Daniel S

May 01, 2019

Dr. Wright is fantastic. The course, along with his book, are perfect companions. Once you go through both, you will learn classical music through the eyes of history and appreciate the nuances of the art.

By Tran D A

Jun 19, 2018

I was so lucky to meet the course and meet you master. You have my appreciation for give us a chance with music. I wish you are always well and so there will be more course for classical lover from you.

By MIGUEL A J D L

Apr 06, 2017

El curso es excelente. Al principio se explican los fundamentos de la musica. Posteriormente abarca la evolución en el estilo musical; desde el medievo hasta la posmodernidad. Lo recomiendo ampliamente.

By Fiona S

Aug 29, 2017

I really enjoyed this course - interesting, informative, accessible, excellently presented. I only wish there were more in-depth courses in respect of the topics covered, as I would love to learn more!

By Biggus D

Jan 23, 2017

It has been truly a great experience. Prof. Wright is a great teacher and not only he thought about music itself but about its history; its relations to other forms of art and the evolution of society.

By Marcella E

185/5000

Professor Craig Wright's classes are easy to understand and rich in knowledge. I'm a Brazilian, so really appreciate the opportunity to have learned from this great Yale University professor.

By Ivan L

Jun 23, 2020

Excellent overview that enhanced my knowledge and understanding about classical music. I enjoyed it very much and highly recommended to anyone interested and passionate about this type of music.

By Billard

Oct 18, 2019

Thanks a lot for this course. I have completed it a few months ago. It had changed the way I listen to music - not only classical one - toward more understanding and pleasure. I am so grateful!

By Paulina P S

Dec 28, 2017

Me ha gustado mucho. Es interactivo y el nivel del curso, a pesar de decir básico, es bastante completo. Se aprende mucho ya que profundizan en diversos aspectos. Realmente vale la pena tomarlo.

By Yunzhu M

Apr 08, 2018

The course is taught according to the Prof. Wright's textbook Listening to Western Music. While it does not require preliminary knowledge, you will learn a lot serious music knowledge from it.

By James C L

A very fun and engaging course. This course has helped me gain insight into the world of classical music more deeply. Would recommend for anyone who seeks to learn more into the art of sound.

By Alberto

Jun 21, 2020

The course is very useful to get a basic but solid knowledge of the techicalities of classical music, the different periods and genres.Thanks to this course, I have discovered a new passion!

By Julia V

This was a wonderful class! It met all of my expectations and was exactly what I wanted from an online course. I learned so much and feel less intimidated while listening to classical music.

By Abhijit B

Nov 08, 2016

Excellent course for individuals inclined toward Western Classical Music. The course offers a great opportunity to learn about some of the finest composers in the history of classical music.

By Maria E H

May 08, 2017

The professor has a love for teaching that simply energizes his audience. He is a great speaker and uses examples to illustrate his points. This is a wonderful course! Highly recommendable!

By Leyla K

Jul 23, 2020

Prof.Wright was thoroughly engaging, especially through materiale outside music, architecture, and other forms of art which made the lectures very relatable to introductory level students

By PAM K

Dec 11, 2016

Absolutely loved this course. I learned so much about classical music. The course really joined the dots for me, from Medieval to contemporary music. Thank you Craig, and the team at Yale!

By Arthur M

Apr 14, 2016

Exceptional! I learned many new things as expected. And now I want to learn even more. This is the ultimate criterium for a successful course. Kudos to Professor Wright of my alma mater.

By Kelly A

Jul 25, 2020

I greatly enjoyed this course. I have a background in music and I learned a lot. I really enjoyed getting some tools to start to differentiate between different eras of classical music.

By SONG W

Apr 17, 2018

This course is excellent! The course structure is logical for me with basic knowledge on music, and I did know much more about classical music on both pure music field and theory part.

By Konstantin

Mar 07, 2020

The course engages in classical music listening as well as teach you essential music theory to understand muscial forms and genres. Thank you very much, Prof. Wright and Yale's Team!

By NGO P

Sep 30, 2018

I do appreciate very much this course and learned many things. I think this is very good course for everyone, in particular the beginners like me. Thank you very much Prof. Wright.

By Melina F

Jun 06, 2020

An exceptional course with an exceptional instructor. I came into this with no prior music knowledge and am leaving with a profound respect and love for over 1000 years of music.

By Agnieszka K - K

Jun 04, 2020

The course is absolutely brilliant. It developed both my knowledge and my interest in classical music and left me with a feeling I want to know much more! The professor is great!