Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL
Mar 6, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

EV
Oct 15, 2020

Wonderful course where Craig Wright delves into all eras of classical music and takes you along for the wonderful ride! Craig Wright is one of the best instructors I have come across! Enjoy the ride!

826 - 850 of 852 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Titus J M

Aug 17, 2017

now I have a new view and better dimension of classical music. thanks to Yale University, thanks to coursera.

By Leen R

Apr 6, 2016

Great course! I learned a lot, discovered new music and the way mr. Wright presents the content is very good.

By Kimberley J

Jan 3, 2020

A nice guide to classical music. I find the quizes too easy and too easy to do again until you get 100%.

By Yaakov H

May 11, 2017

simply wonderful, but hated his gregorian chant bit. as well assumes you know a bit about music theory.

By Ruan P

Wonderful course which would have been better if I could access the text outside of the US.

By kundan p

Dec 21, 2015

Nice! I am enjoying it!!

explained in simple language, so it is easy to understand.

By Samya K

Jul 19, 2020

Slightly boring at some times but overall engaging and extremely diverse and fun.

By Joy S

Jan 7, 2017

Super long. Super informative. Loved the Beethoven week.

By Jeff B

Jan 17, 2020

Great course! I wish I had taken it 50 years ago!

By Juan C A E

Aug 1, 2020

It was really fun until the last two weeks.

By Marco C

Jul 6, 2020

Very good. I want some more

By JAHFAR M

By petya

Dec 27, 2018

ok

Feb 26, 2017

The content is interesting but the videos are quite long. Also, in the audit version all quizzes are blocked.

By Emil

May 13, 2019

Not exactly, what I've expected, but one could learn a few new things. It is informative.

By Alex C

Jun 4, 2017

Good lecturer, nice focus on the subject... it awakes your sensibility for Music.

By Akash K

Feb 7, 2016

He is awesome in reaching every aspect of Classical music.

By Connor K

Jul 2, 2020

A passable overview of classical music. Somehow it was both too deep and too superficial for me to really enjoy the course. "Let's go super deep on three compositions of one composer, and then oh also here are some other things that were happening at this time." I was hoping we'd engage with a lot of different composers to understand how music changed over time, but it seemed rather slapdash in its approach.

The assessments are my biggest gripe - none of them helped me learn the content any better, and some were downright frustrating because of their complexity and/or irrelevant content.

The professor isn't terribly engaging either, so I ended up moving through the videos pretty quickly except to listen to the music.

By Michael G L

Jun 26, 2020

Over 70 quizzes! Not hard but tedious beyond belief. Pick your best questions, condense down to five or six tests, and this course is a four or five. Looks like the prof is unorganized and doesn't do know what is key to learning in his own course with this scatter approach to quizzes.

By Павел В

Jun 3, 2016

The course looks a lot like advertisement of a textbook. I don't have anything against ads, but ads are not very suitable for teaching.