Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL

Mar 07, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

ER

Mar 08, 2016

This course has a lot of information. It is well organized, and so many music illustrations. I am really enjoying this course, and will freely recommend it to anyone interested in classical music.

126 - 150 of 679 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Romy B

Apr 25, 2020

Excellent course, and special thanks to Craig - who did the course very entertaining and simple to understand. I highly recommend the course - even with no knowledge of classical music at all. The videos are high quality and there are many relations also with art and historic context.

By Elena Z

Jun 24, 2020

I enjoyed going through this course a lot! Easy to engage, interesting to listen. Filled in my blank spots in music history and systematized my fragmentary knowledge back from music school. Thank you, Professor Craig and Yale University team! Great honour to be a part of this course

By Joanne M

Jan 31, 2018

The course is extremely informative. I was able to pick out all the information I wanted (as a non-musician but music lover who wanted to learn more about Classical Music). Overall, I was very impressed by the course in terms of quality of information and its clear presentation.

By André C

Feb 23, 2018

A very well crafted course! The videos are just great, and the quality of the classes were beyond my first expectations. Professor Wright is also a wonderful educator and a very charismatic man. My many thanks to all the Coursera and Yale team for providing this amazing course!

By SADI M

Jun 21, 2020

J'ai vraiment apprécié ce cours. Grâce à cela, j'ai pu développer mes connaissances en musique classique et ainsi mieux l'apprécier. Les cours étaient très passionnants, et m'ont permis d'avoir une meilleure analyse de chaque morceau et de chaque style. Merci encore

By Yiping L

Apr 15, 2016

I really enjoy this course. As a classical music lover for more than 20 years, I can still learn quite a lot for this course. Highly recommended for people who like classical music or who want to know about classical music. In either case, you won't be disappointed.

By Amanda M

Sep 05, 2016

I have adored this course, the content and Mr. Wright's approach. His enthusiasm and knowledge of Classical Music shine throughout the course. He has made classical music far more approachable for those less in tune.

Thank you for the wonderful course Mr. Wright!

By Αθανάσιος Μ

Jan 08, 2017

I did not imagine, that I would have so much to learn in a short course in a such enjoyable fashion. The affection for the οbject, as well as the experience and well metabolized knowledge of Professor Wright, is worthy of consideration by every music lover...

By Jessica S

Jul 24, 2016

I thought this course was well structured and provided a great introduction to classical music. As someone who listens to classical music I am better able to appreciate the various textures and influences of many composers. Thank you so much for this course!

By Albert A F

Jun 12, 2019

Excelente curso, completo, muy bien estructurado y las evaluaciones muy pertinentes a los contenidos.

Ademas es un curso muy integrador con otras áreas del conocimiento, la técnica, el arte y la historia se unen en un mensaje exquisito y muy bien presentado.

By Christian M

Oct 24, 2018

Professor Craig White is such a fascinating instructor. Finishing my course now, I am already missing his enjoyable visits to my home and his talent at making concepts that were complex to me understandable. A pleasure to have followed this course with him!

By Jaime R

Sep 19, 2019

Exceptional course, very well taught. Besides the obvious analysis of many composers, a remarkable highlight is the comparison between music and other arts, such as architecture and painting. This helps to see music in the natural evolution of the world.

By Linda t B

Aug 13, 2016

Very interesting course about the development of classical music.

By giving comparisons between music, architecture, visual arts, literature and by giving some historical background of the specific time periods, it give a good idea how the music evolved.

By Huang W L

Jun 26, 2017

I really enjoy this course a lot!!! Detailed explanation, background of composers and brief history, examples, class videos, comparison between music in different period, and arts and architecture of those period. Hope to have more courses like this :D

By Rosalee C

Aug 17, 2016

What a wonder and enlightening course, spiced with a little humor. I have always wanted to study music, but didn't have the money or time. Now in my retirement, I can enjoy what I have always wanted to do. I looking forward to other music courses.

By Pietro G

Jun 18, 2020

Very well done and interesting, the professor is really passionate about both the music and teaching. Gives a good overview of both musical theory and the "capstones" of classical music from the middle ages to the present day. Again, very well done!

By Max C

Jan 31, 2019

This was a very well put together course. Many areas of significant western classical music periods were discussed and shown here. The best part of this course was hearing about music that one may not of been as aware about but excellent as well.

By Rob T

Jan 02, 2018

Great introduction to classical music. Goes in depth at times, but is accessible to all I believe. You don't necessarily need to have a musical background, although you might find yourself needing to work a lot harder in order to understand things.

By melanie L

Jun 18, 2020

I did not take this course for a certificate. I enjoyed it thoroughly and enjoyed it so much. Some of it was over my head, but I sure learned so much. I highly recommend this course. I certainly have a deeper understanding of classical music.

By Alyssa R

Jun 14, 2018

Professor Craig Wright is very engaging and knowledgable. I learned more than expected about the physics of music and came away with a very diverse classical music playlist. Looking forward to more courses of this kind by Professor Wright.

By Kevin W

Jun 23, 2020

This was a great course. A wonderful mix of music history, development, form and insight into composers. I really learned a lot and will be able to listen to music with more understanding and even more appreciation. Thank you Craig!

By Akane V U

Apr 05, 2018

The course is very well structured and takes great examples of each era. Craig is a very witty and engaging teacher. The course material is interesting an in-depth enough that not only novices to Classical Music can learn a lot from it.

By Anika N

Jul 01, 2017

I really enjoyed this course, the videos were understandable and each of them was really interesting. Now I can only hope that my ID will finally be verified so that I didn't pay without getting my certificate. Thank you for this course

By Blanca C M S

Jun 06, 2020

This was an amazing course. Even better than expected. I'm an undergraduated student and I found this course so helpful in many aspects of my career. So inspiring and easy to undestand. Thanks a lot to Dr. Craig and all the Yale team.

By Lucio G

May 23, 2020

El curso es excelente. Craig Wright tiene mucho carisma y su forma de explicar es realmente entretenida y atrapante. El curso consigue cumplir con creces los objetivos, utilizando recursos muy gráficos y claros. Altamente recomendable