Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL

Mar 07, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

ER

Mar 08, 2016

This course has a lot of information. It is well organized, and so many music illustrations. I am really enjoying this course, and will freely recommend it to anyone interested in classical music.

351 - 375 of 789 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Silvia D B

Apr 22, 2020

Lo disfruté muchísimo, aprendí y me dieron ganas de seguir aprendiendo. Gracias profesor y gracias Yale.

By Melissa C

Jan 16, 2019

Excelente curso. Bien planeado y explicado. Es entretenido y logra establecer empatía con el estudiante.

By xiaochen l

Aug 13, 2017

It's so good for a fan of classic music and it's also quite hard. I like it and the professor very much!

By Youwei Z

Jan 30, 2016

excellent guide to classical music!

better to have a checklist for glossaries at the end of each lecture.

By Max R

Jun 27, 2017

very broad and down to earth introduction to music - I always thought I hated baroque, now I love it :)

By Jacqueline A

Sep 02, 2020

This was an amazing course. I learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed it. The teacher is amazing as well!

By WEI Z

Apr 21, 2019

Love this course! It is more like a full length musical experience for me! Thanks for your hard work!

By Rafael L L

May 13, 2020

One of the best MOOC's i ever engage. Craig is very good professor and passionate about the subject.

By Rafael S

Jun 07, 2016

Great course, it's very interesting and fun. Furthermore, Mr. Craig is an excellent teacher! Cheers!

By Jaco B

Fantastic course that covers a heap. As a casual musician, I found this course quite technical too!

Oct 28, 2017

Charming and informative course. Too bad about the text book not being available but then it reall

By Carolina G

Very interesting course, I've learned a lot and have been listening to Classical music more often.

By Liang D

Mar 26, 2018

Professor Wright, thank you for sharing such a wonderful class.

I decide to register a piano class.

By sinan p

Jun 19, 2020

Thank you very much. The whole journey was as enjoyable as it was informative.

All the best,

Sinan

By Leopoldo G

Apr 18, 2019

The course was fantastic. One of the best I´ve taken. I thought we missed Tchaikovski and Chopin!

By Carl C

May 05, 2016

I've taken several music courses on Coursera and Introduction to Classical Music was my favorite.

By Irina S

Apr 30, 2020

Excellent course, easy to understand. I feel more aware and knowledgeable about classical music.

By Michelle Z

Jul 19, 2020

A really great course! Truly! I'm in loss of words for this course but very highly recommended!

By Tamsin B

Jun 23, 2020

Very in-depth for an Intro course, loved the session that included the re-enactment and the dog

By bill d

Jun 05, 2020

It was well worth my time to take this course. Thanks for placing it on here for us to access.

By Constanza F

Dec 18, 2016

I absolutely loved this course! It was enjoyable, and I learned a lot more about music and art!

By Patrick B

Mar 13, 2016

Great course that allows strangers to Classical Music to take first steps in this vast univese!

By Sherry F

Aug 20, 2018

This is a wonderful course. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in music.