Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL

Mar 07, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

ER

Mar 08, 2016

This course has a lot of information. It is well organized, and so many music illustrations. I am really enjoying this course, and will freely recommend it to anyone interested in classical music.

201 - 225 of 737 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Ivan L

Jun 23, 2020

Excellent overview that enhanced my knowledge and understanding about classical music. I enjoyed it very much and highly recommended to anyone interested and passionate about this type of music.

By Billard

Oct 18, 2019

Thanks a lot for this course. I have completed it a few months ago. It had changed the way I listen to music - not only classical one - toward more understanding and pleasure. I am so grateful!

By Paulina P S

Dec 28, 2017

Me ha gustado mucho. Es interactivo y el nivel del curso, a pesar de decir básico, es bastante completo. Se aprende mucho ya que profundizan en diversos aspectos. Realmente vale la pena tomarlo.

By Yunzhu M

Apr 08, 2018

The course is taught according to the Prof. Wright's textbook Listening to Western Music. While it does not require preliminary knowledge, you will learn a lot serious music knowledge from it.

By James C L

A very fun and engaging course. This course has helped me gain insight into the world of classical music more deeply. Would recommend for anyone who seeks to learn more into the art of sound.

By Alberto

Jun 21, 2020

The course is very useful to get a basic but solid knowledge of the techicalities of classical music, the different periods and genres.Thanks to this course, I have discovered a new passion!

By Julia V

This was a wonderful class! It met all of my expectations and was exactly what I wanted from an online course. I learned so much and feel less intimidated while listening to classical music.

By Abhijit B

Nov 08, 2016

Excellent course for individuals inclined toward Western Classical Music. The course offers a great opportunity to learn about some of the finest composers in the history of classical music.

By Maria E H

May 08, 2017

The professor has a love for teaching that simply energizes his audience. He is a great speaker and uses examples to illustrate his points. This is a wonderful course! Highly recommendable!

By Leyla K

Jul 23, 2020

Prof.Wright was thoroughly engaging, especially through materiale outside music, architecture, and other forms of art which made the lectures very relatable to introductory level students

By PAM K

Dec 11, 2016

Absolutely loved this course. I learned so much about classical music. The course really joined the dots for me, from Medieval to contemporary music. Thank you Craig, and the team at Yale!

By Arthur M

Apr 14, 2016

Exceptional! I learned many new things as expected. And now I want to learn even more. This is the ultimate criterium for a successful course. Kudos to Professor Wright of my alma mater.

By Kelly A

Jul 25, 2020

I greatly enjoyed this course. I have a background in music and I learned a lot. I really enjoyed getting some tools to start to differentiate between different eras of classical music.

By SONG W

Apr 17, 2018

This course is excellent! The course structure is logical for me with basic knowledge on music, and I did know much more about classical music on both pure music field and theory part.

By Konstantin

Mar 07, 2020

The course engages in classical music listening as well as teach you essential music theory to understand muscial forms and genres. Thank you very much, Prof. Wright and Yale's Team!

By NGO P

Sep 30, 2018

I do appreciate very much this course and learned many things. I think this is very good course for everyone, in particular the beginners like me. Thank you very much Prof. Wright.

By Melina F

Jun 06, 2020

An exceptional course with an exceptional instructor. I came into this with no prior music knowledge and am leaving with a profound respect and love for over 1000 years of music.

By Agnieszka K - K

Jun 04, 2020

The course is absolutely brilliant. It developed both my knowledge and my interest in classical music and left me with a feeling I want to know much more! The professor is great!

By Leandro F

Dec 27, 2018

Muy bueno. Completo, de facil comprension. Ademas permite ahondar sobre la aperciacion musical sin inmiscuirse demasiado en la teoria. Lo cual lo hace muy entretenido, llevadero.

By Murray D

Apr 06, 2016

A brilliant, comprehensive and accessible introduction to classical music. The playful, casual tone and myriad audio examples really helped me understand the concepts covered.

By Kirsten H

Jul 28, 2020

I enjoyed learning about the history of classical music and how composers communicate meaning. Professor Craig Wright’s passion for teaching keeps you interested and engaged.

By Tina S

Jul 17, 2020

Thank you Professor Wright! You are an excellent teacher, full of heart, and most patient and inspiring. You have opened up a new world of music enjoyment and learning to me!

By German J M S

Jun 21, 2020

Fue absolutamente maravilloso. Lo disfruté desde el primer momento y hasta su final. A parte, el mejor tiempo utilizado en esta terrible época de pandemia. Infinitas gracias.

By Olga E

May 23, 2016

Excellent, highly relevant and not very technical. Just what I need to get to know and understand and appreciate classical music better as a music lover, not music performer.