Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL
Mar 6, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

RR
Mar 23, 2021

A truly wonderful introduction to Classical music. Great course content but perhaps most importantly, Professor Wright is perhaps one of the best teachers I've ever had the pleasure of learning from.

401 - 425 of 961 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Diana C P M

Jan 10, 2019

This is the best course ever !!! The teacher is great, I really enjoy the classes and it was helpfull for my research. Thanks! :)

By Olga V

Jun 24, 2016

Fantastic course. Thank you for such a great material collection; my time with you was most enjoyable and I have learned a lot.

By Ruiyan Q

May 8, 2016

I enjoy the lessons. The professor gives detailed description with fabulous music. I am totally addicted to classical music now.

By April S

Mar 6, 2021

Excellent course, I have thoroughly enjoyed and feel I have been equipped with the tools and a map to explore my music journey.

By Katja L

Aug 25, 2020

Instructive, engaging, and thoroughly enjoyable. Anyone can benefit from a deeper understanding of classical music and culture!

By Álvaro M E

Aug 28, 2020

Craig Wright deserves all the love he can get, an incredible being with enormous intelligence. I hope I can meet him someday.

By Britta T

Sep 14, 2018

Very in detail, and super interesting. Plus there are recap quizzes for me to test my knowledge.

In general a GREAT course!!!!

By Stacy D

Mar 31, 2018

Really interesting course and I learned a great deal. I've even managed to retain some of it, lol. Baroque music all the way!

By Christina v B

Nov 24, 2020

I loved this course! It gave me a great general overview of the history of classical music from the Middle Ages until today!

By Mohammed A

Feb 12, 2021

Excellent course. Amazing instructor I hope Dr. wright gives more courses I would love to take maybe a pure Opera course.

By Lois S

Aug 24, 2020

Highly engaging and enjoyable. I started the course with a basic knowledge of classical music, and I learned so much more!

By Alina K

Jan 5, 2020

Much better understanding of music of all types!!! Much more pleasure from listening to music! after course!! Thank you!!!

By Lincy W

May 30, 2017

This course is well made and produced, great work and effort done.

Very helpful and resourceful input as well as lecturer.

By Apolinar G

Sep 2, 2020

Superb, addictive, and very entertaining. I could understand the concepts and musical tendencies that I was ignorant of.

By Rosemarie S

Jul 13, 2020

A great course with a fabulous professor. I've learned so much and have been inspired to start to play the piano again.

By Rosa H B T

Mar 26, 2021

Muy buen curso. Excelente el profesor Wright. Explicaciones muy claras y precisas. El material utilizado muy adecuado.

By Shireen P

Oct 11, 2020

It was WONDERFUL !

I loved how Craig Wright made his presentations!

A whole new world has opened up to me & I thank you!

By Ana G

May 23, 2020

Instructor was amazing, very enthusiastic and engaging. I have definitely learned a lot about classical western music.

By Jhoao A M L

Aug 28, 2020

This course is an amazing experience for anyone interested in classical music or about understanding how does it work

By Hrithik S

Jun 7, 2020

Craig Wright is a very good teacher. He helped a lot and was very enthusiastic. occasionally very cheerful and funny.

By Asta K

Sep 22, 2020

Excellent course, excellent professor who shares both his knowledge and love of classical music. Highly recommended!

By qingjian w

Jun 21, 2019

perfect course for someone wants to have some systematic understanding of classical music and enrich the normal life

By Marina S M

Nov 22, 2017

This course is fascinating! I highly recommend to everyone who loves classical music. Many thanks to the professor.