Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL
Mar 6, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

EV
Oct 15, 2020

Wonderful course where Craig Wright delves into all eras of classical music and takes you along for the wonderful ride! Craig Wright is one of the best instructors I have come across! Enjoy the ride!

226 - 250 of 852 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Darshani

Jun 26, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I was pleased with how he pulled together arts and culture together to create context.

In the end, it wasn't just a musical introduction, it was an informative history lesson.

By pia a j

Aug 20, 2020

I had a lot of fun learning about classical music. Dr. Craig made it easy for a true beginner like me.

Thank you for providing students from all over the world with the opportunity to learn from top educators.

By Bogdanova E

Jul 24, 2016

It's perfect! We had a Musical Literature subject at a Musical School - and it was soooo boooring!

And this course - it made me think about music in a new way and now I had a wish to share it with my friends

By Paz C

Jun 6, 2016

Very good course, interesting and educational. I really enjoyed it. I wish the professor will give another and more complex course about music understanding that involves specific notes, pitches and sclaes.

By 宁静

Feb 21, 2016

超棒,虽然每次我都是赶着deadline完成quiz,不过还是很开心最终完成,这对我这种拖延症加懒癌患者真的是不容易,不过总是感兴趣的话题,Wright 也很有趣,讲的很好,从最早听聆听音乐到今天这个导论,很开心学到蛮多,英文字幕好多专业术语还是要查查,对不同年代的主流音乐也有了大致的了解,这门课,也不仅仅是音乐,还是建筑,是绘画,也许,这就是艺术不分家的缘故吧~

再一次谢谢老师啦,幽默风趣的小老头,学到很多~

By Daniel S

Apr 30, 2019

Dr. Wright is fantastic. The course, along with his book, are perfect companions. Once you go through both, you will learn classical music through the eyes of history and appreciate the nuances of the art.

By Tran D A

Jun 19, 2018

I was so lucky to meet the course and meet you master. You have my appreciation for give us a chance with music. I wish you are always well and so there will be more course for classical lover from you.

By MIGUEL A J D L

Apr 5, 2017

El curso es excelente. Al principio se explican los fundamentos de la musica. Posteriormente abarca la evolución en el estilo musical; desde el medievo hasta la posmodernidad. Lo recomiendo ampliamente.

By Edwin M V

Oct 15, 2020

By Fiona S

Aug 28, 2017

I really enjoyed this course - interesting, informative, accessible, excellently presented. I only wish there were more in-depth courses in respect of the topics covered, as I would love to learn more!

By Biggus D

Jan 23, 2017

It has been truly a great experience. Prof. Wright is a great teacher and not only he thought about music itself but about its history; its relations to other forms of art and the evolution of society.

By Marcella E

185/5000

Professor Craig Wright's classes are easy to understand and rich in knowledge. I'm a Brazilian, so really appreciate the opportunity to have learned from this great Yale University professor.

By Ivan L

Jun 23, 2020

Excellent overview that enhanced my knowledge and understanding about classical music. I enjoyed it very much and highly recommended to anyone interested and passionate about this type of music.

By Billard

Oct 18, 2019

Thanks a lot for this course. I have completed it a few months ago. It had changed the way I listen to music - not only classical one - toward more understanding and pleasure. I am so grateful!

By Paulina P S

Dec 28, 2017

Me ha gustado mucho. Es interactivo y el nivel del curso, a pesar de decir básico, es bastante completo. Se aprende mucho ya que profundizan en diversos aspectos. Realmente vale la pena tomarlo.

By Bill H

Sep 5, 2020

I took the course about 5 years ago. I just completed it again, and perhaps got more even insight and knowledge the second time around. Thoroughly enjoyable. Well done!

Bill H. Toronto, Canada

By Nancy Y M

Apr 8, 2018

The course is taught according to the Prof. Wright's textbook Listening to Western Music. While it does not require preliminary knowledge, you will learn a lot serious music knowledge from it.

By James C L

A very fun and engaging course. This course has helped me gain insight into the world of classical music more deeply. Would recommend for anyone who seeks to learn more into the art of sound.

By Rekardo T

Aug 21, 2020

I loved this course. The professor was amazing and took his time getting the information across. It's great to learn from someone that you can tell has a passion for what they do. Thank you!

By Alberto

Jun 21, 2020

The course is very useful to get a basic but solid knowledge of the techicalities of classical music, the different periods and genres.Thanks to this course, I have discovered a new passion!

By Julia V

This was a wonderful class! It met all of my expectations and was exactly what I wanted from an online course. I learned so much and feel less intimidated while listening to classical music.

By Abhijit B

Nov 8, 2016

Excellent course for individuals inclined toward Western Classical Music. The course offers a great opportunity to learn about some of the finest composers in the history of classical music.

By Maria E H

May 8, 2017

The professor has a love for teaching that simply energizes his audience. He is a great speaker and uses examples to illustrate his points. This is a wonderful course! Highly recommendable!

By Leyla K

Jul 23, 2020

Prof.Wright was thoroughly engaging, especially through materiale outside music, architecture, and other forms of art which made the lectures very relatable to introductory level students

By PAM K

Dec 10, 2016

Absolutely loved this course. I learned so much about classical music. The course really joined the dots for me, from Medieval to contemporary music. Thank you Craig, and the team at Yale!