Back to Introduction to CSS3

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to CSS3 by University of Michigan

The web today is almost unrecognizable from the early days of white pages with lists of blue links. Now, sites are designed with complex layouts, unique fonts, and customized color schemes. This course will show you the basics of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3). The emphasis will be on learning how to write CSS rules, how to test code, and how to establish good programming habits. When done correctly, the styling of a webpage can take enhance your page. When done incorrectly the result can be worse than no styling at all. To ensure that your sites do not put up barriers for people with cognitive and/or physical disabilities, you will learn how to evaluate pages using the standardized POUR accessibility guidelines. Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to sketch a design for a given HTML page. Using that design they will use CSS to implement the design by adding fonts, colors, and layouts. This is the second course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. Subsequent courses focus on adding interaction with JavaScript and enhancing the styling with responsive design. It will be difficult to complete this course if you do not have access to a laptop or desktop computer for the homework....

GC

Dec 19, 2020

This course helped me hone my CSS skills. Even though I had some knowledge on the subject, I understood and practiced many things that I had difficulty understanding before. Thanks, Professor Colleen.

MK

Sep 25, 2020

This course is a recommendable for all beginners who are interested in designing and styling their web pages. The whole course is interesting and challenging at the end of the course and I enjoyed it.

326 - 350 of 1,814 Reviews for Introduction to CSS3

By Mohammad S

Dec 10, 2019

Coursera is a nice online platform for students who can not buy their special course. Thank you coursera and its team.

By Dinar K

Jun 6, 2017

Thank you Dr. Colleen van Lent for the excellent course that helped me get a good understanding of all the CSS basics!

By MOHAMED

Nov 14, 2016

best course for me ..thank you and i need more courses in web design .. very very good course .... thank you very much

By megha s

Jul 14, 2020

Best course for beginners , it gives a very good knowledge of CSS and the graded assignments are best for practicing.

By shreyansh s

Apr 13, 2020

this is the best course anyone can find to learn css from the very basics........lots of love to michigan university

By Ravishankar K

Jul 13, 2018

i like this course and suggest all the students to participate in this course if you want to become a web developer.

By Cesar H R

Feb 21, 2016

Nice course. Clear explanations and basic level. A lot of code examples, web references and peer to peer activities.

By Sushil k

Apr 21, 2020

best course on web designing .This course filled me with enough confidence to create my own webpage. Thank you mam.

By Promita P

Nov 4, 2020

The instructor is amazing and it become ease for me to learn this skills. Thank you for explaining in so easy way.

By AQUIB Z

Jul 1, 2020

A very well organised course for beginner! I feel very confident about my CSS skills after completing this course.

By Nikki A

Mar 24, 2018

Easy to understand, well-guided and great for beginners! Consider taking Introduction to HTML5 beforehand as well!

By Diana R B

Oct 3, 2020

Excellent. It's easy to understand and follow. It also gave the students ample examples and exercises to work on.

By Madhu V 1

Aug 16, 2020

AWESOME COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE THE WAY THE INSTRUCTOR TEACHES HER

IN LOVE WITH COURSERA!

THANKS A LOT<3

By Ashish K B

Jul 24, 2020

This course makes a base of CSS. This is good for you if you don't know anything about CSS or you are a beginner.

By VUPPUTURI R K

Jun 18, 2020

The Tutor has made me think in other perception i.e accessibility for all.

She is one of the best tutor I ever had

By Gülce E

Jan 21, 2018

This course is fantastic for people who know nothing about CSS and want to get to an at least intermediate level.

By Opeyemi G O

Apr 7, 2021

Thank you Dr Colleen for these project based introduction to CSS.

I really learnt and practiced the basics of CSS

By ARUPARAYIL P P

Apr 24, 2020

got an opportunity to learn lots of new things and as a beginner, this course has help me to get skilled in CSS

Dec 24, 2016

As hands-on as it could be. This Specialization is the best I've taken on Coursera. Thumbs up for the instructor

By Sanjeeva B

Nov 26, 2020

very nicely presented organised

everythings is just perfect as for begineer level.

I loved this course very much

By poipoiu l

Dec 3, 2015

awesome curse !i learn so much thing! i hope that everyone that want to learn about CSS3 enroll in this course!

By Dafni Z

Jun 14, 2020

I enjoyed this course very much! the instructor was very good and it gave me a very good basis to continue on!

By Jose L L

Thanks so much! For both, University of Michigan and especially to Mrs. Collen van Lent, what a great teacher.

By Rohit S

May 6, 2020

Thanks Coursera for Providing the best content and thanks to Mam who engaged us in learning css3 in a fun way.

By Shradheya K

Oct 19, 2015

I really like the way they teach me .This course is really very nice and easy to understand and very helpfull.