Back to Introduction to CSS3

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to CSS3 by University of Michigan

The web today is almost unrecognizable from the early days of white pages with lists of blue links. Now, sites are designed with complex layouts, unique fonts, and customized color schemes. This course will show you the basics of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3). The emphasis will be on learning how to write CSS rules, how to test code, and how to establish good programming habits. When done correctly, the styling of a webpage can take enhance your page. When done incorrectly the result can be worse than no styling at all. To ensure that your sites do not put up barriers for people with cognitive and/or physical disabilities, you will learn how to evaluate pages using the standardized POUR accessibility guidelines. Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to sketch a design for a given HTML page. Using that design they will use CSS to implement the design by adding fonts, colors, and layouts. This is the second course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. Subsequent courses focus on adding interaction with JavaScript and enhancing the styling with responsive design. It will be difficult to complete this course if you do not have access to a laptop or desktop computer for the homework....

GC

Dec 19, 2020

This course helped me hone my CSS skills. Even though I had some knowledge on the subject, I understood and practiced many things that I had difficulty understanding before. Thanks, Professor Colleen.

MK

Sep 25, 2020

This course is a recommendable for all beginners who are interested in designing and styling their web pages. The whole course is interesting and challenging at the end of the course and I enjoyed it.

376 - 400 of 1,857 Reviews for Introduction to CSS3

By Giang L H

Sep 5, 2017

Thank you for your great course on CSS. From absolute beginner, I can now code some CSS for my website!

By Abrar A K

Jul 3, 2020

It is an interesting and well paced course. Ideal for beginners and for those who wants to learn more.

By SHRI V S

Colleen Van Lent , i love you

youre the best instructor/mentor anyone could get, you make learning fun.

By Roman L

Dec 7, 2015

Excellent course for people with basic knowledge. the profesor is so clear when explaining everything.

By WILSON T K E

Nov 11, 2020

Great course, sufficient material, good videos, provide step by step guide for completing the course.

By Shashi K P

Feb 21, 2017

Great Course ,Recommend it ,Thank you Professor Colleen ,Coursera & whole staff behind the course :)

By Ralph S

May 20, 2016

Well planned and easy to understand curriculum. I was encouraged and motivated every step of the way.

By usman r

Dec 3, 2015

I Love my Ma'am, and the way she teach us. She designed the CSS3 course for us in great way.

By Sakshi A

Jul 9, 2020

Really informative and interesting course .

thank you so much ma'am for making concept Crystal clear.

By Tuhin M

Wonderful course it is!!! Highly recommended for those who wants a sound basic over web development.

By Christopher S

May 16, 2020

The right amount of detail in the course material and some good resources to continue learning from.

By DaiTKSE150681

Mar 14, 2021

I really love this course by Michigan University, this course help me too much in front web design

By Prithwijit B

Jul 27, 2020

This course is useful and effective for designing a webpage. I have enjoyed to learn this course .

By Maysam A

Sep 6, 2019

GREAT COURSE loved the teacher and the way she explained everything I learned a lot in this course

By mostafa m

Sep 26, 2017

I really loved this course , it's just a few couple of hours but It makes your css skills reliable

By Mohammad S A Y

Jan 3, 2016

Excellent explanation by the faculty. I really appreciate and happy to attend this course. Thanks.

By Subham D

Aug 26, 2020

Mam your teaching style and humour is really great. Thanks for providing us such a nice tutorial.

By José G C P

Sep 29, 2016

Excelent, concise and practical. Don´t worry if you don´t know about css, here you´ll learn fast.

By Sudarsan G

Sep 13, 2016

Great course covers a wide range of material. The additional readings and resources helped a lot.

By Stacy B

Dec 5, 2015

I learned an incredible amount in this course without ever feeling overwhelmed. It was wonderful.

By Chris d

Jan 1, 2022

so good! I feel confident to style a page now, so can modify my website to look like how I want/

By MALAY T T

Apr 4, 2021

This course is very useful. course is give very useful trick to make website to very attractive.

By Liz F (

Nov 29, 2020

Super helpful and easy to follow. The explanations were clear as well as the readings suggested.

By Sara B

Jul 31, 2020

Very very help course to CSS beginners! I've learned a lot and I'm able to code my own page now.

By Lucas B

Jun 12, 2020

I'm really new to programming and this course was so much helpful and well taught! Thanks a lot!