Back to Introduction to CSS3

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to CSS3 by University of Michigan

The web today is almost unrecognizable from the early days of white pages with lists of blue links. Now, sites are designed with complex layouts, unique fonts, and customized color schemes. This course will show you the basics of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3). The emphasis will be on learning how to write CSS rules, how to test code, and how to establish good programming habits. When done correctly, the styling of a webpage can take enhance your page. When done incorrectly the result can be worse than no styling at all. To ensure that your sites do not put up barriers for people with cognitive and/or physical disabilities, you will learn how to evaluate pages using the standardized POUR accessibility guidelines. Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to sketch a design for a given HTML page. Using that design they will use CSS to implement the design by adding fonts, colors, and layouts. This is the second course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. Subsequent courses focus on adding interaction with JavaScript and enhancing the styling with responsive design. It will be difficult to complete this course if you do not have access to a laptop or desktop computer for the homework....

GC
Dec 19, 2020

This course helped me hone my CSS skills. Even though I had some knowledge on the subject, I understood and practiced many things that I had difficulty understanding before. Thanks, Professor Colleen.

MK
Sep 25, 2020

This course is a recommendable for all beginners who are interested in designing and styling their web pages. The whole course is interesting and challenging at the end of the course and I enjoyed it.

426 - 450 of 1,763 Reviews for Introduction to CSS3

By Ali M M

Jun 27, 2016

So far i love learning new things even though its basic I have learned more about css

By Mahmoud I M A

Dec 14, 2015

Excellent for anyone that need a deep look at css3 i would recommend it to my friends

By 20_ S

Jun 5, 2020

It was really great doing this course with Collen Van Lent. She is a great professor

By Stefany B

Oct 1, 2017

I really liked the teacher Colleen van Lent. Interesting assignments of this course.

By Mustafa E

Jul 26, 2017

as an introduction to CSS, it is a very well prepared course.Thanks to all the team.

By Olagoke T

Jun 18, 2017

I love the course as it has helped me in building my career as a front-end developer

By Gennadiy R

Dec 30, 2015

Thanks a lot! This course helped be to put a strong basis under my knowledge of CSS.

By Kimberly H

Dec 26, 2015

Gave me more insight to how CSS3 works with HTML5. Looking forward to learning more!

By Vânia G

Sep 19, 2020

Good course, the basics of CSS with some deep perspective, if you want to go ahead!

By vijay b n

Jul 20, 2020

Excellent course for Web applications.I have really enjoyed while doing the course.

By Hestia

Apr 27, 2020

A very good introduction course with a clear structure and appropriate assignments.

By Jermaine T

Nov 2, 2015

Best programming class I've ever taken. Better than my college programming classes.

By Michèle M

y

!

By Rowan S L

Jul 20, 2020

This course is very solid and Mrs. Vanlent is the best instructor I could ask for.

By JEET P

This course is very beneficial for every level of CSS lover. I enjoyed it so much.

By Saieef S S

May 9, 2020

I Love the instructor she explains everything very well...thanks i learned a lot..

By Daniel D

Apr 7, 2020

very good course on css that focuses on practicing what you learned. Very helpful.

By Roberto C

Dec 28, 2015

It is an excellent course related to learn and practise basic knowledge about CSS3

By Jared H

Jan 15, 2021

Loved the course, well taught and easy to follow. Most importantly, a lot of fun!

By EVGENY P A

Jan 2, 2021

A good course, experienced teachers and interesting presentation of the material!

By Aakarshika S

Aug 10, 2020

An amazing course for beginners!!

The projects given in this project are the best.

By Leonardo T

Jul 21, 2020

I learned the most important tools and abilities to aplly css code in web design.

By Maria S

Jun 15, 2019

Great course to learn the basics and get a peek at some more advanced techniques.

By Helen

Mar 17, 2019

Cool, lots of example, good homework to understand CSS. Now I can start coding :)

By Ahmad z

Feb 9, 2019

hi guys

iti is a very good course and i have learned too much

thanks for my teacher