Back to Introduction to CSS3

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to CSS3 by University of Michigan

The web today is almost unrecognizable from the early days of white pages with lists of blue links. Now, sites are designed with complex layouts, unique fonts, and customized color schemes. This course will show you the basics of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3). The emphasis will be on learning how to write CSS rules, how to test code, and how to establish good programming habits. When done correctly, the styling of a webpage can take enhance your page. When done incorrectly the result can be worse than no styling at all. To ensure that your sites do not put up barriers for people with cognitive and/or physical disabilities, you will learn how to evaluate pages using the standardized POUR accessibility guidelines. Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to sketch a design for a given HTML page. Using that design they will use CSS to implement the design by adding fonts, colors, and layouts. This is the second course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. Subsequent courses focus on adding interaction with JavaScript and enhancing the styling with responsive design. It will be difficult to complete this course if you do not have access to a laptop or desktop computer for the homework....

MK
Sep 25, 2020

This course is a recommendable for all beginners who are interested in designing and styling their web pages. The whole course is interesting and challenging at the end of the course and I enjoyed it.

GC
Dec 19, 2020

This course helped me hone my CSS skills. Even though I had some knowledge on the subject, I understood and practiced many things that I had difficulty understanding before. Thanks, Professor Colleen.

126 - 150 of 1,750 Reviews for Introduction to CSS3

By Edwin M

Nov 27, 2020

This course is very helpful for people who need to start from the very beginning. It presents the material and concepts in a systematic and helpful manner, never assuming knowledge that folks like me do not have.

By Raul M

Mar 2, 2018

excellent material and loved the pace. Felt like there could have been more optional material to add to the assignments to give those looking to learn more outside the class the opportunity for bigger challenges.

By Catalina P R

Nov 1, 2018

Muy recomendable, entrega todas las herramientas básicas para diseñar de forma sencilla usando CSS3 y que permiten seguir aprendiendo después de finalizado el curso. Valió cada minuto invertido, excelente curso.

By Ketaki J

May 22, 2020

Best course to learn CSS3 ! I knew nothing about styling before and now i feel much more confident. The instructor made us actually put effort and supplied with useful additonal resources. Go ahead and enroll!

By Jeremie P

Feb 6, 2016

Very good class.

The video sessions are well built and clear. Also, the homeworks are short but can help you get started with css pretty well.

Congratulations on the course and thanks for sharing it on coursera.

By Abdelkarim J

Apr 16, 2020

I had learned much stuff throughout this course including the CSS3 properties, Pseudo classe and pseudo elements and so on. I really appreciate the efforts of our teacher. Thanks for all support that give us.

By Thomas M

Aug 4, 2019

A well-structured, well-taught and easy to follow introduction to CSS with lots of exercises to help improve your skills. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to get a deeper understanding of CSS.

By Noman G

Jun 13, 2017

The course material is highly effective and a backbone of any website.The Professor Collin has delivered all the lectures with a perfect teaching skills and has made the course very very interesting and easy.

By Himanshu M

Jul 3, 2020

I loved this course.Miss Collen van Lent is An amazing teacher.She way She taught is outstanding.Everyone should join this course.She is amazing.I just want to say thank you so much ma'am for this course.

By Rohit R

Aug 11, 2020

This course is very interesting I learn lot of things .actually I need this course i want to learn web development but don't know from where to start then I choose this course . Thank You Coursera and Mam

By Ryan R

Sep 30, 2017

Definitely gives you the stepping stones to start implementing your css scripts externally, as well as challenging you to some serious website styling with drop down menus and tables. Thank you Professor!

By Claudia B V

Jul 23, 2016

I liked this better than the HTML 5 course, I thought the lessons were easier to follow and all the resources presented are very useful and interesting, plus CSS3 in itself is a wonderful tool. Thank you!

By Giji V

Feb 7, 2016

The material in course was presented very clearly with lots of coding examples. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn CSS3.

Colleen van Lent was very effective in the delivery of the lectures.

By Daria G

May 16, 2020

This was such a great opportunity for me to get acquainted with CSS3! This course is perfect for beginners, very engaging and interactive. I loved working on the assignments. I only wish there were more!

By Niharika

Mar 19, 2020

I am so happy to be registered with this course! The lectures are simple to understand and explain all the basic concepts clearly. By the help of this course I am able to improve web development skills.

By Ayush S

Jul 21, 2020

Great Course . I am happy that my instructor was always honest that she could not teach everything because of which I could learn some extra tags on my own with the help of links provided by instructor

By MITTAPELLI R K

Sep 26, 2020

By Keidzh S

May 30, 2019

The great organizing and structured course. Lectures and extra material provide the knowledge that i need, and peer grated assignment helps to improve it. Thank you for this course.Thank you teacher!

By RØgÑêX G

Aug 17, 2020

I am extremely happy to be able to find and complete this course, really it is word 100% learning. The instructor made it to simple to understand and learn by coding and gaining experience together.

By Adil W

Sep 5, 2020

A great course for the beginners who had completed there html course and want to add some style to there website ,well organised really different than other courses.

By Ahmed A

Jun 14, 2020

I came here knowing basically nothing about CSS. I admit that I learned a lot more stuff than I thought CSS even had. It is a wonderful course, and I am definitely continuing the specialization.

By Thea M M

Oct 16, 2016

If you are new to HTML and CSS3, this is a great course. You are not given everything and you have to do work outside of what is given in the class, but I was able to learn a lot in this course!

By Mynor Z

May 3, 2020

Great course. It puts you on track for the styling part of a site and helps you understand what you are actually doing. The professor give a lot of additional resources for further development.

By ANKIT S

Sep 3, 2019

I will rate this course as outstanding because I learnt a lot in this course because of the great teaching methods. I have learnt that how can I make my website beautiful by applying CSS to it.

By Claudia B

Jan 12, 2017

I liked the course very much, the teacher is very dedicated, step by step, she encourages us to experiment and try new things, and she gives us very useful advices and tips. Thank you so much!