Back to Introduction to CSS3

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to CSS3 by University of Michigan

The web today is almost unrecognizable from the early days of white pages with lists of blue links. Now, sites are designed with complex layouts, unique fonts, and customized color schemes. This course will show you the basics of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3). The emphasis will be on learning how to write CSS rules, how to test code, and how to establish good programming habits. When done correctly, the styling of a webpage can take enhance your page. When done incorrectly the result can be worse than no styling at all. To ensure that your sites do not put up barriers for people with cognitive and/or physical disabilities, you will learn how to evaluate pages using the standardized POUR accessibility guidelines. Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to sketch a design for a given HTML page. Using that design they will use CSS to implement the design by adding fonts, colors, and layouts. This is the second course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. Subsequent courses focus on adding interaction with JavaScript and enhancing the styling with responsive design. It will be difficult to complete this course if you do not have access to a laptop or desktop computer for the homework....

MK
Sep 25, 2020

This course is a recommendable for all beginners who are interested in designing and styling their web pages. The whole course is interesting and challenging at the end of the course and I enjoyed it.

NP

Excellent course! Well paced and the course really builds skills in using CSS3! Highly recommend this course to anyone looking to get a good grounding in CSS or who wants to go over the basics again.

126 - 150 of 1,571 Reviews for Introduction to CSS3

By Niharika

Mar 18, 2020

I am so happy to be registered with this course! The lectures are simple to understand and explain all the basic concepts clearly. By the help of this course I am able to improve web development skills.

By Ayush S

Jul 21, 2020

Great Course . I am happy that my instructor was always honest that she could not teach everything because of which I could learn some extra tags on my own with the help of links provided by instructor

By MITTAPELLI R K

Sep 26, 2020

By Keidzh S

May 30, 2019

The great organizing and structured course. Lectures and extra material provide the knowledge that i need, and peer grated assignment helps to improve it. Thank you for this course.Thank you teacher!

By ρяϊи̃ςε ѕ

Aug 17, 2020

I am extremely happy to be able to find and complete this course, really it is word 100% learning. The instructor made it to simple to understand and learn by coding and gaining experience together.

By Adil W

Sep 5, 2020

A great course for the beginners who had completed there html course and want to add some style to there website ,well organised really different than other courses.

By Ahmed M A

Jun 14, 2020

I came here knowing basically nothing about CSS. I admit that I learned a lot more stuff than I thought CSS even had. It is a wonderful course, and I am definitely continuing the specialization.

By Thea M M

Oct 16, 2016

If you are new to HTML and CSS3, this is a great course. You are not given everything and you have to do work outside of what is given in the class, but I was able to learn a lot in this course!

By Mynor Z

May 3, 2020

Great course. It puts you on track for the styling part of a site and helps you understand what you are actually doing. The professor give a lot of additional resources for further development.

By ANKIT S

Sep 3, 2019

I will rate this course as outstanding because I learnt a lot in this course because of the great teaching methods. I have learnt that how can I make my website beautiful by applying CSS to it.

By Claudia B

Jan 12, 2017

I liked the course very much, the teacher is very dedicated, step by step, she encourages us to experiment and try new things, and she gives us very useful advices and tips. Thank you so much!

By Anne T G

Feb 25, 2016

This was challenging, but interesting, engaging, and I learned a lot about the different ways to style elements on a page. I feel pretty confident in making my own web page after this course.

By AFIFAH K

Aug 13, 2020

This course is really great because their module/curriculum is easy to follow even for absolute beginners. Besides, the good spirit of the teachers/professors spread to its online students :)

By moussa a m

May 2, 2020

the instructor was really awesome , the content was so helpful and enjoyable ... my English is not good enough to say what i feel now .. i wish Allah bless you all and slam ......../Egypt

Nov 1, 2015

I can't believe I learnt that much!! Thank very much for offering so much quality in your courses and let everyone to be part of it, even if someone can't afford the certificate. Thank you!

By Wilfredo E S S

Dec 30, 2019

I recomend the course it gives you the basic knowledge of ccs3, the teacher and the materials, as well as the asignments are great and very fun to do.

Thanks Coursera for the economic help.

By Brandon K

May 1, 2019

This course won't make you a Designer, but it will give you a solid understanding of CSS. Comparing this course to other resources, it's one of the better ones I've found. Worth the $50.

By Leah D

Sep 7, 2016

This was a great intro to CSS for a non-programmer. I felt like I could make so many changes to a site after this course that now I want to know how I can do more! On to the next course!

By Aisha S

Jul 5, 2020

Great to learn the basic concept of CSS which make me understand how the stylesheet work and how to find out our materials and resources to strength our web design skills. Thanks a lot!

By Viale V

Dec 9, 2017

Great chance to learn by doing.

Colleen van Lent is very understandable and motivating. The final page looks good and I feel I can retain a high percentage of what we saw in the course.

By Dana M

Mar 10, 2016

I loved this class. Colleen did a great job in explaining, teasing, and enticing us to learn more about CSS3. I had no idea that all this power was available to me. Thanks, Colleen!

By Dushyant M

Aug 10, 2016

Very helpful introductory course to get one started to make beautiful-looking web pages. The instructor is friendly and paces each lesson perfectly. All in all a very good experience.

By Bhavesh

I am pursuing BTech form CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF HARYANA and joining this course firm not only to gain knowledge but also to get some real-life experiences for my bright future ahead.

By Anisha D

Sep 17, 2020

Absolutely loved the course! It was interactive and was taught with utmost patience. Thank You for this wonderful introduction into the world of CSS, and in fact, webdev as whole!

By Jacob B

Jan 6, 2016

As a beginner, this is a must take course! Dr. Colleen van Lent is excellent at hitting the right points, delivering the right content at the right time. Easy for anyone to learn.