Back to Introduction to CSS3

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to CSS3 by University of Michigan

The web today is almost unrecognizable from the early days of white pages with lists of blue links. Now, sites are designed with complex layouts, unique fonts, and customized color schemes. This course will show you the basics of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3). The emphasis will be on learning how to write CSS rules, how to test code, and how to establish good programming habits. When done correctly, the styling of a webpage can take enhance your page. When done incorrectly the result can be worse than no styling at all. To ensure that your sites do not put up barriers for people with cognitive and/or physical disabilities, you will learn how to evaluate pages using the standardized POUR accessibility guidelines. Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to sketch a design for a given HTML page. Using that design they will use CSS to implement the design by adding fonts, colors, and layouts. This is the second course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. Subsequent courses focus on adding interaction with JavaScript and enhancing the styling with responsive design. It will be difficult to complete this course if you do not have access to a laptop or desktop computer for the homework....

GC
Dec 19, 2020

This course helped me hone my CSS skills. Even though I had some knowledge on the subject, I understood and practiced many things that I had difficulty understanding before. Thanks, Professor Colleen.

MK
Sep 25, 2020

This course is a recommendable for all beginners who are interested in designing and styling their web pages. The whole course is interesting and challenging at the end of the course and I enjoyed it.

1576 - 1600 of 1,621 Reviews for Introduction to CSS3

By Boris L

Jan 12, 2016

good

By Shivannagari S

Jul 17, 2020

Nyc

By MD J H

4.3

By Ashutosh M

Feb 10, 2019

By Amy E

Jun 22, 2016

This course is a good start if you already have a little experience with CSS. As a neophyte, I found that there was too much material for the amount of presentation time. I needed many more examples and exercises. I felt dejected each time the instructor said not to worry about getting it right and just experiment -- that's easy to say if you aren't being graded. The fact is that the material is extensive and often complicated, and it's imperative for me, as a student, to be correct as fast as possible. The result is that my grade (A) does not reflect my comprehension of the material. I managed to commit the material presented to short term memory so that I could pass the course, but as always happens when someone crams, the information is gone from my head.

By Gary C

Dec 16, 2020

This course is an okay introduction to CSS. The best part of this course is the Instructor. She is enthusiastic about the course material and her explanations are generally very good. I do think the course could be more thorough, and it could use more formal coding exercises and assessments. Some of the content seems a little dated (e.g., browser-specific coding, and using float rather than the newer flex which is simpler and more reliable).

By Diane K

Nov 30, 2015

Good overview, but very detailed and definitely not for beginners - especially due to a lack of personal attention. I have had to supplement a lot of the material I missed through other resources. Still, a fairly good overview of CSS3 for those who already have a little understanding.

By Derek L

Aug 26, 2018

Very introductory and much of the content does not actually help with learning. More condensed content would be better but I am also not the intended audience for this course since I have previous programming experience.

By Neeshu S

Jan 29, 2016

Missing key examples and explanation of so many terms a good try though I appreciate their effort to provide free knowledge.

By Neha P

Oct 22, 2020

This course is very interesting i suggest to those who really want to build a carrer in web developing they should do this

By Cristian S R

Dec 5, 2015

Very well explained. I think the professor is very good. But I expected to dive a little more in some details.

By Soheyl S

Aug 4, 2020

Da CSS3 ein sehr komplexer Themenbereich ist hätte ich mir mehr Videos mit Praxis-Übungen gewünscht.

By ABEL D P

Jul 12, 2020

Need to be made more specific and in depth so that it can enhance the knowledge of the learners.

By Pranjal G

Apr 8, 2020

I think the content can be more informative with more coding example .

By Lokesh N

Feb 23, 2020

can include more videos on styling and more tags on html like forms

By MD A H

Jan 8, 2021

Good course. It's like academic course. Good for beginners.

Nov 4, 2017

continue aneducation through coursera is very good

By Shantanu S

Jul 8, 2020

IT IS GOOD FOR BEGINNNERS AND HAVE A GREAT COURSE

By hari h n

Jun 17, 2020

It's good if she explained every code clearly.

By Girish D K

Aug 4, 2020

Need to explain in more detail in videos.

By Mayank S T

Jun 2, 2020

the explanation of everything is not good

By Axel R

Mar 31, 2019

It took far too long to get Peer-graded

By Rahul G

Aug 12, 2016

Its a good course but I expect more..

By Khaled A A

Nov 26, 2016

Contain could been more in depth.

By Md A Z

Jul 3, 2020

There were no flexbox or grid