Back to Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM

This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity. You will learn the history of Cybersecurity, types and motives of cyber attacks to further your knowledge of current threats to organizations and individuals. Key terminology, basic system concepts and tools will be examined as an introduction to the Cybersecurity field. You will learn about critical thinking and its importance to anyone looking to pursue a career in Cybersecurity. Finally, you will begin to learn about organizations and resources to further research cybersecurity issues in the Modern era. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Cybersecurity or as the first course in a series of courses to acquire the skills to work in the Cybersecurity field as a Jr Cybersecurity Analyst. The completion of this course also makes you eligible to earn the Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks IBM digital badge. More information about the badge can be found https://www.youracclaim.com/org/ibm/badge/introduction-to-cybersecurity-tools-cyber-attacks...

RV

Dec 24, 2020

If you want to learn cybersecurity and you have no idea about that. Then this is the best course which covers all the basic topics and provide you a best knowledge about cybersecurity and their tools.

GV

Aug 14, 2020

The reading link to Week 03's Framework and their purpose is Broken. Please Fix it. Everything else seemed perfect. I would recommend this course for people who think of starting their careers in CyS.

76 - 100 of 2,958 Reviews for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

By PUNURU B P R

Jul 5, 2020

good

By Jacques S

Feb 7, 2020

Der Kurs deckt ein breites Specktrum ab, geht aber nicht sehr in die Tiefe. Nichts desto trotz wird auf interessante Resourcen im Web verwiesen um die Themen noch selbst weiter vertiefen zu können. Zudem wird auch immer mal wieder auf IBM Spezifische Resourcen (z.B. IBM X-Force) verwiesen, was keinen grossen Mehrwert bringt.

Die Audio Qualität könnte besser sein und Slides mit Comic Sans Schriftart wirken teils wenig professionell.

By Jeffery B A S I

Sep 23, 2021

Very informative, but could use examples that the students could work out. Also, if we don't pass a test, show what the incorrect answers are so we can properly correct ourselves.

By Gurunand P

May 2, 2021

I am extremely dissatisfied with the content of this course and the quality of the materials in this course. I have taken a few other courses in the past and had a lot of expectations from this one, considering it is by IBM and is a paid course. I urge you to withdraw this course, unless Coursera/IBM can fully revamp it.

Here are a few points that I would like to bring to your attention, as feedback. If you visit the forum, you will notice that many students have expressed similar concerns:

1. Quality of the videos:

These videos can use significant improvements. It would be best to record these from scratch.

As others have mentioned, the audio quality is bad, the video is subpar and the presentation skills of the presenter can use vast improvements (in many cases, not all). It is hard to believe that this came from IBM.

2. Quality of the materials:

The content is not up to the mark. The recording/audio quality is bad, with background noises in many. The material does not even do justice to the relevant subject.

Here is an example - Compare this video https://coursera.org/share/791e68b6357d5e9c8ca5b8a7165dc22a with this one (on YouTube), also by IBM: https://youtu.be/z503nLsfe5s

3. You are charging for this course and I would reconsider taking it or recommend it to someone, even if it were free.

4. More on the content:

The content is from a few years ago and may not have been updated.

I see different dates on slides (2018, 2019, etc.) which also tells me that the they were not created for this course. It is a mix-and-match from different IBM presentations. The slide numbers mentioned by the presenter sometimes do not match the actual number.

5. Forums seem to be unmonitored:

I barely see moderators assisting with the questions.

What I am stating here is nothing new and other students have provided similar feedback but no response or action over months.

6. Links to download reading materials:

Many of the materials that I have seen so far need one to signup or register to download/view materials. IBM should have provided direct links instead of requesting one to register by providing a bunch of information.

7. I could not believe that this is an ad by IBM - a well made video, I must add: https://coursera.org/share/b93f3b1f0c5748cfd27904a013332b6c

I hope this helps you and also other students who may be considering this course - I am aware that they may not see this feedback.

Thanks

- Guru

By Stephan S

Jan 30, 2021

This course succeeded in giving rudimentary introduction to some key concepts in cybersecurity. Regrettably, the audio quality is fairly poor in many places and the explanations of concepts are often extremely cursory -- in some cases limited strictly to basic vocabulary definitions without accompanying details about their purpose or importance. The selection of lecturers from different disciplines adds interest but ultimately the mishmash of different lessons with different slides decks and presentation styles from different perspectives gives a somewhat disorganized feel. Occasional typographic errors and omissions have slipped through, (including, ironically, leaving out the word 'security' when spelling out OWASP). Finally, the quiz questions frequently felt as if they were composed by someone without strong understanding of the subject.

By Hajar I

Apr 30, 2022

Audio system sucks! Teachers talk but I can't hear anything. Explanations aren't good enough. You should provide your teachers with good microphone!

By Thomas G

Feb 7, 2022

T​errible sound quality

By Timur U

Jun 20, 2020

Although the content of this course was important and crucial in the real IT lifestyle, some weaknesses should be mentioned. First of all, the technical support of chapters is not at an acceptable level. Sound disruption was too much. The second one, the tutoring approach. I believe that IBM will invite the professional tutors for this important course. Speach of some tutors was incoherent and not organized. I respect all tutors who tried to explain some complicated definitions easier, but probably, they know what does it mean but cannot explain it. It is a presentation skill that they need to improve or invite someone who has these skills. The last one is the assessment stage, some questions were included in module 1 but the information was in the last module only. It is confusing for learners. I wish all the best to the IBM learning team and hope these comments will be useful for further education process and business itself.

By 354_SYIT_DEV

Nov 3, 2020

it's very boring from my POV

By Youssef S

Aug 7, 2020

Too short video lectures.

By Gustavo A R D

too bad

Oct 10, 2020

By RAJAN M

Nov 29, 2020

This is one of my dream course which i wanted to learn about cyber-security since my childhood however, i belongs to middle class family and i was unable to afford any fees to any institute even a little amount but, my all dream got possible by requesting the financial aid to coursera ,luckily my financial aid got accepted, i personally wants to thanks coursera to maintaining this platform for all those stundents who wants to learn something new and wanna do something into there life but always money become a barrier for following their dreams, THANK YOU SO MUCH coursera once again it was impossible without you it only got possible by enrolled myself on your website with the help of financial aid.

By Sajeeth A

Nov 24, 2021

I​ have got to know many terminologies after the course and my skills of auditing and governance has been improved. After that, the instructors are so dmmn pretty awesome, my favourite past of this course is the critical thinking part I love that section a lot. I have found some difficulties while learning about the network based topics cause of my lack of acknowledgement in that particular topic and I have to work for it as well. The cryptography parts are so awesome and recommended reading materials are so wonderfull as well. I enjoyed this course much Thanks coursera and IBM

By Edwin Q

May 15, 2022

This course have being quite interesting and it give plenty of resources in order to continue diving into the field of cybersecurity. However, is just an introduction as mentioned on the theme of the course. It goes really into the surface of certain informations such as, professions in the cybersecurity field and what everything consist.

No Hands-On just educational and undestanding history and areas of cybersecurity and attacks. Always consist of also you doing your own search (Helps to understand things better if completely new like me into the cybersecurity theme).

By Eduard P

Dec 27, 2020

To my mind, it is extremely good course for people who dont know about cybersecurity.This course will help you understand essentials of cybersecurity and different roles in this area,For me it was really difficult to learn this,because of my level of english.I dont have a high level and I dont understand different meaning of words.But you can to turn on subtitles on your native language.It will help you. Although, it is extremely great opportunity to start your career and know something more about cybersecurity.I want to delve into this area.Thanks for this course.

By Anas A

Sep 25, 2020

I love cybersecurity field and learning more about it, despite of my long working hours during the week which makes a real challenge to me. I realized that I was drowning in a mess of information and concepts about cybersecurity, but today I have found my path where all information and concepts are organized according to a scientific and experimental method.

Thank you IBM for this great course, and I'll continue this path and register in all security courses that IBM provides.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll be a member of X-Force team.

By Victor V

Dec 23, 2021

It is a really good course to learn the foundations of cybersecurity. It provides you with a overall view of the cybersecurity, the main thread actors and different architectures of attack and their corresponding defense mechanishms. Also, there is quite a lot about legal aspects and security policies. After completion, i personally can say i understand quite a lot more than when started. I definitively recommend it if you are looking for a good start. Oh, one more thing, it is very well explain by the instructors. So, well done!