Back to Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM

This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity. You will learn the history of Cybersecurity, types and motives of cyber attacks to further your knowledge of current threats to organizations and individuals. Key terminology, basic system concepts and tools will be examined as an introduction to the Cybersecurity field. You will learn about critical thinking and its importance to anyone looking to pursue a career in Cybersecurity. Finally, you will begin to learn about organizations and resources to further research cybersecurity issues in the Modern era. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Cybersecurity or as the first course in a series of courses to acquire the skills to work in the Cybersecurity field as a Jr Cybersecurity Analyst. The completion of this course also makes you eligible to earn the Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks IBM digital badge. More information about the badge can be found https://www.youracclaim.com/org/ibm/badge/introduction-to-cybersecurity-tools-cyber-attacks...

GV
Aug 14, 2020

The reading link to Week 03's Framework and their purpose is Broken. Please Fix it. Everything else seemed perfect. I would recommend this course for people who think of starting their careers in CyS.

RV
Dec 24, 2020

If you want to learn cybersecurity and you have no idea about that. Then this is the best course which covers all the basic topics and provide you a best knowledge about cybersecurity and their tools.

76 - 100 of 2,260 Reviews for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

By Soumik P J

Trash

Oct 10, 2020

By RAJAN M

Nov 29, 2020

This is one of my dream course which i wanted to learn about cyber-security since my childhood however, i belongs to middle class family and i was unable to afford any fees to any institute even a little amount but, my all dream got possible by requesting the financial aid to coursera ,luckily my financial aid got accepted, i personally wants to thanks coursera to maintaining this platform for all those stundents who wants to learn something new and wanna do something into there life but always money become a barrier for following their dreams, THANK YOU SO MUCH coursera once again it was impossible without you it only got possible by enrolled myself on your website with the help of financial aid.

By Sajeeth A

Nov 24, 2021

I​ have got to know many terminologies after the course and my skills of auditing and governance has been improved. After that, the instructors are so dmmn pretty awesome, my favourite past of this course is the critical thinking part I love that section a lot. I have found some difficulties while learning about the network based topics cause of my lack of acknowledgement in that particular topic and I have to work for it as well. The cryptography parts are so awesome and recommended reading materials are so wonderfull as well. I enjoyed this course much Thanks coursera and IBM

By Eduard P

Dec 27, 2020

To my mind, it is extremely good course for people who dont know about cybersecurity.This course will help you understand essentials of cybersecurity and different roles in this area,For me it was really difficult to learn this,because of my level of english.I dont have a high level and I dont understand different meaning of words.But you can to turn on subtitles on your native language.It will help you. Although, it is extremely great opportunity to start your career and know something more about cybersecurity.I want to delve into this area.Thanks for this course.

By Anas A

Sep 25, 2020

I love cybersecurity field and learning more about it, despite of my long working hours during the week which makes a real challenge to me. I realized that I was drowning in a mess of information and concepts about cybersecurity, but today I have found my path where all information and concepts are organized according to a scientific and experimental method.

Thank you IBM for this great course, and I'll continue this path and register in all security courses that IBM provides.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll be a member of X-Force team.

By Nkechi O

Aug 25, 2021

The course is quite an interesting one!eno However, some of the presenters are audible enough in their presentations. What helped me was that I usually download the text of the presentation, print and read for proper understanding.

I am really so happy and grateful to God to have earned my first IBM certificate for the first part of the course! This gives me a lot of encouragement and motivation to continue with the rest of course and I hope to do my best in order to also earn the rest of the certificates.

By Raul P

Aug 31, 2020

Excelente curso, lo recomiendo 100%. Contiene conceptos fundamentales de ciberseguridad ideales para introducirse en este campo estudio. Mejoraría algunos aspectos de audio, sin embargo, eso no le resta calidad al contenido técnico impartido. Los instructores son de alto nivel académico y con gran experiencia en su área de desempeño. El curso ofrece una variedad de referencias electrónicas para expandir la informacion. Me dejo totalmente entusiasmado en tomar el segundo módulo de esta especialización.

By God B Y

i learnt lot of things from this course really a very interesting and useful in cyber security field, i am form India and live in rural and internet speed is too slow and in this lock down more and more access of internet by a large number of persons , it become almost impossible to attend course in day time so i completed this course by being wake in whole night but i did it and really i enjoyed it lot. again thank you so much team coursera and mentor of this course.

By Vlad W

Sep 23, 2020

Great course to understand the fundamentals of the current field. I'd say it's more business-oriented and you won't find much technical knowledge. But if you want to jump into the Cybersecurity world - you can't miss this course. A lot of great resources and general information with examples will definitely make your future explorations easier. Thanks a lot!

p.s. special thanks to Kenneth Gonzalez as his lessons in my opinion were most entertaining and interesting.

By Ananya S

Aug 15, 2021

I found this course invaluable. I got to know about the history of cybersecurity, key concepts & key security tools, operating systems and cryptography too. It emphasizes critical thinking as well as the different categories of attackers, and the incident response.

This course provides the crucial fundamental knowledge about cybersecurity. Although subtitles are available, the video and audio quality is poor in some of the modules.

Thank you IBM and Coursera.

By Shwet S

Jun 2, 2021

I was keen interested in learning and gaining knowledge related to Cyber Security and its workings from beginning. After availing this course on Coursera, I was really very excited to learn with IBM. The course was very comprehensive and easy to understand. The instructors made sure that they are giving the information in a way that won't make me confused. I found this course really useful and extremely valuable.

Thank you so much for this great course!

By A B

Mar 14, 2021

II found the course very appropriate for both those who want to start their journey in the area of security and for those who just want to have knowledge about this area.

The course is very accessible because it does not require prior knowledge, although it is an asset to be familiar with computer terms.

The only thing to point out is the fact that in some videos some words are not understood due to "noise" in the communication.

By Pavarna S

Aug 29, 2020

I am thanking Coursera and IBM for providing such a knowledgeable course. It has enhance my knowledge. Those technical definitions with real time examples made me to get involve in this course deeply. I am spending my time usefully using Coursera. My college syllabus is not much deeper in technical and real time implementations. Thus I have started to study Coursera. I would like to share this wonderful MOOC site to everyone.

By Aaheli B

Oct 3, 2021

An extremely informative course on cyber attacks, threats, malware, phishing and all concepts related to cyber security and cyber attacks. As a data privacy and IP Lawyer I have gained exhaustive knowledge on different skills and situations required by a security professional. This course is a must to learn and combat cyber crime for entrepreneur, professionals, lawyers and anyone interested learn about cyber security.

By Gerard J A

May 10, 2021

This course was just, wow! Truly useful information. I've always been into Cybersecurity soi decided to dive in. This is one of my first certificates on coursera, and this organization makes it so easy to study anytime, work at your own pace, and provide just as much wealth in knowledge as my classroom sessions. I highly recommend this course as IBM hit the nail on the dot here! Thank you for having me!

By Divin J

Sep 3, 2020

A well-detailed course that provides a bird's eye view of the entire cybersecurity domain. It's very beneficial for people who plan to start a career in CYbersecurity.

Lessons provided by the security architect is quite beneficial. If the audio quality of his lessons would have been slightly better, it would make the process of understanding concepts bit easier.

By Lakeside D

Oct 11, 2021

I'm so glad I discovered this course! IBM has been a leader in cybersecurity for a long time, and I have been looking to break into this field for a while. This course was the perfect introduction to the subject and I feel confident that it's going to help me learn what I need in order to become job-ready for a cybersecurity analyst position.

By A.M I H A

Aug 17, 2020

This course is a great starting point to the cyber security technologies. Here in this course I personally learned about key technologies like encryption methodologies, digital forensic and tools, IT auditing processes, and other useful things. The instructors are highly experienced. They providing a good understanding of each topic.

By Adarsh P

Sep 2, 2020

Information about various valuable resources regarding Cybersecurity was shared (e.g FFIEC IT Handbook InfoBase, PTES Technical Guidelines, Security Testing, Validation & Measurement, etc) along with the basic understanding of each fundamental concept in Cybersecurity (e.g. CIA Triad, Security Compliances, Crypto attacks, etc)