Back to Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM

This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity. You will learn the history of Cybersecurity, types and motives of cyber attacks to further your knowledge of current threats to organizations and individuals. Key terminology, basic system concepts and tools will be examined as an introduction to the Cybersecurity field. You will learn about critical thinking and its importance to anyone looking to pursue a career in Cybersecurity. Finally, you will begin to learn about organizations and resources to further research cybersecurity issues in the Modern era. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Cybersecurity or as the first course in a series of courses to acquire the skills to work in the Cybersecurity field as a Jr Cybersecurity Analyst. The completion of this course also makes you eligible to earn the Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks IBM digital badge. More information about the badge can be found https://www.youracclaim.com/org/ibm/badge/introduction-to-cybersecurity-tools-cyber-attacks...

RV
Dec 24, 2020

If you want to learn cybersecurity and you have no idea about that. Then this is the best course which covers all the basic topics and provide you a best knowledge about cybersecurity and their tools.

GV
Aug 14, 2020

The reading link to Week 03's Framework and their purpose is Broken. Please Fix it. Everything else seemed perfect. I would recommend this course for people who think of starting their careers in CyS.

101 - 125 of 2,274 Reviews for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

By Hayagrish B

Jun 26, 2020

I loved how all the details were very relevant to today's technological advancements. The instructors were really patient and knew the most updated details which they share with students in this course. I'm really glad to have taken this course up and help my career grow! Thank you IBM and Coursera for a wonderful opportunity.

By La V D S

Apr 9, 2021

Hi,

Hope this finds you well.

I just complete the module introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks and I want to say thanks a lot for the quality services you are offering to the humanity with a very comprehensive cost.

I wanted to know if I am qualifies for the budge and how can I get it?

Best regards

La vie Sengea

By Abdul-Rehman

May 9, 2021

Best course for getting started in CyberSecurity. This course provides you the basic knowledge to boost your career in cybersecurity. Before this course, I know nothing about cybersecurity. After this course, I am able to understand basically what is cybersecurity? why we need it? I would recommend taking this course.

By Selvaraj P

Nov 5, 2020

Simple admire cyber security online course. so much convenient to go through in steps. Each sections and topics was so attached. Able to complete in advance. Completion given me more energy and positivity in accruing Cyber Domain knowledge.

Thanks lot to IBM for initiative and Coursera to provide us in presentable way

By juan

Jun 20, 2020

Excellently packed information. Great information and also great further references. A lot of independent research and readings have to be done in order to understand all the topics thoroughly, and taking notes is also crucial. Despite one or two inconveniences with the audio or quizzes, this is a pretty good course.

By FREDERIC C

Aug 1, 2021

I found myself quite passionate about this area of knowledge. Though I had a very basic knowledge of it, I did learn a lot more than expected just through the introduction : cryptography, forensics, the tools needed for them. I want to keep up till the end. Many thanks for your efforts to provide me these courses.

By Jennifer E A

This course was fantastic! I read in the forums some complainers but I had no issues understanding the instructors and thought they did a wonderful job explaining this wonderful field. I look forward to learning as much as I can! Thank you, Coursera for helping me one step closer to a better life!

Jennifer A.

By Erick G G

Jul 27, 2021

Estoy muy motivado, por su metodología de estudio, practica y dinamica , vengo aprendiendo conceptos nuevos que lindo el conocimiento. Agradecer a las EMPRESAS Coursera y IBM por esta gran oportunidad a futuro aspiro desarrollar y aportar a sector de la CIBERSEGURIDAD. Gracias por esta oportunidad.

By Ashok K

Dec 23, 2020

It is great course. The security is needed in every field. The cybersecurity is very important in our digital world. This introductory course teaches various aspects of cyber security. It is very interesting to learn. This course is good foundation to learn more in Cyber Security in further courses.

By Noel B

Mar 6, 2021

AN EXCELLENT INTRODUCTION TO A WIDE VARIETY OF TOPICS, BUT JUST SPECIFIC ENOUGH TO PROVIDE ENOUGH INFORMATION ON EACH TOPIC, TO BE HIGHLY-INFORMATIVE. EACH VIDEO LESSON WAS WELL THOUGHT OUT, NOTHING IMPROMPTU TOOK PLACE, AND THE WHOLE SERIES SEEMED VERY GOAL-MINDED. FOR ME, THIS IS PERFECT!

By Ron S

May 7, 2020

Great Introductory course. Would have been useful if videos of simulated Cyber attacks in lab environment could have been demo'd which would have added further value to this great course. Some speakers were hard to understand. Some of the transcripts are inaccurate and needs to be reviewed.

By Georgia C

Dec 14, 2020

A really good course. If you are not a beginner level I still encourage you to enroll in this course in order to refresh your knowledge. In week 3 I noticed some sound quality issues and that the only "negative" thing I can find. In general, the content was good for an introductory course.

By James

Jul 16, 2020

The course was delivered excellently.

The content was logically presented.

Practice tests were useful and provided for good learning opportunities prior to the graded tests.

The web page interface was seamless and the videos were always clear and to the point.

I recommend this course highly.

By Suri S V S Y R

Jul 27, 2020

Overall a very informative course, but very heavy on the content in terms of theory. But given the field I would say its an apt one. Some of the instruction at times were not clear but the readings are very good and useful. Lastly, the quizzes are well made and help nail the key points

By Franklin G V

Jul 15, 2020

It's has been a very good training to formally start in the Cybersecurity world. Very abundant and clear concepts guide by excellent instructors. I am highly motivated to continue the other related courses until I get the professional certification. Many thanks IBM and Coursera

By Albert W

This course has actually help and build my confidence in Cybersecurity and attacks, also to know what digital Forensics, Hackers, advance Encryption, Cryptography attacks, Firewalls etc means and i hope this will get me on a solid ground in becoming a Cybersecurity specialist.

By Muhammad U K

Nov 7, 2021

i really enjoyed it and it was very informative definitely will add to my portfolio and make me stand out. it helped me understand how vital cybersecurity is in the current day and time and made me understand my passion for it as well. thank you IBM for this amazing course !

By Kingsley A M

Aug 24, 2021

This course has given me the basics as well as the confidence to begin studying for the Network+ exams. I will continue to use this platform to supplement my study materials before testing. Thanks to Google I can say I have a working knowledge of the Cybersecurity industry.

By Sadam H

Sep 18, 2020

I understand lot of things like, types of firewalls how its working,lot of cyber security tools and one of the best thing latest updates about cybersecurity threats, and there sites, where we can view reports.

Iam very thankfull to my teaches who help me in this course.

By Jeff J

Jan 16, 2020

Great introduction to major areas of cybersecurity. This course was a great review of the most important areas of cybersecurity for someone wanting to know more or get started in the field. Cheers and thanks to the creators of this course! Warm regards, Jeff Jackson

By Dammeion C

Nov 3, 2021

I am very new to all this. I loved the course layout, presentation and user friendly process!! I was afraid to try this because I know so little but now I feel much more confident in this journey. Thank you for the opportunity to try something new and so exciting!!

By k K

Jul 30, 2020

In some videos. audio or course instructor language is not fully audible. Please correct that, Other than that , course content. structure and presentation , everything is good. Happy to have attended this course and learnt fundamentals of cyber security in detail.

By lai y

Feb 23, 2021

It was a awesome experience for me to start my Cyber Security career , in this course I learnt a lot of technical syntax and knowledges to further my step to my target, i will continue the next course until obtain the Professional of Cyber Security of Certificate

By Fernando P L P

Sep 13, 2020

I really appreciated this course, I'm wordless to express how happy I am because I learned a lot. The teaches are very good, the way you structured the contents of this course is something very interesting. Thank you Course and IBM for this big opportunity.

By Saravanan R

May 7, 2020

I am really lucky to got the information from the domain expert teams.

The content was clear and easy to understand.

There was also an introduction session for every video which brought me to understand the objectives of watching that particular video.