Back to Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM

This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity. You will learn the history of Cybersecurity, types and motives of cyber attacks to further your knowledge of current threats to organizations and individuals. Key terminology, basic system concepts and tools will be examined as an introduction to the Cybersecurity field. You will learn about critical thinking and its importance to anyone looking to pursue a career in Cybersecurity. Finally, you will begin to learn about organizations and resources to further research cybersecurity issues in the Modern era. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Cybersecurity or as the first course in a series of courses to acquire the skills to work in the Cybersecurity field as a Jr Cybersecurity Analyst. The completion of this course also makes you eligible to earn the Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks IBM digital badge. More information about the badge can be found https://www.youracclaim.com/org/ibm/badge/introduction-to-cybersecurity-tools-cyber-attacks...

RV

Dec 24, 2020

If you want to learn cybersecurity and you have no idea about that. Then this is the best course which covers all the basic topics and provide you a best knowledge about cybersecurity and their tools.

GV

Aug 14, 2020

The reading link to Week 03's Framework and their purpose is Broken. Please Fix it. Everything else seemed perfect. I would recommend this course for people who think of starting their careers in CyS.

126 - 150 of 2,961 Reviews for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

By FREDERIC C

Aug 1, 2021

I found myself quite passionate about this area of knowledge. Though I had a very basic knowledge of it, I did learn a lot more than expected just through the introduction : cryptography, forensics, the tools needed for them. I want to keep up till the end. Many thanks for your efforts to provide me these courses.

By Jennifer E A

This course was fantastic! I read in the forums some complainers but I had no issues understanding the instructors and thought they did a wonderful job explaining this wonderful field. I look forward to learning as much as I can! Thank you, Coursera for helping me one step closer to a better life!

Jennifer A.

By Erick G G

Jul 27, 2021

Estoy muy motivado, por su metodología de estudio, practica y dinamica , vengo aprendiendo conceptos nuevos que lindo el conocimiento. Agradecer a las EMPRESAS Coursera y IBM por esta gran oportunidad a futuro aspiro desarrollar y aportar a sector de la CIBERSEGURIDAD. Gracias por esta oportunidad.

By Ashok K

Dec 23, 2020

It is great course. The security is needed in every field. The cybersecurity is very important in our digital world. This introductory course teaches various aspects of cyber security. It is very interesting to learn. This course is good foundation to learn more in Cyber Security in further courses.

By Noel B

Mar 6, 2021

AN EXCELLENT INTRODUCTION TO A WIDE VARIETY OF TOPICS, BUT JUST SPECIFIC ENOUGH TO PROVIDE ENOUGH INFORMATION ON EACH TOPIC, TO BE HIGHLY-INFORMATIVE. EACH VIDEO LESSON WAS WELL THOUGHT OUT, NOTHING IMPROMPTU TOOK PLACE, AND THE WHOLE SERIES SEEMED VERY GOAL-MINDED. FOR ME, THIS IS PERFECT!

By Ron S

May 7, 2020

Great Introductory course. Would have been useful if videos of simulated Cyber attacks in lab environment could have been demo'd which would have added further value to this great course. Some speakers were hard to understand. Some of the transcripts are inaccurate and needs to be reviewed.

By Jesus G

Apr 10, 2022

always been a security focused pc builder, to learn there is groups of super smart people keeping each other advancing new technologies is cool to hear & think about. Was a fun class to sit thru why I fiinished in 9days w/ breaks. But I think most ppl wont think as such lol. good course.

By Georgia C

Dec 14, 2020

A really good course. If you are not a beginner level I still encourage you to enroll in this course in order to refresh your knowledge. In week 3 I noticed some sound quality issues and that the only "negative" thing I can find. In general, the content was good for an introductory course.

By James

Jul 16, 2020

The course was delivered excellently.

The content was logically presented.

Practice tests were useful and provided for good learning opportunities prior to the graded tests.

The web page interface was seamless and the videos were always clear and to the point.

I recommend this course highly.

By Suri S V S Y R

Jul 27, 2020

Overall a very informative course, but very heavy on the content in terms of theory. But given the field I would say its an apt one. Some of the instruction at times were not clear but the readings are very good and useful. Lastly, the quizzes are well made and help nail the key points

By Franklin G V

Jul 15, 2020

It's has been a very good training to formally start in the Cybersecurity world. Very abundant and clear concepts guide by excellent instructors. I am highly motivated to continue the other related courses until I get the professional certification. Many thanks IBM and Coursera

By Albert W

This course has actually help and build my confidence in Cybersecurity and attacks, also to know what digital Forensics, Hackers, advance Encryption, Cryptography attacks, Firewalls etc means and i hope this will get me on a solid ground in becoming a Cybersecurity specialist.

By Osama K

Nov 7, 2021

i really enjoyed it and it was very informative definitely will add to my portfolio and make me stand out. it helped me understand how vital cybersecurity is in the current day and time and made me understand my passion for it as well. thank you IBM for this amazing course !

By K A M

Aug 24, 2021

This course has given me the basics as well as the confidence to begin studying for the Network+ exams. I will continue to use this platform to supplement my study materials before testing. Thanks to Google I can say I have a working knowledge of the Cybersecurity industry.

By Bipin Y

Aug 11, 2022

I will suggest this course to any Cybersecurity Beginner always, because in this the basics of Cybersecurity have been cleared and it is the only one In which you get to watch videos with miniplier, as well as you get to see faciities of multiple teachers, I enjoyed it.

By Sadam H

Sep 18, 2020

I understand lot of things like, types of firewalls how its working,lot of cyber security tools and one of the best thing latest updates about cybersecurity threats, and there sites, where we can view reports.

Iam very thankfull to my teaches who help me in this course.

By SAMSON N

Jul 5, 2022

The modules in this course are essential and pragmatic. I am honored to be a part of Cousera's student database and network. I feel settled whenever i am learning here on the platform, because, the schedule is flexible so there is high morale for continuous learning.

By Aman P

Apr 1, 2022

The course was very comprehensive and easy to understand. The instructors made sure that they are giving the information in a way that won't make me confused. Thank you so much for this great course!

Though there is need to be slight improvement in the audio clarity.

By lakshman d

Mar 13, 2022

M​y name is lakshman das, I am working in amazon werehouse as an security Assigment manager, I have foud this certificate course from Coursera and after completed i have learned so many things, like what is the cyber attacks and how to prevent and use which tools.

By Jeff J

Jan 16, 2020

Great introduction to major areas of cybersecurity. This course was a great review of the most important areas of cybersecurity for someone wanting to know more or get started in the field. Cheers and thanks to the creators of this course! Warm regards, Jeff Jackson

By Dammeion C

Nov 3, 2021

I am very new to all this. I loved the course layout, presentation and user friendly process!! I was afraid to try this because I know so little but now I feel much more confident in this journey. Thank you for the opportunity to try something new and so exciting!!

By k K

Jul 30, 2020

In some videos. audio or course instructor language is not fully audible. Please correct that, Other than that , course content. structure and presentation , everything is good. Happy to have attended this course and learnt fundamentals of cyber security in detail.

By lai y

Feb 23, 2021

It was a awesome experience for me to start my Cyber Security career , in this course I learnt a lot of technical syntax and knowledges to further my step to my target, i will continue the next course until obtain the Professional of Cyber Security of Certificate

By Fernando P L P

Sep 13, 2020

I really appreciated this course, I'm wordless to express how happy I am because I learned a lot. The teaches are very good, the way you structured the contents of this course is something very interesting. Thank you Course and IBM for this big opportunity.

By Holly M

May 27, 2022

Wow what a wonderful amount of information. sometimes the videos were hard to get thru but I took my time and did it in reasonable chunks of time. this is ALOT more interesting than I originally thought it was going to be. this is wonderful thank you IBM!