Back to Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM

This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity. You will learn the history of Cybersecurity, types and motives of cyber attacks to further your knowledge of current threats to organizations and individuals. Key terminology, basic system concepts and tools will be examined as an introduction to the Cybersecurity field. You will learn about critical thinking and its importance to anyone looking to pursue a career in Cybersecurity. Finally, you will begin to learn about organizations and resources to further research cybersecurity issues in the Modern era. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Cybersecurity or as the first course in a series of courses to acquire the skills to work in the Cybersecurity field as a Jr Cybersecurity Analyst. The completion of this course also makes you eligible to earn the Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks IBM digital badge. More information about the badge can be found https://www.youracclaim.com/org/ibm/badge/introduction-to-cybersecurity-tools-cyber-attacks...

RV
Dec 24, 2020

If you want to learn cybersecurity and you have no idea about that. Then this is the best course which covers all the basic topics and provide you a best knowledge about cybersecurity and their tools.

GV
Aug 14, 2020

The reading link to Week 03's Framework and their purpose is Broken. Please Fix it. Everything else seemed perfect. I would recommend this course for people who think of starting their careers in CyS.

51 - 75 of 1,535 Reviews for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

By RAJAN M

Nov 29, 2020

This is one of my dream course which i wanted to learn about cyber-security since my childhood however, i belongs to middle class family and i was unable to afford any fees to any institute even a little amount but, my all dream got possible by requesting the financial aid to coursera ,luckily my financial aid got accepted, i personally wants to thanks coursera to maintaining this platform for all those stundents who wants to learn something new and wanna do something into there life but always money become a barrier for following their dreams, THANK YOU SO MUCH coursera once again it was impossible without you it only got possible by enrolled myself on your website with the help of financial aid.

By Plushch E R

Dec 27, 2020

To my mind, it is extremely good course for people who dont know about cybersecurity.This course will help you understand essentials of cybersecurity and different roles in this area,For me it was really difficult to learn this,because of my level of english.I dont have a high level and I dont understand different meaning of words.But you can to turn on subtitles on your native language.It will help you. Although, it is extremely great opportunity to start your career and know something more about cybersecurity.I want to delve into this area.Thanks for this course.

By Anas A

Sep 25, 2020

I love cybersecurity field and learning more about it, despite of my long working hours during the week which makes a real challenge to me. I realized that I was drowning in a mess of information and concepts about cybersecurity, but today I have found my path where all information and concepts are organized according to a scientific and experimental method.

Thank you IBM for this great course, and I'll continue this path and register in all security courses that IBM provides.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll be a member of X-Force team.

By Raul E P

Aug 31, 2020

Excelente curso, lo recomiendo 100%. Contiene conceptos fundamentales de ciberseguridad ideales para introducirse en este campo estudio. Mejoraría algunos aspectos de audio, sin embargo, eso no le resta calidad al contenido técnico impartido. Los instructores son de alto nivel académico y con gran experiencia en su área de desempeño. El curso ofrece una variedad de referencias electrónicas para expandir la informacion. Me dejo totalmente entusiasmado en tomar el segundo módulo de esta especialización.

By God B Y

i learnt lot of things from this course really a very interesting and useful in cyber security field, i am form India and live in rural and internet speed is too slow and in this lock down more and more access of internet by a large number of persons , it become almost impossible to attend course in day time so i completed this course by being wake in whole night but i did it and really i enjoyed it lot. again thank you so much team coursera and mentor of this course.

By Vlad W

Sep 23, 2020

Great course to understand the fundamentals of the current field. I'd say it's more business-oriented and you won't find much technical knowledge. But if you want to jump into the Cybersecurity world - you can't miss this course. A lot of great resources and general information with examples will definitely make your future explorations easier. Thanks a lot!

p.s. special thanks to Kenneth Gonzalez as his lessons in my opinion were most entertaining and interesting.

By Pavarna S

Aug 29, 2020

I am thanking Coursera and IBM for providing such a knowledgeable course. It has enhance my knowledge. Those technical definitions with real time examples made me to get involve in this course deeply. I am spending my time usefully using Coursera. My college syllabus is not much deeper in technical and real time implementations. Thus I have started to study Coursera. I would like to share this wonderful MOOC site to everyone.

By Divin J

Sep 3, 2020

A well-detailed course that provides a bird's eye view of the entire cybersecurity domain. It's very beneficial for people who plan to start a career in CYbersecurity.

Lessons provided by the security architect is quite beneficial. If the audio quality of his lessons would have been slightly better, it would make the process of understanding concepts bit easier.

By A.M I H A

Aug 17, 2020

This course is a great starting point to the cyber security technologies. Here in this course I personally learned about key technologies like encryption methodologies, digital forensic and tools, IT auditing processes, and other useful things. The instructors are highly experienced. They providing a good understanding of each topic.

By Adarsh P

Sep 2, 2020

Information about various valuable resources regarding Cybersecurity was shared (e.g FFIEC IT Handbook InfoBase, PTES Technical Guidelines, Security Testing, Validation & Measurement, etc) along with the basic understanding of each fundamental concept in Cybersecurity (e.g. CIA Triad, Security Compliances, Crypto attacks, etc)

By Hayagrish B

Jun 26, 2020

I loved how all the details were very relevant to today's technological advancements. The instructors were really patient and knew the most updated details which they share with students in this course. I'm really glad to have taken this course up and help my career grow! Thank you IBM and Coursera for a wonderful opportunity.

By Selvaraj P

Nov 5, 2020

Simple admire cyber security online course. so much convenient to go through in steps. Each sections and topics was so attached. Able to complete in advance. Completion given me more energy and positivity in accruing Cyber Domain knowledge.

Thanks lot to IBM for initiative and Coursera to provide us in presentable way

By Juan G

Jun 20, 2020

Excellently packed information. Great information and also great further references. A lot of independent research and readings have to be done in order to understand all the topics thoroughly, and taking notes is also crucial. Despite one or two inconveniences with the audio or quizzes, this is a pretty good course.

By Jennifer E A

This course was fantastic! I read in the forums some complainers but I had no issues understanding the instructors and thought they did a wonderful job explaining this wonderful field. I look forward to learning as much as I can! Thank you, Coursera for helping me one step closer to a better life!

Jennifer A.

By Ashok K

Dec 23, 2020

It is great course. The security is needed in every field. The cybersecurity is very important in our digital world. This introductory course teaches various aspects of cyber security. It is very interesting to learn. This course is good foundation to learn more in Cyber Security in further courses.

By Ron S

May 7, 2020

Great Introductory course. Would have been useful if videos of simulated Cyber attacks in lab environment could have been demo'd which would have added further value to this great course. Some speakers were hard to understand. Some of the transcripts are inaccurate and needs to be reviewed.

By Georgia C

Dec 14, 2020

A really good course. If you are not a beginner level I still encourage you to enroll in this course in order to refresh your knowledge. In week 3 I noticed some sound quality issues and that the only "negative" thing I can find. In general, the content was good for an introductory course.

By James

Jul 16, 2020

The course was delivered excellently.

The content was logically presented.

Practice tests were useful and provided for good learning opportunities prior to the graded tests.

The web page interface was seamless and the videos were always clear and to the point.

I recommend this course highly.

By Suri S V S Y R

Jul 27, 2020

Overall a very informative course, but very heavy on the content in terms of theory. But given the field I would say its an apt one. Some of the instruction at times were not clear but the readings are very good and useful. Lastly, the quizzes are well made and help nail the key points

By Franklin G V

Jul 15, 2020

It's has been a very good training to formally start in the Cybersecurity world. Very abundant and clear concepts guide by excellent instructors. I am highly motivated to continue the other related courses until I get the professional certification. Many thanks IBM and Coursera

By Albert W

This course has actually help and build my confidence in Cybersecurity and attacks, also to know what digital Forensics, Hackers, advance Encryption, Cryptography attacks, Firewalls etc means and i hope this will get me on a solid ground in becoming a Cybersecurity specialist.

By Sadam H

Sep 18, 2020

I understand lot of things like, types of firewalls how its working,lot of cyber security tools and one of the best thing latest updates about cybersecurity threats, and there sites, where we can view reports.

Iam very thankfull to my teaches who help me in this course.

By Jeff J

Jan 16, 2020

Great introduction to major areas of cybersecurity. This course was a great review of the most important areas of cybersecurity for someone wanting to know more or get started in the field. Cheers and thanks to the creators of this course! Warm regards, Jeff Jackson

By k K

Jul 30, 2020

In some videos. audio or course instructor language is not fully audible. Please correct that, Other than that , course content. structure and presentation , everything is good. Happy to have attended this course and learnt fundamentals of cyber security in detail.

By Fernando P L P

Sep 13, 2020

I really appreciated this course, I'm wordless to express how happy I am because I learned a lot. The teaches are very good, the way you structured the contents of this course is something very interesting. Thank you Course and IBM for this big opportunity.