Back to Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM

This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity. You will learn the history of Cybersecurity, types and motives of cyber attacks to further your knowledge of current threats to organizations and individuals. Key terminology, basic system concepts and tools will be examined as an introduction to the Cybersecurity field. You will learn about critical thinking and its importance to anyone looking to pursue a career in Cybersecurity. Finally, you will begin to learn about organizations and resources to further research cybersecurity issues in the Modern era. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Cybersecurity or as the first course in a series of courses to acquire the skills to work in the Cybersecurity field as a Jr Cybersecurity Analyst. The completion of this course also makes you eligible to earn the Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks IBM digital badge. More information about the badge can be found https://www.youracclaim.com/org/ibm/badge/introduction-to-cybersecurity-tools-cyber-attacks...

GV
Aug 14, 2020

The reading link to Week 03's Framework and their purpose is Broken. Please Fix it. Everything else seemed perfect. I would recommend this course for people who think of starting their careers in CyS.

RV
Dec 24, 2020

If you want to learn cybersecurity and you have no idea about that. Then this is the best course which covers all the basic topics and provide you a best knowledge about cybersecurity and their tools.

76 - 100 of 2,096 Reviews for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

By Nkechi O

Aug 25, 2021

The course is quite an interesting one!eno However, some of the presenters are audible enough in their presentations. What helped me was that I usually download the text of the presentation, print and read for proper understanding.

I am really so happy and grateful to God to have earned my first IBM certificate for the first part of the course! This gives me a lot of encouragement and motivation to continue with the rest of course and I hope to do my best in order to also earn the rest of the certificates.

By Raul E P

Aug 31, 2020

Excelente curso, lo recomiendo 100%. Contiene conceptos fundamentales de ciberseguridad ideales para introducirse en este campo estudio. Mejoraría algunos aspectos de audio, sin embargo, eso no le resta calidad al contenido técnico impartido. Los instructores son de alto nivel académico y con gran experiencia en su área de desempeño. El curso ofrece una variedad de referencias electrónicas para expandir la informacion. Me dejo totalmente entusiasmado en tomar el segundo módulo de esta especialización.

By God B Y

i learnt lot of things from this course really a very interesting and useful in cyber security field, i am form India and live in rural and internet speed is too slow and in this lock down more and more access of internet by a large number of persons , it become almost impossible to attend course in day time so i completed this course by being wake in whole night but i did it and really i enjoyed it lot. again thank you so much team coursera and mentor of this course.

By Vlad W

Sep 23, 2020

Great course to understand the fundamentals of the current field. I'd say it's more business-oriented and you won't find much technical knowledge. But if you want to jump into the Cybersecurity world - you can't miss this course. A lot of great resources and general information with examples will definitely make your future explorations easier. Thanks a lot!

p.s. special thanks to Kenneth Gonzalez as his lessons in my opinion were most entertaining and interesting.

By Ananya S

Aug 15, 2021

I found this course invaluable. I got to know about the history of cybersecurity, key concepts & key security tools, operating systems and cryptography too. It emphasizes critical thinking as well as the different categories of attackers, and the incident response.

This course provides the crucial fundamental knowledge about cybersecurity. Although subtitles are available, the video and audio quality is poor in some of the modules.

Thank you IBM and Coursera.

By Shwet S

Jun 2, 2021

I was keen interested in learning and gaining knowledge related to Cyber Security and its workings from beginning. After availing this course on Coursera, I was really very excited to learn with IBM. The course was very comprehensive and easy to understand. The instructors made sure that they are giving the information in a way that won't make me confused. I found this course really useful and extremely valuable.

Thank you so much for this great course!

By A B

Mar 14, 2021

II found the course very appropriate for both those who want to start their journey in the area of security and for those who just want to have knowledge about this area.

The course is very accessible because it does not require prior knowledge, although it is an asset to be familiar with computer terms.

The only thing to point out is the fact that in some videos some words are not understood due to "noise" in the communication.

By Pavarna S

Aug 29, 2020

I am thanking Coursera and IBM for providing such a knowledgeable course. It has enhance my knowledge. Those technical definitions with real time examples made me to get involve in this course deeply. I am spending my time usefully using Coursera. My college syllabus is not much deeper in technical and real time implementations. Thus I have started to study Coursera. I would like to share this wonderful MOOC site to everyone.

By Gerard J A

May 10, 2021

This course was just, wow! Truly useful information. I've always been into Cybersecurity soi decided to dive in. This is one of my first certificates on coursera, and this organization makes it so easy to study anytime, work at your own pace, and provide just as much wealth in knowledge as my classroom sessions. I highly recommend this course as IBM hit the nail on the dot here! Thank you for having me!

By Divin J

Sep 3, 2020

A well-detailed course that provides a bird's eye view of the entire cybersecurity domain. It's very beneficial for people who plan to start a career in CYbersecurity.

Lessons provided by the security architect is quite beneficial. If the audio quality of his lessons would have been slightly better, it would make the process of understanding concepts bit easier.

By A.M I H A

Aug 17, 2020

This course is a great starting point to the cyber security technologies. Here in this course I personally learned about key technologies like encryption methodologies, digital forensic and tools, IT auditing processes, and other useful things. The instructors are highly experienced. They providing a good understanding of each topic.

By Adarsh P

Sep 2, 2020

Information about various valuable resources regarding Cybersecurity was shared (e.g FFIEC IT Handbook InfoBase, PTES Technical Guidelines, Security Testing, Validation & Measurement, etc) along with the basic understanding of each fundamental concept in Cybersecurity (e.g. CIA Triad, Security Compliances, Crypto attacks, etc)

By Hayagrish B

Jun 26, 2020

I loved how all the details were very relevant to today's technological advancements. The instructors were really patient and knew the most updated details which they share with students in this course. I'm really glad to have taken this course up and help my career grow! Thank you IBM and Coursera for a wonderful opportunity.

By La V D S

Apr 9, 2021

Hi,

Hope this finds you well.

I just complete the module introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks and I want to say thanks a lot for the quality services you are offering to the humanity with a very comprehensive cost.

I wanted to know if I am qualifies for the budge and how can I get it?

Best regards

La vie Sengea

By Abdul-Rehman

May 9, 2021

Best course for getting started in CyberSecurity. This course provides you the basic knowledge to boost your career in cybersecurity. Before this course, I know nothing about cybersecurity. After this course, I am able to understand basically what is cybersecurity? why we need it? I would recommend taking this course.

By Selvaraj P

Nov 5, 2020

Simple admire cyber security online course. so much convenient to go through in steps. Each sections and topics was so attached. Able to complete in advance. Completion given me more energy and positivity in accruing Cyber Domain knowledge.

Thanks lot to IBM for initiative and Coursera to provide us in presentable way

By juan

Jun 20, 2020

Excellently packed information. Great information and also great further references. A lot of independent research and readings have to be done in order to understand all the topics thoroughly, and taking notes is also crucial. Despite one or two inconveniences with the audio or quizzes, this is a pretty good course.

By Fnu K

Sep 25, 2021

I​ m so proud of Coursera becuse I have learned very easy and flexible way about Cybersecurity. So far I have learned what is Cyber crime, Cyber attack, Firewall, Pentest, and Digital Forensic. So I want to complete all of curses and I Wanna take Professional Cyber Security Analyst Certificate . Thank you so much.

By FREDERIC C

Aug 1, 2021

I found myself quite passionate about this area of knowledge. Though I had a very basic knowledge of it, I did learn a lot more than expected just through the introduction : cryptography, forensics, the tools needed for them. I want to keep up till the end. Many thanks for your efforts to provide me these courses.

By Jennifer E A

This course was fantastic! I read in the forums some complainers but I had no issues understanding the instructors and thought they did a wonderful job explaining this wonderful field. I look forward to learning as much as I can! Thank you, Coursera for helping me one step closer to a better life!

Jennifer A.

By Erick G G

Jul 27, 2021

Estoy muy motivado, por su metodología de estudio, practica y dinamica , vengo aprendiendo conceptos nuevos que lindo el conocimiento. Agradecer a las EMPRESAS Coursera y IBM por esta gran oportunidad a futuro aspiro desarrollar y aportar a sector de la CIBERSEGURIDAD. Gracias por esta oportunidad.

By Ashok K

Dec 23, 2020

It is great course. The security is needed in every field. The cybersecurity is very important in our digital world. This introductory course teaches various aspects of cyber security. It is very interesting to learn. This course is good foundation to learn more in Cyber Security in further courses.

By Noel B

Mar 6, 2021

AN EXCELLENT INTRODUCTION TO A WIDE VARIETY OF TOPICS, BUT JUST SPECIFIC ENOUGH TO PROVIDE ENOUGH INFORMATION ON EACH TOPIC, TO BE HIGHLY-INFORMATIVE. EACH VIDEO LESSON WAS WELL THOUGHT OUT, NOTHING IMPROMPTU TOOK PLACE, AND THE WHOLE SERIES SEEMED VERY GOAL-MINDED. FOR ME, THIS IS PERFECT!

By Ron S

May 7, 2020

Great Introductory course. Would have been useful if videos of simulated Cyber attacks in lab environment could have been demo'd which would have added further value to this great course. Some speakers were hard to understand. Some of the transcripts are inaccurate and needs to be reviewed.

By Georgia C

Dec 14, 2020

A really good course. If you are not a beginner level I still encourage you to enroll in this course in order to refresh your knowledge. In week 3 I noticed some sound quality issues and that the only "negative" thing I can find. In general, the content was good for an introductory course.